The online racing simulator

Poll : Should we use other lighting conditions?

Closed since :
1 or 2 Grands Prix should be held using evening or cloudy conditions
Yes, every Grand Prix should be at a non-standard lighting condition.
No, none of them should be kept.
Should we consider using other lighting conditions?
Simple. Should we use the other lighting conditions for future races? It would spice it up a little and expose drivers to something a little different to the usual clear day settings which get overused Feel free to vote if you aren't competing, the views of some racing fans would be interesting.
Focus on getting a larger grid and more consistent and easier to understand rules, before you worry about lighting.
#3 - garph
Couldn't put it better myself lads.
Whoops, I clicked on 'No' when I meant yes. Cloudy would be good, decided without warning prior to a session. Evening is a bit of a no-no, as GP's aren't run in the evening (yet).

If a mod sees this, can you move my vote to the middle one please.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Focus on getting a larger grid and more consistent and easier to understand rules, before you worry about lighting.

Lighting has no real effect, so QS is quite right. Wind however is something that you might want to look at when you have double figure grids. Get the cars first though IMO.
nah, I think just leave it as is. Tbh, personally, I don't really mind different lighting conditions, I prefer not to use them because sometimes having different lighting conditions can cause visibility problems so stick with clear.
Its not a case of lighting having no effect, I remember it was used in a league I raced in. We were not told what lighting would be used, and it really caught out the people who practiced in clear conditions when the race conditions were overcast. I just think its hard enough at the moment and its best to focus on more important things.
Afaik, Some may say to keep it the same because those drivers use the object shadows for cues of braking or turn-in.
#11 - Nobo
I drive chase view and i really have problem with my braking points when its not standard weather, but when i know what weather the gp is, i can adapt that, np.
We won't for Aston, but we will use the following non-normal lighting conditions

Welsh GP (Blackwood) - Cloudy afternoon
Jamaican GP (FE Gold) - Overcast dusk
Irish GP (Westhill) - Cloudy sunset
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG