The online racing simulator
New Nvidia Driver 81.85
(41 posts, started )
Well I said I report back, and here I am. Well, what ever Nvidia have done, they have certainly done something right. I am getting approx 5fps increase across the board. IQ is, in my old eyes much better. I can now run LFS, HL2 and CSS in 1024x768 but with x4 AA and x4 AF ( Remember I only have a FX5500 )

no AF and x2 AF also work flawlesly LoOney

HL2 is much more stable, and so is CCS. I can run LFS full maxed out and at 1280x1024 and still got 30fps with no stutters, full grid

Well I am a happy chappy.

Fordie
Quote from Fordman :no AF and x2 AF also work flawlesly LoOney

81.87?

I've got these installed right now, and im still having the AA problems.

Did notice a small increase in FPS, but that increase is useless as i have to use 4x AA, i normally use 2xQ.
Not tried them yet, currently on my notebook.
I'll tell you tomorrow
Quote from ORION :Not tried them yet, currently on my notebook.
I'll tell you tomorrow

No Need m8, could not wait any longer. Yummy, very very Yummy
Just updated to the 81.87 XG Drivers and tbh I see no real diffrence. The reason that could be is that all my gfx settings are on max with 8xAA and 16xAF. There is one thing diffrent for me and that is a frame rate drop, but that could be because of the better, but no seeable textures.

Attached is 2 pics, one with the 81.85 drivers, the other with the 81.87 drivers. See if you can tell the diffrence
Attached images
81.85 XG drivers.JPG
81.87 XG Drivers.JPG
Quote :Just updated to the 81.87 XG Drivers and tbh I see no real diffrence. The reason that could be is that all my gfx settings are on max with 8xAA and 16xAF. There is one thing diffrent for me and that is a frame rate drop, but that could be because of the better, but no seeable textures.

I noticed a frame rate drop moving the the WHQLs preceeding the 81.85 and another drop from 81.85 to 81.87, with the same (everything minimum/off) settings. Didn't see any improvement in quality, so not a good set of drivers for me & my FX 5200.

Quote :Attached is 2 pics, one with the 81.85 drivers, the other with the 81.87 drivers. See if you can tell the diffrence

Can't tell, I could swear the 81.85 is slightly fuzzier but it could just be the angle.
81.85 and 81.87 lock up my PC (2 7800GTX in SLi mode running under Win XP x64 )

Having to stick with 77.77, although I have no issues with them except a few glitches in BF2. LFS with AA SLi16x looks pretty sweet.

LFS is so reliant on the CPU, it doesn't really stress my Graphics card(s) anyway, but it's a little worrying the latest drivers so thoroughly lock up my PC
Quote from Rob76 :81.85 and 81.87 lock up my PC (2 7800GTX in SLi mode running under Win XP x64 )

Having to stick with 77.77, although I have no issues with them except a few glitches in BF2. LFS with AA SLi16x looks pretty sweet.

LFS is so reliant on the CPU, it doesn't really stress my Graphics card(s) anyway, but it's a little worrying the latest drivers so thoroughly lock up my PC

DO you have Dual Monitors or a P4 with HT enabled, as there seems to be a problem with HT enabled and dual monitors. People have found that it you disabled the HT on your P4 it works.
Quote from Fordman :DO you have Dual Monitors or a P4 with HT enabled, as there seems to be a problem with HT enabled and dual monitors. People have found that it you disabled the HT on your P4 it works.

No I have AMD and only one monitor. It seemed to be linked to SLi mode as the PC was only locking up in games running SLi and LFS didn't lockup if I set the NVidia drivers to single GPU (i.e. SLi off).

Anyone know if the 8x drivers push the hardware harder than version 7x - could be a Power supply issue if they do?
The latest 81.94 drivers seem to have cured the lockup issues (fingers crossed).
Quote from NotAnIllusion :so not a good set of drivers for me & my FX 5200.

Actually, I haven't seen any major (if any) improvement for the FX5200 since 66.++. I might be wrong, but I don't think any of the newer drivers will do much difference on such an old card. Please correct me if I'm wrong here, cause I'd love to get some more power out of my old FX5200
Hehe, you're right. I keep hoping - to no avail obviously - that one day it will make a slight difference, so I keep getting the newest drivers.. New ones are out, 81.94. Good drivers!
NVidia 81.87 NIGHT & DAY (A bit Long)
I had problem with slow FPS / Crashing when I re-started playing this game about 2 mos ago and I did the following:

1) New Nvidia Driver 81.84
2) New Sound Driver Latest Soundblaster
3) Re-Flash the Mother Board
4) Defrag
5) Adjust Nvidia Settings
6) Remove un-needed background processes
7) New Direct X (9C I beleive)
8) Disable Norton / Microsoft Spy Remove

It was a little better and still crashed on occasion. I removed a the Audio HQ toolbar and that did the trick for the crashes. As for the FPS I was still @ 8-12 FPS @ the beggining of an online race and never better than about 28 FPS when racing online..

I was thinking about buying a new video card when I saw this post. I went to NVidia and got the 81.87 driver and went from always getting passed on the first corner with my choppy hard to control 8-9 FPS to a "So long sucker" smooth & controllable 22-25 FPS. For the rest of the race when the traffic clears up a bit it now runs between 52 and 60 FPS!.

In conjunction with the the 4XS Antialiasing setting on the card I've got eye candy I never knew I had . It's like a different game! Within 30 minutes of playing online I was a good .5 sec faster around Blackwood (FOX) than I ever was before

My PC has : Pentium IV 2.20 GHZ 512MB Ram, NVidia GEForce Ti 4600 128 MB, slow 60Hz LCD Flatscreen, Sound Blaster Audigy 1st Generation
these drivers simply rock

i use to play hl2 then i updated to the newer drivers (old ones before this one)

then didnt play hl2 for a while, then when i tried it ran like crap and studdered so bad I couldnt play at all.

i downloaded these the other day and WOW what a boost in performance in all games.

BTW, this is with a fx5200

hl2 on high and 2x aa and 2xaf i never see less then 25fps, doom 3 is locked at 22fps and cs:s is locked at 52

these drivers deffinetly give more power out of the fx5200

New Nvidia Driver 81.85
(41 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG