The online racing simulator
LFS European Karting Event
(31 posts, started )
LFS European Karting Event 2008
Hi dudes.

As ya already read probably i wanted to do a Swiss Karting Event but since we ain't big country and number of Swiss LFS Players visiting Forum more than 1 time a year is very small.

So i decided to do a European Karting Event. i don't know yet where, probably i'll make a poll about the possibilities. It will take part in Germany or in France (depends on where the number of ppl wanting to join is bigger).

As already mentioned in the Swiss Event thread it will be possible that i'll take up to three guys with me out of Switzerland. (to share costs for the gas and to get some fun on the road :P)

People which are interested please submit here your name. I'll make a list and we will see if we need a own webpage to do it properly etc etc.

Event Info
The venue:
The track:
The karts:
The event: There will be teams of three. The Event will start with about 30 minutes of practise per team, after that a 30 minute qualify followed by a 60 minutes race.

There will be trophies for the best three racers and surely for the best three teams.

Date: Somewhere after the EM 2008 (somewhere in July @ Saturday)
Price: Not yet known as we don't know on which track it will take part.

Confirmed attendees:

eight8acht, Frédéric Frey

---------------

Interested members:

NitroNitrous
Krutch
traxxion
Noccy (and probably friends)
slimjim8201
three_jump
XmaX
Nobo
danowat

Track Poll

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=41834
nobody interested in that? okay probably i should post this in the german LFS forum and in the french one.
http://www.planet-kart.de/ in Mannheim is a good location. It's indoor and we've had several karting meetings there. The booking costs are quite low compared to other locations, about 30 euro per driver for 1 hour.
I am in Germany in either June/July, at the Nurburgring, there is a karting centre there......
I´d love to go, but I don´t know if I could until few days before
I maybe would join if I can combine it with a visit to some friends in southern Germany. So yes I'm interested, but I can't say for sure if I will attend yet. Keep me informed!
Karting? I might be interested.
If it's reasonably close to the Belgian border i might come. Possibly with a friend or two.

Schumachers karting in Kerpen has fun karts and a technical track. They have outdoor too but never had the chance to drive on it.
http://www.michaelschumacher-k ... .de/de/indoor/strecke.php

The ring is ok too, maybe it could even be a meeting where we putter around the ring in the morning ,eat somethng and then go karting in the afternoon?
I would happily take pillions round the ring, for those brave enough
I'd love to join you guys Karting. I'm new to Germany and have no idea where anything is though....
1. Yeah if we would go to the karting centre near the ring it would be cool to have a cruise on it in the morning and then eat something and go to the karting afterwards. We will see where we will have the karting and how many ppl we are. I'll make a poll now.

2. @slimjim8201 where do you life exactly now? we will post a map as soon as we know where the event will taking part.
Hey, I moved to Giessen about two months ago. I'm still learning my way around. I haven't been able to find any tracks in the vicinity however. The Nurburgring is only 2 hours away though.

I would absolutely be down for a karting event or karting weekend. Would be a great chance to meet some more people in Europe and frankly, I love karting. I was a Formula SAE driver back in college for Virginia Tech. Think MRT but faster.
They do a great currywurst in the ring museam resturant!!!
depends on the date
the date will be on a Saturday in July :P more i can tell ya as soon as i get more subrscriptons and we have the track we wanna go to. But atm it looks like we would be going to Nurburgring in the morning and after eating a curry wurst we will go karting
#18 - XmaX
#19 - Nobo
well sounds good, depends on the place and the people who are coming (already see some nice guys interested ). But there are a lot of "depends" and "ifs" on my side yet. Saturday in july sounds good though

I have to fill the tank a bit more then 1 time for the way to nurburgring and back (same for Karslruhe or Mannheim), that would be affordable if there are others from my region who'd go there, i'll have to propose that to my team.
We don't know yet. The problem is we first have to get the track we wanna have the event on. Then we will surely use the race karts if possible.
#21 - XmaX
Ehm. I heared that on Nürburgring only Super Karts and Hirth can Racing and you need a Member of HSC or an special invition to this Track

Greets
#22 - XmaX
Yeah surei can read German as am Swiss but we don't want to race actually with karts on the Nurburgring. We want to race with our own cars in the morning and after the lunch we will go to the kart-center near the Nurburgring and there we will go karting

Added you onto the list.

btw. added some kart informations on the poll. so you can compare it better.
#24 - XmaX
ahh ok.... Thats a Problem for me and have only kart :P
I dont read good -.-
ah you own yourself a kart? no problem i dont think all will come onto the Nurburg Ring. Some will just come as spectators or as co-pilot. You can join us at lunch or afterwards at karting track :P

LFS European Karting Event
(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG