The online racing simulator
LFS.net and Firefox 1.0.7
(21 posts, started )
i dont really know why, and not sure if anyone else is having this problem, but it seems as though no matter what i try, firefox wont remember my password for lfs.net

well, it does remember a password, but its definetly not the right one, i've tried deleting the cookies, removed the password from firefox's saved passwords list, but it still makes my password a jumble of numbers and letters, and the weird thing is.. when i logout and then back in, after i put my password in, once i hit login, the password changes back again to .. whatever those numbers and letters are, any suggestions?
just installed 1.5, kinda mad it didnt save the way i had it set up... anyways, its still doing the same thing :S
Delete all your cookies?

(Or view the cookies individually and delete all the ones named 'liveforspeed.net')
Firefox always shows less 'blobs' in the password fields that my passwords actually have. Yet they seem to work, so I imagine it just displays a few blobs to indicate a password has been remembered.

Do the 'remembered' passwords actually work?
Quote from XCNuse :but it still makes my password a jumble of numbers and letters, and the weird thing is.. when i logout and then back in, after i put my password in, once i hit login, the password changes back again to .. whatever those numbers and letters are, any suggestions?

Oh you are using that password memory thing.... I suggest don't use that at all.....
That bugs me soo much:gnasher:
#7 - ORION
Its not a bug, its a feature.
Vic saves the md5()-ed password into the form again, so that the browser saves the md5 version, and not the clear text one. If you then try to login again with the saved form value, you get the md5 routine twice, and thus a wrong password...

You shouldnt use that password saving anyways... leave your notebook unattended for one minute, and someone has bought a house with your ebay account..
#8 - filur
This trickery does not fool Opera. :lovies3d:
filur == spam
Quote from Zipppy :That bugs me soo much:gnasher:

besides pulling up a year old thread, im going to thank you for using the search feature!
Quote from XCNuse :besides pulling up a year old thread, im going to thank you for using the search feature!

That made me LOL
works fine for me. I use Firefox 2.0.0.1
Quote from Citywidemicke :works fine for me. I use Firefox 2.0.0.1

Same here.
btw: Why are you still using 1.0.7? Is there something better / have I missed something? =)
Maybe some extensions or themes that dont work in the newer versions
Quote from ORION :Maybe some extensions or themes that dont work in the newer versions

That shouldn't be the problem. Version 2.0.0 is now out for more than a month and most if not all extensions should now be available
Quote from The General Lee :Use IE 7

LOL!!!

Print all your passwords and logins in 1m high font and stick it onto the times square?
Quote from XCNuse :besides pulling up a year old thread, im going to thank you for using the search feature!

my bad I keep on thinking it is still 2006! :banghead:
Well, thanks for digging this up, now I know what's up with my firefox (2...). But the weird thing is, my password is saved as the correct one, not that code someone mentioned, so why does it still get transformed?
Quote from XCNuse :i dont really know why, and not sure if anyone else is having this problem, but it seems as though no matter what i try, firefox wont remember my password for lfs.net

well, it does remember a password, but its definetly not the right one, i've tried deleting the cookies, removed the password from firefox's saved passwords list, but it still makes my password a jumble of numbers and letters, and the weird thing is.. when i logout and then back in, after i put my password in, once i hit login, the password changes back again to .. whatever those numbers and letters are, any suggestions?

It works without problems at me...
Quote from sgt.flippy :Well, thanks for digging this up, now I know what's up with my firefox (2...). But the weird thing is, my password is saved as the correct one, not that code someone mentioned, so why does it still get transformed?

I got this problem since I unlocked S2

(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG