The online racing simulator
#1 - Krane
Is 1$ the same as 1¢? "No." Is .5$ the same as .5¢? "No." Is .002$ the same as .002¢?
#2 - (SaM)
Yeah.. that error must've come to life by a silly secretary or someone who thought hey, .002.. that's like a couple of cents, so I'll write cents after it.
Happens more often than you think (in elementary).
It wasn't an error with math, it was an error with what the lady told the guy the rate was in the first place. She said cents, when she should have said 'dollars'.

That form of writing the amount is strange, and I have seen it before with a dollar sign beside it, NEVER a cents sign. So if she had said "point zero zero 2 dollars", everything would've been fine. But that style of writing the amount is really stupid in my opinion, and probably confuses the hell out of people when they try to explain it. But it looks all too much like 'cents'... except I don't know how dumb you have to be to miss an extra zero and know that there is not a normal way of writing currency down into the thousandths decimal place :doh: Though, gas stations here like to put a fraction after the hundreths spot (eg $2.41 9/10 -- which is really almost $2.42 that you'll be spending).

I think it is more of a scheme to make the price look cheaper. It should be banned The problem is how people are reading it. I betcha Verizon's database and rates have it written as $.002... and the representatives are reading that as $00.002, and so they automatically think it is cents. Because if I was quoted a price like $00.40, I would say that is .4 cents, or 40 cents. But the thousandths decimal spot throws them off, while the $ dollar sign is still used. It's a bad system to say the least.

I had a good laugh at the audio file, it is great!!! (and still not done with it )
I didn't know that I can laugh and cry at the same time
#5 - Krane
"were in canada" ... uh yes
uh. right, yes. ... illepall
Retards.... what more can you say.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG