The online racing simulator
Bug or Intention: Weblogin instead of Racers Name at PB
Bug or Intention: Weblogin instead of Racers Name at PB

Noticed it yesterday, and I am not sure wether this is a bug or intended. Has it been this way before?

-> When I drive a personal best lap time, the server displays my weblogin, like "huxorator drove a new PB (xxx)", regardless of the driver name I am using. If I drive as huxley or something else, huxorator is still displayed. Anyone noticed? Happened to me with FXR on AS national.
#2 - avih
That's how it works at the moment. It might be usefull to see the screen name too in parenthesis perhaps. But you can always see the real-name ("web login") by holding CTRL+SHIFT with the names list on.
Yes, it shows your registered name because that's what LFSW looks at. The fastest lap of the race message uses your display name.
I'm pretty sure that's intentional.
Maybe it would be better to show both (like when you join the server), if that's possible.
Quote from avih :But you can always see the real-name ("web login") by holding CTRL+SHIFT with the names list on.

I didn't know that, thank you.

Quote from inCogNito :Maybe it would be better to show both (like when you join the server), if that's possible.

Think so too. I am a bit confused when I read someone did a PB but can't find that persons name in the list. If the weblogin is treated as a unique ID behind the screen name, it would be fine to put the idea in () brackets behind or whatever.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG