The online racing simulator
g25 shifter lever length
(18 posts, started )
g25 shifter lever extension?
anyone know of a way to make the shifter lever on the g25 longer? i recently got a playseats set with the shifter holder and it seems that i've always got one hand on the shifter.

doesn't have to be super long, maybe an inch and a half? something perhaps that can get screwed into the existing lever with a threaded hole on the other end for the ball?
this guy has the right idea... if only i had access to a workshop where i could play with metal...
Send me a design with threads rates and dimensions and I'll turn it into a real thing for you for free (although I'd like a bit of help with the postage). I'm guessing (as I'm not taking my G25 to bits ) an aluminium extension with a male thread at one end and a female at the other would just screw on between the lever and the knob. I could knock one up in about 2 minutes for you (including polishing).
here's a cheap drawing.

the shaft has a notch on the end of it, to prevent the ball from being put on backwards. sorry for the metric value on the notch, my tape measure doesn't count smaller than eights of an inch.

edit: screw size, 3/8" length, 1/8" OD, one thread about 12 revolutions... (sorry i don't know how to measure screws heh)
Attached images
shaft.jpg
Hmmmm, that doesn't look much like I was expecting it... Attached is a quick drawing of what I think you've asked for... But I'm sure it's wrong.

Perhaps a few photos (even poor quality ones) with some notes scribbled on them would help?
Attached images
G25.jpg
Quote from tristancliffe :Hmmmm, that doesn't look much like I was expecting it... Attached is a quick drawing of what I think you've asked for... But I'm sure it's wrong.

Perhaps a few photos (even poor quality ones) with some notes scribbled on them would help?

probably more like it all right
Quote from tristancliffe :Hmmmm, that doesn't look much like I was expecting it... Attached is a quick drawing of what I think you've asked for... But I'm sure it's wrong.

threads are inverted. the top is a recessed hole, the bottom would be the end with threads.

edit, and it's too thick... i think i meant circumference, not "outside diameter" ... god what was i thinking last night hehe
I see.

Version 2. The difficult bit is making it attach at the correct orientation - If I can find an M4x50 screw then I'd be laughing... Or I can make it just screw on, but then the markings on the knob might be pointing in the wrong direction (but this would be really easy to make).
Attached images
G25.jpg
that's starting to look right... but i'd leave that notch on the bottom off, or else we wouldn't be able to screw it onto the existing lever.

(unless you plan on attaching it with one LONG screw heh)
That's what I meant in my last post. I can either use a long screw and have the bit that engages with the notch - this will ensure your knob lines up correctly. Or I can make it without the notchy bit, and chances are it won't line up properly.

Your call...
if you can find screws long enough, i think that would probably be best.

thanks again for all your help, just think, you could make a living selling these things.
I'll see what I can find in terms of screws. If not you'll just have to live with a knob that isn't perfectly orientated

I somehow doubt I'll make a living from this. Especially as I said I'd do it FOC.
doesn't mean people wouldn't pay to get one... even if all you asked for was shipping, i'd still pitch in a few bucks to compensate for you time/work.
I like the way Blunder keeps saying his knob is to small lol, oj mate, good job you can spell knob though and don't put nob

Good idea on lengthening your knob on your shifter but why not try and modidy the shifter plate on your seat to raise it up, might be easier to do.
Quote from sam93 :I like the way Blunder keeps saying his knob is to small lol, oj mate, good job you can spell knob though and don't put nob

Good idea on lengthening your knob on your shifter but why not try and modidy the shifter plate on your seat to raise it up, might be easier to do.

i don't have a welder, or any scrap metal... not that i would know how to weld.

edit: for most people the shifter is probably at a decent position, but i have bi-lateral elbow flexion contractures, which means i can't straighten my arms.
Quote from bunder9999 :i don't have a welder, or any scrap metal... not that i would know how to weld.

edit: for most people the shifter is probably at a decent position, but i have bi-lateral elbow flexion contractures, which means i can't straighten my arms.

Oh sorry mate I didn't know that.

You wouldn't have to use a welder, just a drill and another piece of tubing with two nuts and bolts. Ally or steel tube would proberly be best to use.
Bit Like this: Don't know if it would work as I don't know how to shifter plate is attached to the seat but it could work and if it is different and thought you was capable of making this just modify it slightly so it does work. Sorry about the drawing, it's a quick paint jobby
Attached images
Idea.JPG
the way the chair is bolted together, that wouldn't work. besides, i don't want to start hacking up the chair, i just bought it... i'll stick with the shaft extension.
Quote from bunder9999 :the way the chair is bolted together, that wouldn't work. besides, i don't want to start hacking up the chair, i just bought it... i'll stick with the shaft extension.

Fair enough, just an idea.

g25 shifter lever length
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG