The online racing simulator
Whats wrong with my DFP?
(10 posts, started )
Whats wrong with my DFP?
My DFP has been broken for a while, I finally got round to buying a new psu and it still didnt work. So I phoned Logitech on Monday. They sent me a new wheel, it arrived today! How good is that?
I just got time to hook it up and spend the evening in "new wheel LFS bliss" and I cant get it to work.
Seems to be getting no power, am I right in thinking as soon as you plug the power in it does its start up roatation thing? Im getting nothing, reinstalling the software is doing nothing, it cant detect the wheel.
This should be so simple, what am I doing wrong? Or have they sent me a dud wheel?
If everything is plugged in and software reinstalled and still doesnt work maybe is a dud.

Only thing i can think of is the cables fall out th back off the wheel. Mine kept doing it so i taped them in lol

Edit - U live in the worlds greatest city lol!
And our great city will sorely miss the great Edwards number 8!
So sad it burnt down last weekend I had many good nights there.

Cables are all fine. I was looking forward to this all day, what a downer.
... Try Control panel> Add hardware > tick yes>(keep on goin till it says finish or somethin of the sort... this should work, hopefully
Quote from mantis9 :And our great city will sorely miss the great Edwards number 8!
So sad it burnt down last weekend I had many good nights there.

Cables are all fine. I was looking forward to this all day, what a downer.

Off topic - Yes it will, had a wake in scruffys last night lol. Eddies isnt dead either gonna rebuild or open up somewhere new. AFAIK colin hasnt made a decission but im sure out of the ashes a pheonix will rise
The DFP is supposed to do it's calibration stuff WHEN the pc is starting up, so your best to turn it off (The pc) Plug it in and then it 'should' do all of it's rotating on start up, if not try another USB port or try something else in the port to see if anything is faulty within.

Good luck.
One thing could be you usbport that is dead?
Thanks for the replies

It turns out the wheel is fine (tested it on another pc, my old one is still dead),
So there is something wrong with my pc, Im thinking usb ports, it doesnt work in any of them. I dont have any other usb device handy that I know should just work if I plug it in to test the ports.
In desperation/frustration Ive just reinstalled windows and it still doesnt work.
Someone really doesnt want me to race

Off topic -

Great news about Eddies Greboth
Might be a bit dull suggestion, but also make sure you got your usb drivers installed
Crisis over! My wheel now worky! Im deliriously happy :woohoo:
My months and months of wheel-less-ness are over.

USB drivers were installed, after hours and hours of searching I found someone else who had the same problem. They fixed it by loading the default settings in the BIOS. Somethig I should of tried along time ago. Oh well, its fixed now.

See you on track :eclipseeh

Whats wrong with my DFP?
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG