The online racing simulator
rev limiter
(198 posts, started )
Quote from D-Kid :man, i really love this rev limit program..

here's a suggestion i've been thinking as an upgrade for this limiter..

y dont we use the shift light as the indicator..wut i mean is this

-u rev up to d max...shift light turns on, engine dies
-when shift light turns off, engine starts

the program uses the shift light to indicate when to pres the ignition button..therefore there wouldn't b any mis-sync and sudden engine stall..

can sum 1 do this? i really want to c how it goes...i'm expecting fast rev bbounce LOL...my engine always stalls if i put the delay below 32...

sorry 4 my english...
anyone can do dis? would b great...

Wouldn't change anything, the problem is knowing if the ignition is on or off, i.e. knowing if LFS caught the keystroke, not the triggering event itself. The only reliable way would be to directly manipulate the game's memory.
Awesome work, with rev limiter and LFS tweak this is awesome.
can someone help me set this thing up ? ive changed the values in the cfg file but it still doesnt work ive been tryin to do this for neally and hour its really p***ing me off
Quote from puddin2k8 :can someone help me set this thing up ? ive changed the values in the cfg file but it still doesnt work ive been tryin to do this for neally and hour its really p***ing me off

just looked at the cfg file it wont save when i change the values ?
ive clicked save as but it still wont do it
sweet nice man keep it up
I got another bug. I've installed the latest .NET framework, but i still get it. I already know about it turning the car off sometimes. im not too bothered about that. What does annoy me, is it changes my wheel settings. For example. I drive with 900 degrees on the road cars. Sometimes, if the mod turns my car off, and i turn the car back on, my settings goto 180 degrees. To put it back to 900, i have to go back to my profiler, change it to one value, then back to 900, then it works again until the car turns itself off.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :I got another bug. I've installed the latest .NET framework, but i still get it. I already know about it turning the car off sometimes. im not too bothered about that. What does annoy me, is it changes my wheel settings. For example. I drive with 900 degrees on the road cars. Sometimes, if the mod turns my car off, and i turn the car back on, my settings goto 180 degrees. To put it back to 900, i have to go back to my profiler, change it to one value, then back to 900, then it works again until the car turns itself off.

It doesn't, what it does is take the focus off of LFS so the profiler switches back to the default profile (= global controller settings). Minimizing it could help, if not, just set the global settings to your LFS ones
hi everyone, I'm following this thread since the first time and first of all, congratulations Tommy u are doing a great job.

Now.. Tommy can u help me in one thing? I'm developing a out gauge with parallel port and tachometer but the game values i get isn't refresh or precisely and i see that in 0.9 version of revlimiter u finaly put the rpm values in the label refresh and at time. how u do that? of course, if u are avaliable to teach me. May be send me the source or a tip or something like that.

By the way I'm trying to help u guys with revlimiter, making a logic statement, that when the rpm cross down the rpm limiter value and the foot gas of my wheel are pressed and the motor doesnt answer the program send a extra key "i" to turn on the motor again, but i doesnt work prety much cos i'm using a logitech dfp with a homemade 8 gearbox and when the gearbox is activated by virtual sendkeys and some times its was 5 or 6 keys press at same time. soo.. I ll continue trying :P

Sorry my bad english, I'm portuguese x) hehehe

see u people ,

Hugo Azevedo
Im using an already made .net library that handles the outgauge - works perfectly

There are no event handlings just very fast refreshes using timer thingie.
When I get back home I will send you sources to speed up your project a little
Quote from Tommy :Im using an already made .net library that handles the outgauge - works perfectly

There are no event handlings just very fast refreshes using timer thingie.
When I get back home I will send you sources to speed up your project a little

thanks Tommy!
subscribed just incase it doesn't work
Rev limiter wont work with the new test patch
it depends the way it's built, isn't it?

if the program read the car name from insim it should work as usual, if instead it has a list of cars it could work with all but Scirocco or not work at all
It will work properly - every car name and settings are stored in a HashSet which key is car name given from the outgauge library directly (in worst case scenario settings will be lost).
If not i will write some quick patch
what did I get with Z15? blue SCREEN OF DEATH EVERY TIME!

F THAT
hi all.

my problem program running but, no matches with lfs.The indicator was on the 8800 rpm hearing "bip" sound.The sound was the same of this(D:\ProgramFiles\LFS\data\sound\InvalidKey.waw) sound.

Please tommy and members of lfsforum , help me !

so understand download to "Deneme.spr" and inside "D:\ProgramFiles\LFS\data\spr" to locate and watching in game and "right click>run as>LFS.exe"

already thank you all and sorry for my english..
Attached files
Deneme.spr - 3.7 KB - 392 views
Check if "ignition" is bind to "i" key in options. Program sends "i" key strokes and those may be not interpreted corectly by lfs.
Haahahhaha tommy i love you man you are number one i'm verry happy and thank you veeeeerry veeeerryyy much
Would it be possible to add like a "launch control" type feature. Basically two different rev limiters. Say your car launches best at 3600 RPM, you'd hold down a button on your wheel, and it would temporally drop the rev limit to 3600, and when you launch, you just let off the button
works great
z15 rev limiter would be nice to have
Quote from robbielayton :z15 rev limiter would be nice to have

It emulates key strokes, it works with every LFS version featuring OutGauge, which includes Z15 and all versions to come.
Rev limiter not working properly!!
I really want this program working. My problem is that when I run everything properly the rev limter window shows the rpm but when it comes to cut off the ignition displays "engine off" but it doesn't come on agian so the engine goes to 0rpm. I tried all the delay slide from 50 to 5 but no difference. Could be the patch i'm using? I'm using patch Z25.Thanks for help.
pc specs?

rev limiter
(198 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG