The online racing simulator

Poll : Do You think there should be a mountain drift course?

Closed since :
Yes
No
Quote from JJ72 :ummmm lets just say in common sense, there's nothing as a drift course. There's no piece of tarmac in the world which you cannot drive over it unless you go completely sideways, cos it's just a piece of track afterall!!!

whether it's a drift course depends on how you use it really, somebody can call it a hill climb, I can call it rally monte carlo....I wouldn't mind having a real twisty road in LFS becauses there's never been such a road in serious racing simulators and I could love to see the challenge of it compare to a wide open race track.

Ever heard of the Dragon Range in Enthusia? I imagine it might be a real touge as well? Anyways, ever since viewing these videos, and recently getting into my new touge (grip) obsession, ive been dedicating to unlocking this track.

The second vid has the map in the top left

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_D2cOHwemA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbTFaqQ8wv0
that is gymkahana or autocross.... not true drifting competition. getting around the track as quickly as possible is called hotlapping .

i think what really annoys guys about drifting is that alot of guys that are into drifting in LFS are new to autosport, and say alot of ignorant things.
I'd agree with that.

SCCA Solo 2 competition (often referred to as Autocross in the US for some reason) is different from Drifting. I always think of Drifting as the synchronised swiming of motorsport - very skilled but you get points for style; so to a regular olympiad its seen as the soft option. I don't agree, but I think thats what many think.
Quote from Gabkicks :that is gymkahana or autocross.... not true drifting competition. getting around the track as quickly as possible is called hotlapping .

i think what really annoys guys about drifting is that alot of guys that are into drifting in LFS are new to autosport, and say alot of ignorant things.

Autocross is great! Now _that_ takes skill. And you're right I think gab regarding general attitude, while I think sliding a car around corners of a track is somewhat pointless and the sort of thing kids do in carparks for fun, it's the whole "FnF" attitude I see from most of the people who want this "drifting" stuff that I think gets to me the most.. you know... 30 gears in a gear box that tops out at 60mph, stupid graphics stuck on backwards down 1 side of the car and kids who think dump valves make you go 50mph faster :rolleyes: oh and of course, the use of the non-existent word "touge".

I did laugh (quite a lot) at that "drift bible" movie and it all seems rather pointless to me (much the same as wrestling is just wanabee acting) but much is exaggerated by the whole "yo.. needz 26" spinnerz and gotta be slidewayz to be k00l yo!" attitude that puts the final nail in the coffin for me.

No doubt the "professionals" don't act like this, but there again, I still don't think there's half the skill required to slide your car around a track as there is to race a car around a track. I've slid many cars around for some fun, I've also done track days in a few cars.. and beating personal bests at track days was both far more challenging and rewarding than spinning the wheels for an extra 2 seconds over the last corner.

Regards,

Ian
far more fun sliding
Ian ur pissing me off. u should visit www.lfs-torque.net and u can see that we dont want those spinners,riced bodykits, 600+ hp engines or anything there. lfs torque is a place to discuss just things like here. A lot of nice people are there that support lfs for years.. so grow up and stop with ur piece of shit options. anyway +1 for mountain track
Let us pretend that Scawen reads this thread and says to himself "ah, screw it" and he and Eric make a one way hill track, and lets call it Aston Hill.

A few days after it is released to the LFS public, you see in the server list something akin to "touge drift" with Aston Hill reverse as the track. Scrolling down, you see "Aston hill climb" with Aston Hill normal as another option. And if you are interested in one versus the other, chances are you wont participate in the one you dislike.

Obviously.

So depending on what kind of racing you like, you can have it both ways...problem solved!

Quote from davejah :Ian ur pissing me off... so grow up and stop with your piece of shit opinions+.

Oh my...you just negated your argument, you know. And who cares what Ian thinks?
Quote from Ian.H :I think sliding a car around corners of a track is somewhat pointless

not like going round a track faster than anybody else has more of a point ... the point is having fun and if drifting doesnt float you boat fine but stop jumping every damn thread about drifting to post your oppinion on it for the sole purpose of igniting a flame war
Sketchy rollin564..... I've been keeping track of drifting 3-4 years before fnf tokyo drift came out.So i guess i would be excluded from some of what u said. And for some extra info..... i hate the damn movie tokyo drift the worst drift association on film (my personnal opinion) I think it was the worst way to represent drifting in car-film history
Quote from T-6 TURBO :Sketchy rollin564..... I've been keeping track of drifting 3-4 years before fnf tokyo drift came out.So i guess i would be excluded from some of what u said. And for some extra info..... i hate the damn movie tokyo drift the worst drift association on film (my personnal opinion) I think it was the worst way to represent drifting in car-film history

Im not saying that anyone in the U.S. who drifts, is just some ricer who saw Tokyo Drift, and wanted to be "cool". Sure, theres plenty of true enthusiasts, but theres also the same thing that happens after every FnF movie. Ricers take over the streets for about a yera

Btw, today i saw the best rice rocket.

Red mitsubishi eclipse, with primer body kit, that looked RETARDED, and didnt even flow with the lines of the car. The best part was the wing. First of all, the wing was on a front wheel drive car. That alone is funny enough. Secondly, You know those two tower things that hold the wing up? so it looks like this:

____
l l The idiot put it on wrong, and it hung like this

\
l \
l l

When will they learn?
Quote from davejah :www.lfs-torque.net

Illiterate "txt spk" snipped...

What did my point have to do with that site? and why does my perceived image of "drifters" upset you so much? guilty conscience? and really, what does other people supporting LFS have to do with what I think of "drifting" or "drifters"?

Smurfen.. you do have a point.. it can be.. if it's 4 wheels and the car has no downforce, built before the 70s

Damn, even when I try to post less hastily, you "drifters" still get your kacks in a twist.. really quite pathetic

Shotglass.. I hadn't been around for a few days, hence my reply now to the thread again and of course getting around a track 1/10th quicker than the previous time / person has a point... to umm, oh yeah, win the race! Sliding the arse end around like a 17 year old kid poser proves nothing.. anyone can do it, even Jeremy Clarkson! If acting silly in such a way floats your boat fine

Maybe there should be a separate "slide around like a kid to 'have fun'" forum.. and leave the people who are serious about racing to their own devices instead of keep repeatedly asking for the same useless shit such as "touges" and "tyres that make red smoke"... and you want me to consider "drifting" seriously!? get real!

Regards,

Ian
I voted Yes. I can imagine how fun it would be. One thing i'd love to do is hit a guardrail and just flip over. This, making you fall off the mountain and a 400 feet drop. You could try something like rally courses on it too like Pikes peak or snow tracks on Gran turismo 4. But really, a mountain course doesn't all have to be for drifting.
Somthing very similar to Dragon Range in Enthusia, or just any mountain pass track would simply make my year.
I am a all around drifter so you already know that I support this idea not just for drifting but as the others suggjested for Moutian sprints, racing, hill climb, so more people interested in hill climb, mountian sprint will be interested in this game. I would very like to see some moutian courses and some courses like [pikes peak].
I personally say no, LFS isn't a drifting game, its a racing game. People should be glad that the physics are good enough so you can drift.

Cheers,
Matt.
Quote from KanseiDneova :I personally say no, LFS isn't a drifting game, its a racing game. People should be glad that the physics are good enough so you can drift.

Cheers,
Matt.

Did you just not read the last 20 - 28 posts about how this should be for hill climbing, mountain racing and such on.
Just expressing my opinion.

Cheers,
Matt.
Quote from Ian.H :of course getting around a track 1/10th quicker than the previous time / person has a point... to umm, oh yeah, win the race! Sliding the arse end around like a 17 year old kid poser proves nothing.. anyone can do it, even Jeremy Clarkson! If acting silly in such a way floats your boat fine

racing is just as childish ... its competing for the sake of competition with no personal growth to be made that has any use outside of the competition
and youre resorting to polemics and insults yet again ... matter of fact i cant even remember the last time i read a post from you that was anything more than that
IMO i think lfs should have more up and down sections (like as4)
Quote from Drift_0k :i would prefer drifting on tracks =D Where would the pits be at if there a mountain course

at the end
Quote from Ian.H :
Shotglass.. I hadn't been around for a few days, hence my reply now to the thread again and of course getting around a track 1/10th quicker than the previous time / person has a point... to umm, oh yeah, win the race! Sliding the arse end around like a 17 year old kid poser proves nothing.. anyone can do it, even Jeremy Clarkson! If acting silly in such a way floats your boat fine

I'll agree that most drifters on LFS are stupid (I won't bother ranting about why they are) but Ian.H- that is the most hypocritical thing I have read in a long time.

Winning the race is as pointless as anything else. You don't gain ANYTHING from it (professional racing excluded, obviously).
If you drift off the road, it's usually much worse in reality. xD
Quote from Drift_0k :it will be a disaster if we drift off the road xD

knowing LFS' way of handling collisions, it'd probably involve lots of flying
Quote from Ian.H :

Smurfen.. you do have a point.. it can be.. if it's 4 wheels and the car has no downforce, built before the 70s

Regards,

Ian

and drifting looks cooler, in my opinion enyways, people have diffrent opinions, this could be discussed for ages.I just love LFS no matter what!:eclipsee_

Mountian Drift Course
(482 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG