The online racing simulator
GT:HD demo out
(31 posts, started )
Quote from spankmeyer :
Pardon me, I was too busy playing Wii sports. Damn this is fun. Wiiiiiiiii!

+1

My Arm hurts.
GT:HD is a beautiful looking game

O/T Hmm, the best one would be a game, with car physics of :lfs:, surroundings physics of cellfactor, car sounds of RL , and GFX of GTHD. And I hope we'll see it in S3.
im still almost drooling about how amazing it looks

to bad for them that they are still using crappy sounds, and bah humbug with the skidmarks!

and the tire squeel oh my god that needs to end! it hurts my ears!

other people say screw graphics, i say it does help alot.. i really hope LFS ends up atleast looking like GT3
Personally from all the screens I've seen the track doesn't look anywhere near as good as the RBR stages, in fact even a few of the best rF mountain type tracks look better than those screens. All seems very simple with fancy shading/lighting effects. Car looks good though.
#31 - JTbo
Quote from ajp71 :As for the tires, have you tried the latest patch, 1.1? The overall effect of the changes is a realistic slight loss of grip and bias towards understeer unless provoked. Also make sure the steering lock is properly setup, it's useless without. As for the sounds my guess is they were taken from a racing M3 (GTR Z3 maybe?) and have obviously lost all the smoothness and are other cars are far too loud but when driving on your own this mod ain't half bad. As for the gearshifts and transmission whine I really hoped they would have gone in the patch are there any decent road car gear shift sounds or rF to replace them with?

Engine sound's biggest problem is that it does not sound inline-6 at all, but more like some old 4 banger.

Patch seem not to be at rfactorcentral, must check RSC tomorrow then, good thing if handling is solved, sound is much easier to fix.

As for gear change sound, road cars don't have much of any audible gear change sound when driving, when engine is off you can of course hear sound from gearstick (or lever in more modern machines), but it is not anything that would be needed to playback as you really can't hear it IRL, I would just commment them out.
Tire noises are much more audible, I would like to test someday to set gear whine to be tire noises, maybe would work better if that would be blended into wind sample.
In modern cars like M3 E46 engine noise has been dampened so that it is not very loud, so after certain speed it becomes already difficult to hear engine from all wind and tire noise.

I really would like to put some work to damage of that car, but I have no possibilites for such work in near future.

Problem with most modders is that they are not car enthusiasts, they don't have ever worked or raced with real car, even they do have some great skills as these guys, there is then small things missing/wrong that make big difference. I'm missing lot of various modding skills, but I know cars, so it is quite easy to me say what does work and what wont

GT:HD demo out
(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG