The online racing simulator
Quote from Tweaker :Speaking of Cyberseat, they still haven't fixed the LFS site link on that page Scawen linked :doh: I told Fordman and he said they'd fix it. But thats been months.

I know I know, and I told them like a million times. Maybe Tristan, when you see Hugh and Glenn, give them a prod
btw, is Tristan snoring or farting in the night? We share hotel (not room) for a night, just want to be save.. I'll arrive friday mornign at Vienna and stay till saturday evening. cya there
Quote from Vykos69 :btw, is Tristan snoring or farting in the night? We share hotel (not room) for a night, just want to be save.. I'll arrive friday mornign at Vienna and stay till saturday evening. cya there

Well to be fair Vykos, no he doesn't. But what he does do is either ring you at 2am or knock on your door as he has no where to stay

And Tristan, keep Vykos away from the bottled Beer. Look at his Avator, it says it all
/me plans amusing event involving Vykos, bottled beer, a video camera and a cyberseat rig...

And even if I did fart/snore (like Fordie here) in my sleep, I doubt it'd be loud enough for you to hear it if you're not in the same room
Quote from tristancliffe :I doubt it'd be loud enough for you to hear it if you're not in the same room

IF
Big word...
Quote from tristancliffe :Big word...

for a small man
Quote from KiDCoDEa :IF

STFU, FAG!
Bad post reported :mad:

j/k, still <3 u all
a whine has been recorded
Tristan, what about getting an internet connection in the stand, and connect in live to servers with people racing online, not to race with them, just only to show the different kind of races (Normal races, Oval, drift,...) and what they will find if they join into the online community of this piece of art called Live For Speed.

Or at least, for the 3 days, save some .mpr of servers online with races and show them.

Good luck with this Show!!!

cya
Don't think we'll have an internet connection, so I can't do that.

And would people really be interested in seeing replays of races? Wouldn't people find that a bit dull and prefer to actually race? I mean I'm all for it, and if people have good replays that show off the best racing/drifting/whatever then post them here, and I'll take them with me. No promises about actually showing them though...
tristan, you are right with your presumption. People want to test the seat as much and as often they can. Showing replays on a show like this is not working and not interesting for the crowd. No need for that. Besides that the experience of the seat is the main interest, LFS comes second. So it actually would be annoying to be on a server then, wait for a race, or destroy a race and the onliners start calling them n00bs, even kick them...
Having select replays in a loop on a screen apart from the live game monitor/screen would work as apetizer.
I agree on that. Maybe if an extra screen is not available, just show replays during idle times when nobody wants to try it. Also, we need to use a track that is most graphically appealing, combined with a replay that atleast tries not to make the current physics shortcomings obvious. I know that LFS is absolutely not about graphics, but who else knows that on the show?

Lure them in with a good replay/appealing track, then blow their minds with the LFS physics

E: We also need to have skins on the cars. No matter if very colory or subtle, anything is better than plain color.
Quote from AndroidXP :show replays during idle times when nobody wants to try it

ldle times? You're kidding right? At MPH it was packed nearly constantly, and when it was 'empty' there were still a dozen people watching.

I plan on taking a few skins with me like my team skins, but most of the time people are going to be driving alone from inside the car, so skins aren't essential, just might look a bit better to show off the crazy accidents people have trying to do 120mph through T1 at blackwood.
Heh ok, I think we can scrap the idea of replays then (but maybe keep one handy as a backup, better safe than sorry). Yes of course they'll be racing from inside the car, but should there ever be a replay shown, or just the outside view used, every car should be skinned.

Next question: track will be Blackwood only? What car(s) will be used?
Quote from Breizh :Having select replays in a loop on a screen apart from the live game monitor/screen would work as apetizer.

Yes that's what im talking about, i know that the ppl wants to try the seat and the wheel, and of course dont try to connect to a server and pretend that the newbbies race against the regular racers, that will cause bans.

What i meant is something like you could say "If you buy this product you could be driving in a race like this with many other drivers..."

A as i know in my experience in stands and shows, normaly you dont have an internet connection there, so then that's why i said to show .mpr replays, where you can save the chat too and it seems like you were connected but without an internet connection.
thats no bad post. i love it. if the ppl involved dont report anything why should 3rd ppl report? it wasnt directed at you, then just ignore it, please
was just a friendly tease. no harm involved, and no whales hurt due to these posts.
he only "plays" coz he knows he can play with me. i only played coz i knew i could play, and touch that homo nerve.
bottomline, tristan announced he will do "amusing things" with vykos, so we'll prolly get a new anim gif avatar by the end of the week. maybe the tongue will still be featured, i dunno, all i know is that we are eagerly waiting and so is the hotel managment webcams.

/me runs
Quote from KiDCoDEa :...

Ok, three easy steps to solve this dilemma
  1. Go back to my "report" post
  2. Click and hold "S3 licensed" in my sig (or if you don't display sigs, click somewhere in Breizh's post)
  3. Move the mouse pointer to the :mad: emoticon
Mystery solved.
Quote from AndroidXP :Heh ok, I think we can scrap the idea of replays then (but maybe keep one handy as a backup, better safe than sorry). Yes of course they'll be racing from inside the car, but should there ever be a replay shown, or just the outside view used, every car should be skinned.

Next question: track will be Blackwood only? What car(s) will be used?

To get newbies into the car it is always best to use gti on BL. BL has everything you need to show to a newbie. straights, different turns, chicane, nice looking scenery etc. Skins wont be a prob too, and as experience tells us, everyone who wants a faster car gets it for one turn (yeah talking about wall in t1 here :P ).

About idle times: At GC2005 the cyberseat booth was smaller and at the side of the wall, while the force dynamics stood more in the middle with GTL on it. There were always more people wanting to have a go on the cyberseat.... :hint:

Eh Android, better look for smilies next time, huh?
Quote from tristancliffe :ldle times? You're kidding right? At MPH it was packed nearly constantly, and when it was 'empty' there were still a dozen people watching.

I plan on taking a few skins with me like my team skins, but most of the time people are going to be driving alone from inside the car, so skins aren't essential, just might look a bit better to show off the crazy accidents people have trying to do 120mph through T1 at blackwood.

And no playing with the default skins Tristan. Although I won't be there, my cars will be
Quote from AndroidXP :Ok, three easy steps to solve this dilemma
  1. Go back to my "report" post
  2. Click and hold "S3 licensed" in my sig (or if you don't display sigs, click somewhere in Breizh's post)
  3. Move the mouse pointer to the :mad: emoticon
Mystery solved.

heheh thats fun and all, but if you are deceiving users, by posting hidden subliminar msges, then why do u bother after people reply to you, deceived (just as you wanted).
its no mistery we all post in english so we can understand each other, lets not defeat that main aim
so, how about i slap uo hard and we call it even?
anyway, nice trick
Quote from Vykos69 :To get newbies into the car it is always best to use gti on BL. BL has everything you need to show to a newbie. straights, different turns, chicane, nice looking scenery etc. Skins wont be a prob too, and as experience tells us, everyone who wants a faster car gets it for one turn (yeah talking about wall in t1 here :P ).

I'd say please don't use Blackwood. It has great scenery but on the other hand (at least for me) it's the most "fantasy-looking" track. Maybe you should use different track (and car?) combo every day.

And the the extra monitor idea would be very good to get on. As we all know one of the best parts in LFS is that how real it looks from the outside. Just get some league replays. Or playback some racing movies (without sound/music, so the legal problems are solved and you don't need to edit them ), you just need to contact the authors.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG