Engine damage and pit stops.
(5 posts, started )
Not sure if this belongs in here but it seems the most relevant place for it.

When you damage your engine and make a pit stop the damage is repaired instantly with no timer or message like "MINOR/MAJOR DAMAGE".

I've done some experements and really knackered the engine to the point of not being able to use 2nd gear, pit, good as new.

Is engine damage even supposed to be fixed in the pits and was it intentional on the devs part to have it happen in this manner?
#2 - Gunn
The entire damage model is in its early stages for the Alpha of S2. Mainly it was implemented early to combat wall riding, so side impacts currently cause the most "mechanical" damage. I'm sure the pit repair and the entire damage/repair situation will evolve soon enough. This isn't really a bug, we just have to wait for things to grow a little more yet.
I must add too that the current damage model is used for suspension geometry damage ONLY. No other part of the cars are actually modelled for damage, With the exception of pre S1 engine over-rev damage.

EDIT: Oh downforce too
Quote from Sketchy :....engine over-rev damage.

Thats exactly what i'm talking about, it's this kind of damage from early downshifts or over revving thats fixed instantly, not damage resulting from any collision. I dont think this should be repairable at all, let alone repaired in zero time.

Sorry for any confusion caused by my initail post.
#5 - bbman
Imagine a box-crew member fixing a running engine... illepall

(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG