The online racing simulator
has anyone raced scawen or other devs?
just curious
being a demo racer i doubt u ever will unless u buy S2 (talking to Blingy) i never have either but im in a different timezone from the devs
#3 - SamH
I have never racing them or doubt i will, but there is a replay of a race which scawen was invited to take part in and did. I think the combo was ky national rev with fxo
scawen did a 16 player test in s1, here's the pic
im the white rb4 on the left
Quote from Barroso :scawen did a 16 player test in s1, here's the pic

Haha nice pic guess the poor pc was having a hard time at 6.2fps
As I see the photo taker didn't use your tip
Quote from [COBRA-R]Blingy :I know. I probably will never get S2. And, Im glad for that. As for racing the Dev's. Like I said, they are probably too busy to race.

just curious and not to bring up any situation or anything, but what is so pleasing about not getting something?
It was a warm summer evening in the US in mid June. We had been racing the S2 demo release for quite some time. The idi team was everywhere. Everyone was tired of the wreckers in demo, yet no one wanted to move back to the S1 physics, graphics, and features to race on licensed servers. The newly reinstituted CRC was in full swing. Good racing was abundant from the CRC. Wreckers would enter and immediately get a vote ban. You didn't have to see it or know who they were. You knew who the voted in CRC members were and knew you could take their word. When a CRC member voted to ban/kick a wrecker, you knew you could blindly follow along with a "press 1" vote as the CRC members could be trusted.

A player is connecting
Scawen connected
Thunder: Hey look everyone, it's Scawen! LOL
JohnnyB: hehehe, great racing sim Scawen!

We raced a few races with "Scawen"

NightHawk: LOL, yea right, like it's really Scawen, look, I can change my name too...
Eric Bailey took over from NightHawk
Eric Bailey: hehehe, how ya doing Scawen buddy :-)
Scawen: Good eric, how are you?
Scawen: I was just popping in here to say that I'm releasing S2 tomorrow. Look for the announcement
Scawen disconnected

I woke up the next morning to find an email announcement that S2 0.5P was released (I think P was the first license release..)

So.... Did I ever race with Scawen? Don't know, anyone can make their name anything they want on the demo, there are no registered names. Funny though, how only he would know that he was releasing S2 the following day and "Scawen" reported in the chat on the server after racing with us that he was releasing it, then it was true the following morning. So, if it actually was Scawen, then not only did I race a few short races with him, but he also spoke to me directly after I jokingly changed my name to Eric Bailey!! :bowdown:
LOL

And yes, I checked on the forum (RSC at the time), LFS.net, and my email after that particular night of racing and it had not been released at the time this "Scawen" announced it in the race server chat.
#10 - SamH
hehe nice one Mike!
Quote from Barroso :scawen did a 16 player test in s1, here's the pic

looking at that pic, damn the FXO was looking really nice in S1, i want it back!
RICE!!! :P
S1 looks so... basic looking at that screenie.
I've raced Scawen and Victor, but never knowingly in LFS itself (me and dave mantis9 lost btw) but on a kart track at one of the LFS meet-ups.
Scawen even bought a round in the pub after
I think Franky missed out on that one lol
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=30651#post30651
He probably races all the time under a pseudonym. Do chefs not eat their own food?
Quote from goode400 :He probably races all the time under a pseudonym. Do chefs not eat their own food?

yea, wouldnt be a surprise, i guess id do the same.
and yea, he can have as much usernames as he want, so why not?
I've been wondering who this "Alan Smithee" is who takes part in the STCC...
I raced them all, even Eric Eric's the fastest, but still miles away from the typical leagueracing top-driver
I raced Scawen and Victor IRL on a karting event, I was rubbish
i think i was on with either eric or victor on an autox course a while ago.
I have raced Scawen on LFS, and also Raced Scawen and VIC in real life. Damn they are fast Kart drivers

ATM, I guess they do race, but its behind closed doors, and on private S2 testing servers with the Beta Boys
I think you mean that tag race, right fordie?
That was another milestone of LFS history hehe
I've raced with vic and scawen at least.. not sure about eric but in all this years we never know... :P recently i raced with victor in the SRDA Super race....

he was 11th

1st Cyber|Misko
2nd SDRA|Moby
3rd OCR|Vykos
4th T7R|BBO
5th SDRA|HittiS
6th Cyber|Neo
7th SDRA|GranaT
8th SDRA|Bosse
9th (AR)Göran
10th OCR|Ruditurbo
11th Victor van Vlaardingen
12th OCR|Vince
13th OCR|N1lyn
14th MPT|DeeS
Manyt moons ago I raced Scawen one evening on the UKCT server (before they where named UKCT) in the FOX at South City Classic. I dont know who won most races and I dont recall us being side by side at any time, which probably means he won.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG