The online racing simulator
New Great Simulation Games
(133 posts, started )
Quote from Kdovi :CRC 2005 was pretty good tbh. (and it's not only my opinion)

hmm imo it handled to easy and a crash now and then and that was about it
What is the Best Superbike simulator? I figured it would be nice for it to be up there.
GP Bikes I imagine.
Quote from Scrabby :hmm imo it handled to easy and a crash now and then and that was about it

Yes, It's easy wannabe simulation, but it was pretty good fun to play for few hours
I would rate it average or good.

Quote from RE Amemiya :What is the Best Superbike simulator? I figured it would be nice for it to be up there.

SBK 2001 (EA Sports)
thanks for telling me baout those bke sims guys.
One more for horrible: NFSUG2 cars are too responsive, not even comparable to real life. there are no police. and the under-glow is too bright.
Quote from Kdovi :SBK 2001 (EA Sports)

You are having a laugh right? All of the EA SBK games were pretty shoddy, would only really call them arcade racers TBF.

THQ's MotoGP games weren't that bad, few niggles here and there but it was good fun. The recent ones haven't changed much apart from new bikes/liveries and the tacky 'Extreme' mode.

Another really shoddy bike game is Superbike Challenge. Not a bad selection of bikes, but the whole game was just naff.

GPBikes is looking to be the best bet for a sim, it's still in it's early stages at the moment, but good thing could come from it in time.
Quote from danowat :GP Bikes I imagine.

x1000000000000000

I love GPbikes, its miles ahead of SBK08 and all those so called "sims".
Quote from Jamesisinthehouse12 :not really... it is always being updated like live for speed, the latest update was on the 17-07-08!!!! - OH NICE THANKS A NEW VERSON HAS JUST BEEN RELEASED lol... thanks for making me go back to the site

Anyway... so technically it is a 2008 game now

so you are saying NR2003 isn't as good as ASR?
Make your point a bit more clear next time

To me, ASR is bad,and is no where near as good as NR2003. NR2003, as well as GPL, deserve to be in the "awesome" category. Both might not be new, but besides LFS, RBR, and iRacing, there isn't many "new" sims to even look at.

Actually, just make a new "legendary" category for GPL, because it deserves its own (new or not).
Quote from Intrepid :http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=X8p_04gYZiU

Farmer Simulator

please

^^ Nakkitartsani's favorite sim.
Quote from beefyman666 :You are having a laugh right?

No, seriously. SBK 2001 with all helps disabled is one of the best sims when it comes to superbikes on real circuits (afaik you could drive superbikes in MotoGP only on weird city tracks). Yeah, of course, GPBikes is going to be the best but it's in VERY early stage of development.
And yes, again, not only my opinion
NASCAR 2008 in the 'Truly Awful' category.
Bike Sims (in order of level of realism):

1. (tie) GP-Bikes (PC)
1. (tie) TT Superbikes (PS2)
1. (tie) MX Simulator (PC)
4. Superbike 2001 (PC)
5. GP500 (PC)
6. MotoGP by Namco (PS2)
7. Super-Bikes Riding Challenge (PC)
8. MotoGP by THQ (PC and xbox)

I have yet to try netBike or SBK08. I would expect SBK08 to be much the same as SBRC, though.
-
(Kdovi) DELETED by Kdovi
Kart Attack

Don't know tbh if its meant to be a sim, it comes from the people that did GT Legends, so maybe it is?
Bike Simulations added!
I finally got around to adding/moving the the Bike Simulators to the thread, now just for the ratings

Quote from Jamesisinthehouse12 :BIKE SIMULATIONS

THE BEST BIKE SIMULATOR (00/00/0000):

AWESOME:

VERY GOOD:
MX Simulator - Review (PC)

GOOD:

BAD:

HORRIBLE:

TO BE RATED:
GPBikes (PC)
TT Superbikes (PS2)
Superbike 2001 (PC) - Main Site Not Found
GP500 (PC) - Main Site Not Found
MotoGP (PSP)
Super-Bikes Riding Challenge (PC)
netBike (PC/Xbox) - No Links Found
SBK08 (PC/Xbox)

Enjoy Your Games!!!

Ferrari challenge is "good"

MotoGP 08 for xbox is "good" to "very good", Superbike 2008 is "good"
Updated
Updated.
I'm trying and failing to find some consistency in these ratings. What are the criteria? If two people disagree on which is a better bike sim, who wins and why? What is the basis of this?
Quote from Dajmin :Are we only doing PC sims here? Because allowing other platforms opens up a whole load of extra options

Richard Burns Rally (PC/Xbox/PS2)

Simply the finest rally sim there is. Bar none.

The Good
+ Car behaves how you'd expect it to under the conditions
+ Lots of weather effects
+ A decent damage model
+ Plenty of setup options
+ Decent tutorial introduction
+ Easly moddable, plenty of cars, other lanuange pacenotes, real sound etc. can be found from internet
+ You are able to get all type of cars, rwd, fwd, 4wd

The Bad
- Can be f*cking hard!
- No chance of a sequel
- Could be confusing for a total noob or even for a expierenced racer
- Not many cars

these are what i would be adding to your rate
Who decided that Ferrari Challenge was "Good"? My opinion of it is bad, because i bought it, raced a lap, took it back to the shop for a refund
It was no Arcade/Dreamcast Ferrari Challenge, thats for sure.
I dont know if this has been said before, but Realflight G4 is not a car simulator. Its a r/c simulator.

And a very good one at that.
a flight r/c sim... =/
Quote from BlakjeKaas :a flight r/c sim... =/

Same thing in my world.

But saying r/c sim is alot closer to the truth then car simulator :P
Quote from Migz :I dont know if this has been said before, but Realflight G4 is not a car simulator. Its a r/c simulator.

And a very good one at that.

updated.
Quote from SamH :I'm trying and failing to find some consistency in these ratings.

Face it Sam, this guide is worthless. The ratings are all over the place, certain sims are missing (where's the legendary nascar 2003? or even GPL for that matter, which got a makeover in 2004 and still has a lot of players and new tracks being made for it, including the 44mile Targa Flori which is coming soon.) Just because a sim is a few years old doesnt suddenly make it irrelevant. I see SBK 2001 is awaiting a ranking, so why not NASCAR 03 and GPL?

We have Arca sim racing ranked far too high by anybodys standards and Kartsim seems to have been ranked without even being released.

Flightsim X is totally overrated. Graphically its better by default than FS9, but the general consensus is its been dumbed down and moved even further away from simulation than FS9. With all it's faults, FS9 is still the superior simulator, yet doesnt even get a mention.

Personally speaking X-Plane and FS9 should be in the awesome catagory and FSX should be relegated to Very Good, and thats only because the of the bling factor.
-
(Chrisuu01) DELETED by Chrisuu01
Enthusia Proffecional racing
PS 2

This game is just one of the best console driving games ever in my opinion its one of the few sim titles that that deserves the name sim.
Click thbs to se the lap driven by myself!
Not that ndew but certainly great.
And SBK 2008 is horrible

New Great Simulation Games
(133 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG