Nvidia GeForce FX5700 - Overclock
(6 posts, started )
Hi,

after looking at a few tutorials, I decided to *try to* overclock my PC. I would first like to start with the GFX, which happens to be a Nvidia GeForce FX5700 128mb. I tried using Riva Tuner, but it's I am like a bit confused about all the options there are.

I took a screen of what my GFX is about 'stock'.

Now, how much can I push it to stay in a safely range?
Quote from Riders Motion :Hi,

after looking at a few tutorials, I decided to *try to* overclock my PC. I would first like to start with the GFX, which happens to be a Nvidia GeForce FX5700 128mb. I tried using Riva Tuner, but it's I am like a bit confused about all the options there are.

I took a screen of what my GFX is about 'stock'.

Now, how much can I push it to stay in a safely range?

That card doesn't overclock nice. I tried before I got my new PC, I pushed it up about 10Mhz, it was unstable and started to artefact. Just leave it or you could damage it.
Yeah it's a pretty weak card to begin with. Even if you overclocked it to the max, you probably won't see much of an improvement. Whats the rest of your system like? Tightening the RAM, and overclocking the CPU does give you a decent boost if your systems getting old and tired, although there is a point to draw the line
~Bryan~
Quote from dropin_biking :Yeah it's a pretty weak card to begin with. Even if you overclocked it to the max, you probably won't see much of an improvement. Whats the rest of your system like? Tightening the RAM, and overclocking the CPU does give you a decent boost if your systems getting old and tired, although there is a point to draw the line
~Bryan~

I have 512 mb of RAM and my PSU is AMD Sempron 3000+ (1.8 GHz) so I'm probably going to work on this for the next hours. Thank you for the replies!
PSU is AMD Sempron 3000+? You meant CPU right?
#6 - robt
I have a fx5700LE and using the overclock settings in the nvidia menu (unlocked via the registry) i can get 350mhz GPU and 1.01ghz memory though not run it that high for long, usualy leave it at about 300-325mhz GPU and about 900mhz Memory clock.

(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG