The online racing simulator
You're gonna hate me for this
I dont wanna be smug, and i dont wanna gloat, but, at the risk of making myself a target online, i thought i should show you this.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayI ... W0QQfltZ9QQfromZR8QQfviZ1

This thing is practically brand new,
And as far as i can tell, works perfectly.

There is a long story that goes with this, but, i'll try to be brief.
This bloke bought it on a whim, didnt like it, so decided to flog it, but, for some reason, he gave it a really obscure listing, and, more by luck than judgement, i found it.
Only one other person found it, but they obviously didnt know its true worth, and only bid the minimum amount.
So i hung around until the last moment, put my maximum bid in, clicked on send, and, my computer froze !!! arrrrrrgggggghhhhhhh !!!
Had a quick check of my router, i was still online, so pulled up another page, bid again, clicked on send, and.......... my bloody computer froze again !!!.
Both pages were blank for 5mins !!!! damn !!!
Had to reboot.
Got back online, went to My Ebay, and.....and..... , i'd won it, , both bids had actually gone through, it was just my computer playing mind games with me, (strange how they know what winds you up).

The only trouble is, i now have no excuse for being slow !

Mazz
#2 - avih
hehe, enjoy your new wheel
So, umm... You got basically new DFP for 7$? You bastard...
$7, thats like what, £4?

God damnit, I spent ~£60 on my MSSWFF (Note to self: Don't buy hardware from game). But you can find such steals on ebay at times. I got a new Mac G3 for £80 inc shipping off there.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Maybe you misunderstood,

I already have it, it looks brand new, has'nt got a scratch on it, and works perfectly. Even the pedals work properly !!

I thought my other wheel (thrustmaster, ferrari force feedback) was good, but, its like stirring a bag of rocks with a wooden spoon compared to this DFP.
-
Cheers

I spoke to the guy on the phone before i sent any money, and he was a really sound chap, so i didnt really have any worries, but i know what you mean.
There was a young kid on telly tonight who had conned 100's of people out of £100,000's of pounds, so you do have to be careful, but doesnt that go for life in general !

Anyway, i guess the moral of this story is, if you sometimes think of wierd and wonderful descriptions for things on ebay, there are some little jems to be found there, spelling mistakes are always one to try.

A few months ago i got an AMD Athlon XP 2600+ with all the trimmings, for £50, it was listed as pentium 2 and had a really bad photo, but the guy lived nearby, so i paid him a visit, took one look at it, virtually threw the cash at him, and ran away very quickly !
-
Wow........just wow.

I hate you.....but I'm happy for you, lol.
Quote from Mazz4200 : A few months ago i got an AMD Athlon XP 2600+ with all the trimmings, for £50, it was listed as pentium 2 and had a really bad photo, but the guy lived nearby, so i paid him a visit, took one look at it, virtually threw the cash at him, and ran away very quickly !

If the average price for a XP 2600+ is anything like it is here in the States, that's not exactly a steal. A quick look on pricewatch.com (a US-only site) shows the price for a Barton 2600+ is about 70-80 USD, or about 40-45 GBP.

My Barton 3000+ is apparently still worth $150 USD... yeah right.

Sorry for being slightly O/T.

Congrats on the wheel, Mazz. :up:
Forbin,

£50 was for the whole PC system, not just the chip.
+ new monitor, keyboard, mouse etc (but maybe they are that cheap over there, i dunno ?)

Couple of weeks ago, someone was selling a full working computer system, with a 17" TFT, and a starting bid of £20, it was listed as "p.c"
No-one bid for it, it was pick up only and they lived at the other end of the country from me, if i remember correctly it was quite good, a pIII i think !!!

"Five Business Work Shits" !! Lol Thisnameistaken
#10 - JTbo
Wery lucky

I just bought mine, was 89 euros and I thought that it was cheap :P
Mazz, ah yes, I thought it might be something like that.
Great find! Gotta love bad listings

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG