The online racing simulator
Overclocking 7600GT
(8 posts, started )
Overclocking 7600GT
Hi,

I've seen a few peeps on the net oc'ing these cards and they seemed to gain a lot. I got ATi Tool 0.26 and gave it a go. I first did 'Find Max Core' which got me to 556.00MHz. Originaly, it was 400MHz so I tought it was a good gain. Then I tried to 'Find Max Mem' which was at 300MHz but for some reason it just bugged and I had to reboot.

My GFX is a Evga 7600GT 512mb (A kind of modifed 7600GT so I dont know if the clocks are the same then a 256mb 7600GT)

Any idea on how I can find the optimum settings (if they arent already the best I can) for my GFX??
sounds like to much overclock on gpu
try turning both up a little at at time rather than finding max gpu ,then max mem
I use Rivatuner. The proposed optimum settings as well will result in graphics glitches and PC hang up´s, like you describe. The proposed Gmem is too high. Reduce it. Better: Start OC slowly and manually. GPU and GMEM. It will take you some time to find your perfect max. OC.

On the other hand. OC a 7600GT 512mb for LFS? For LFS I use a GF 6800 and play it without any troubles and will never risk a BSD or PC restart because I OC´ed my graphics cars for a few FPS more.
dunno but it seems appropriate
Well right now I'm testing Core/Mem at 500/330 (It was at 400/300) and it seems to be fine so far. Is there a reason why I cant overclock the Memory a lot compared to the clock? On the net everyone seems to have their 7600GTT 256mb at 700Mhz Memeroy clocks when I can barely touch 335 without crashing.

R.Kolz: I know but its not 'for LFS'. I just want to have a better GFX in general and anyway a littel overclock shouldn't scrap it.

My computer reboot when I go too hgih so there's not a big risk in my opinion.
your 512M model might not have as fast mem as the 256M model. they usualy put cheaper mem on cards with more mem to cut back at cost. look on the mem chips, what does it say? usualy the last digit is the nanoseconds that the chip is rated at. that would tell you how fast it can go. also since you say it hangs very fast, look if you can do a voltage mod or something. if it was a heat issue it would take slightly more than a single second to go kablooie. plus, it almost never hangs due to heat issues... you will first see artifacts.

you will see a slight performance increase when you hit 600 core, if you manage that... integral ratio with mem is good. at least it was back then with my 5700le. in fact, i got slightly better results in some circumstances downclocking from 225/400 to 200/400. of course, i could be pooping you, my memory is faulty. i will try it sometime tho.
Quote from george_tsiros :your 512M model might not have as fast mem as the 256M model. they usualy put cheaper mem on cards with more mem to cut back at cost. look on the mem chips, what does it say?

The chip is G73GT, does that mean that the max Memory speed I'll be able to overclock will stay in the 300s?

Quote from george_tsiros :you will see a slight performance increase when you hit 600 core, if you manage that... integral ratio with mem is good.

Well right now my Core Clock is at 540MHz and I'll still trying to see how far I can get it to. But I doubt I will be able to get more than 330-340 for the Memory Clock.

Right now I'm getting 79 degree under load. Is that ok for a GFX with the integrated fan and only one case fan?? :/

Thanks for the quick replie.
Quote from Riders Motion :Well right now I'm testing Core/Mem at 500/330 (It was at 400/300) and it seems to be fine so far. Is there a reason why I cant overclock the Memory a lot compared to the clock? On the net everyone seems to have their 7600GTT 256mb at 700Mhz Memeroy clocks when I can barely touch 335 without crashing.

Maybe there quoting DDR memory (x 2 )
In tray tools option to 'show as DDR'

Overclocking 7600GT
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG