Solved - Is my card broke? (screens inside)
(10 posts, closed, started )
I think my graphics card may be starting to go? Or something inside. Just today I havn't been able to watch video files, on any player. They all appear as a black screen, with a bit of red on.

There's an example on this post,

Whats happening? Is it time to get a new card? Or something else?

Edit: Just noticed that the red doesn't show on the screenshot. But its definatly there on the media player, i've tried all my players..Quicktime..Windows Media Player..None of them work, they all do this. BUT, when I edited a video in Sony Vegas, I could still see the video there.

Any help appreciated.
Cheers,
Jack.
Attached images
Badqualex.JPG
maybe your codecs are just screwed up.
try installing new ones.
download gspot and load it up in gspot and it should work properly, i've had this problem, and just this past week i've somehow "magically" fixed the problem whatever it was..
Thanks for your help guys, it was the codec's.

Cheers!
Mod-Close this.
Help!

Since got a new computer, reformatted to.

Problem is back! Loaded the video's up in G-spot, still gets the wierd inverted colour stuff. Looks like those heat sensing cameras.

Help? I've just re-installed my Codec's too, by the way. DivX and Xvid.
#6 - Jakg
I'd recommend grabbing the K-Lite Codec Pack - Have you tried VLC?

Either way i don't think the cards dead
Quote from Jakg :I'd recommend grabbing the K-Lite Codec Pack - Have you tried VLC?

Either way i don't think the cards dead

I know the card isn't dead, i've just been playing LFS.

I think i've sorted it now, let me test again further.
It's definitly not faulty hardware, bring down any OC's just for now, and I guess it worth checking GPU tempuratures. PS, mcintyrej, in your sig your missing a 0 in '36GB Raptor'
~Bryan~
#9 - Jakg
...? Raptors are 10,000 RPM SCSI server HDD's in a SATA interface - they are VERY quick, but expensive - as such the 36 GB is popular for installing applications etc whereas people tend to get a second larger drive for other data (iirc he's got a Hitachi Desktstar 250 GB)
Quote from Jakg :...? Raptors are 10,000 RPM SCSI server HDD's in a SATA interface - they are VERY quick, but expensive - as such the 36 GB is popular for installing applications etc whereas people tend to get a second larger drive for other data (iirc he's got a Hitachi Desktstar 250 GB)

Ding ding ding. 5 points to the Jack's.

Thread can be closed now. Fixed the problem - was infact codecs.
This thread is closed

(10 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG