The online racing simulator
SEAT Leon Cupra set wanted
(3 posts, started )
Does anyone know (or already have) how to find the various camber/spring settings etc to make a set that will handle like a real SEAT Leon Cupra (and the R version)? I'm talking the older models not the new MPV shaped one.
Dude seriously you won't get it to handle like a real seat leon cupra R, you might be able to get a set that makes the car handle for like a real road car. But there are variable differences that make the car handle better, #1 wheel size can effect the handling the seat leon has bigger and better tyres than the XFG (i think thats what you want it for) also the seat leon will have better suspesion than an XFG would have in real life. Therefore it will never handle like one.

Just make a replica skin that looks like a seat and be happy.
Quote from pearcy_2k7 :Dude seriously you won't get it to handle like a real seat leon cupra R, you might be able to get a set that makes the car handle for like a real road car. But there are variable differences that make the car handle better, #1 wheel size can effect the handling the seat leon has bigger and better tyres than the XFG (i think thats what you want it for) also the seat leon will have better suspesion than an XFG would have in real life. Therefore it will never handle like one.

Just make a replica skin that looks like a seat and be happy.

Actually I'm looking to base it on the FXO as it's a FWD Turbo, going to add mass and intake the restriction to get the right power to weight ratio, (although I wont get the actual weight right for the Cupra R - LFS doesn't quite go heavy enough).

Good point about the suspension though. I knew the tyres etc would probably be out but I hadn't factored in the "quality" of the suspension. ie the LEONs have progressive springs and LFS doesn't give that kind of option settling for a fixed spring rate. As for damping quality. I know a real road cars damping will "go off" after a session of hot laps, but I've no idea how they model the damping physics in LFS.

I was only really after something that approximated a relatively modern, (ie post 2000) "sports" model road car and as I drive a Leon Cupra for real, I chose that. Just as a comparison with the race set up on the XFG for example.

I was surprised at just how hard it is to find in depth technical information for real cars.

(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG