#1 - wien
Multiplayer with everyone alone on the track
I was racing on a server just now, (dopez racing server) and something strange happened. In the middle of the race, all other players on the server halted with a (lag) sign over their head. Nothing strange there, but this happened for everyone, at the same time, with the race still going. We all raced to the finish, got our positions, could talk to each other and so on. One guy there said he had that happen to him before, even in S1, but personally I've never seen anything like that.

Not sure if this is a problem in LFS, or if the server was sick or something, but I thought I'd post it anyway, just in case.

Replay attached. (It goes wierd at Lap 5)
Attached files
strange.mpr - 1.1 MB - 213 views
#2 - wien
i know the problem, it also comes up on a linux-wine-server-system.
when you want to rejoin the server, it says 'no guestinfo' (or whatever the english text says).
the udp-port of the server is full or has crashed or whatever.
i think this is a problem of wine.

if its not a linux-server, i dont know why it happened.

chat runs over the tcp-port, which is still open.
#4 - wien
I don't know what OS the server was running, as it wasn't mine, but it could very well be a Linux/wine combo.

Either way, if chat and game logic goes across TCP and positions across UDP, that more or less explains why the problem came up, and makes it look like more of a server problem... to me at least...
#6 - dopez
its a linux server indeed (dopez racing server) and i seem to have this problem allot now, i also restart the servers daily at 6:00 but around 14-15:00 when much people are playing on it it already goes down again, to be honest im out of ideas what to do about it, restart it twice a day?

i'll try to compile a cvs version maybe something has been fixed in there
#7 - dopez
It seems this problem is gone (for me) when you run every lfs server as its own user. i still restart the servers at 6am and i might try not to do that to see how long it stays good but so far the servers are used pretty much all day and evening and it hasnt crashed yet.

So my advice for linux lfs server hosters who also have these problems, just make a cronjob that restarts every day and make sure you run only one server per user (i think it has something to do that else wineserver shares resources)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG