The online racing simulator
Nvidia Gforce 5500FX
(6 posts, started )
Nvidia Gforce 5500FX
Hello. My card is an Nvidia Gforce 5500Fx, now i´m in a problem. Just in a few days the last version of LFS is going to get out. Somebody knows if the new X version need more powerfull card or its ok my card?. Please if you know samething write me at [email protected]

Thanks.
Patch X will look exactly the same as the previous few incarnations, so if your card worked there it will continue to work. My old 5500 was okay for LFS, but did struggle a bit on a full grid.
Your card should be fine but if you dont have good CPU you might struggle with your FPS at the end of 32 player pole.
I tryed X beta and the frame rates are aparently the same
Quote from NitroNitrous :I tryed X beta and the frame rates are aparently the same

It's not the patch itself that will affect the frame rate, but the increased amount of racers. Did you run the W test patches with a full 32 car grid and notice no frame rate change?

I KNOW I won't be joining any 32 car grids. I struggle with more than 18. Before it was lag with my dialup, now it's my graphics that is my bottleneck (still working on that, but had to start saving all over again as my kids wanted dinner before payday... )
Yes of course, I tryed some offline races with 20 cars and frame rates went down a bit but as you saw, is not the patch itself who affects performance of the game

Nvidia Gforce 5500FX
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG