The online racing simulator
Cycling.tv
(6 posts, started )
#1 - Nobo
Cycling.tv
Anyone is a cycling fan an is watching cycling on the internet at cycling.tv or other sources?
I am huge fan of cycling and watching almost every race as time commitments let me do.
Todays race in the "hell of the north" Paris-Roubaix was great. Boonen was the clever one only taking much much shorter relays (about 1/2 or 1/3) as Ballan and Cancellara. And everyone knew when they come to the velodrome he'd be the winner.
I really enjoy the commentating by Anthony and Brian or Martin when both are unavailable, much better then those of german television or eurosport. They really know how to commentate such a thing.

This thread is to find the cycling fans in the lfs-community and maybe point to cycling.tv if they didnt already know.
Maybe have some chat about the actual races here.
I'm a cyclist to a certain extent, but to be honest, I find watching cycling rather boring. I have massive respect for what those guys are doing out there, but the show just doesn't grab me. I'd rather be riding myself.
Quote from Speedy Pro :I have massive respect for what those guys are doing out there

After all these doping scandals?
Quote from deggis :After all these doping scandals?

Doping or no doping, the amount of physical effort that goes into racing for hours on end on a bike (especially on climbs) is really quite incredible. It takes enormous commitment and dedication to pursue that for a living, and that deserves respect in my book.

Make no mistake, I don't applaud doping at all, but if that's the name of the game these days, if you're a competitive racer you pretty much have no choice but to do it.
I'll have to check this out.

I'm a big cycling fan, both mountain bike and road.

I just rode the MS150 from Houston to Austin this weekend, roughly 80miles in the saddle for two days...my bum hurts!
#6 - Nobo
They definately have some problems in cycling atm. Not only the doping problem also the whole structure and the fight between ASO and UCI.
The problem in germany is even worse where most of the bigger races get cancelled or are about to get cancelled. For example the "Lotto-Tour" (Niedersachsenrundfahrt) which used to finish in my town and was really popular got cancelled . Cyclist like Alessandro Petacchi used to cycle here...now they are riding in turkey :/
I hope in the future they are trying to control and punish harder as they do now, even though cyclist get controlled way more often then 99% of other pro athletes.

Next week the "Tour of Georgia" is taking place an the 4th stage an ITT is taking place on the race track of "Road Atlanta" looking forward to watch that on Cycling.tv

Cycling.tv
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG