The online racing simulator
Player Flags (penalties)
(2 posts, started )
Player Flags (penalties)
Hi, I'm trying to figure out a couple of things about player penalties in the mpr file, so I'd better just ask.

Flags are added to one another, but I'd like an explanation about "mentioned" and "confirmed" and some cases.

Confirmation Flags
------------------
MENTIONED 1
CONFIRMED 2
PENALTY_DT 4 <-- disqualified
PENALTY_SG 8 <-- disqualified
PENALTY_30 16
CONF_PENALTY_45 32
CONF_DID_NOT_PIT 64 <-- disqualified

I've seen that ending the race without any penalty results in the value '2' for confirmed. What is the value "mentioned" meant for?

Now an example of an actual race situation that happened in our league two weeks ago. We were running a 1 hour race with mandatory pitstop. One guy had to enter pits due to a punctured tire in lap 38 out of 39 and exceeded the speed limit entering, getting a drive through penalty. Then, he had to complete his drive through in the last lap, when the winner had already crossed the finishing line.

The messages were like this:

- A enters the pitlane to complete a drive-through penalty (enter pits before B finishes the race)
- B wins the race
- A did not finish the race (being in the pitlane, crosses the fnishline after B had already done, thus not having completed the penalty)

Then the A guy completed the penalty, but in the results table he already appeared as DSQ.

The things is that he appears in the mpr file with the value '6' in the penalties field, which stands for "penalty_dt" + "confirmed".

In my opinion he finished the race without having completed the penalty, so even having it completed after the race is finished he shouldn't be qualified.
Please someone just tell what "mentioned" means, I'm fixing my parser function that handles penalties and all the stuff related and I need to know the reason why everyone always seems to be "confirmed" but never "mentioned". Just forget the example above

Player Flags (penalties)
(2 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG