The online racing simulator
Quote from Klutch :I think anyone would be anxious when they've finally gotten there best friend, of whom they've been chasing for almost...3...years?

WE are in control of the situation. I'm not a controlling douchebag, shes her own person.

Sure, I feel for you, because I've been in a similar situation. It's really a torture to see her with another guy, and then it's even harder to not keep your hopes too high when she becomes single.

By control I mean leading (which not equals to dictating), and being well able to opt-out.
going in to a relation with an option to easily opt-out seems like no intention to stay in that relationship in the first place
Quote from detail :Sure, I feel for you, because I've been in a similar situation. It's really a torture to see her with another guy, and then it's even harder to not keep your hopes too high when she becomes single.

errr. what?
You haven't even read the whole situation before you decided to stick your nose in and start claiming shit?

I'm with her, she left her bf for me.
-
(brandons48) DELETED by brandons48
Quote from Klutch :errr. what?
You haven't even read the whole situation before you decided to stick your nose in and start claiming shit?

I'm with her, she left her bf for me.

I know well that you're with her and I had read the previous pages. Learn better manners and good luck.
No, i just have no time for people talking about things they (clearly) know nothing about.
BIG POST TIME.

Quote from Klutch :Also since this is a "Post your girlfriend" thread, not a "post your relationship in great depth" thread.

shes a little plain in the peircing department due to work, but that will change soon.
Only one she has is tongue at the moment.
But she has two tats :3

inb4trollololols

Facebook hoe. She's cute but it's irrelevant..and it's hard to type when your font is invisible.

Quote from Jakg :Or, alternatively you could look further afield than your local Maccy D's for a girl.

Seriously, where the **** do you get this shit?

Seriously, where the **** do you get that shit? I've never dated a girl at McDonalds but seriously you're casting generalisations about people based upon where they work and not based upon the person at all. You work(ed?) at PC World, where the people there are so stupid I asked for a self powered USB hub and they looked at me blankly and then had to ask their supervisor.

Quote from jibber :He makes blatant generalizations. What he wrote may apply to the folks you meet at some parties, but otherwise... way off.

I don't go to parties, if you knew so much about me as you make out that you do, then you'd know this. I wouldn't date a girl I met at a party...I did but that was different as it was a like 10 year olds birthday. At a club or something for people our ages, I wouldn't.

Quote :And to say things like it takes a certain age to be mature, know what you want etc. Let me tell you, age has nothing to do with it. A lot of people i know who are well over 30 still don't know what they want in their lives. 21, yeah right...

Please, as I said I was making a broad line in the sand. When I was 17 I started dating the afforementioned girl I met at this birthday party. She was 14 but I didn't know this until about 6 months later. She was so worried that I would leave her because of it, but I didn't and it didn't matter, because she was more mature than many people who were my age at the time.

Let's look at life further afield from relationships. By the time you're 21 (just a nice number between 18-25) if you don't have half a clue, career and relationship wise then by the time you hit 30 you'll still be working in a junior role and dating a different girl every month.

Quote :To be honest, these posts sound a lot like some of his posts in the "just do mushrooms" thread. Uninformed, misinformed and a bit "green behind the ears".

Uninformed? Sorry but I take offense to this. I have done drugs and been around people who have done them, so I am educated to speak. I have seen the devastating effects they do and I am not afraid to share them. If people take that as a bit "green behind the ears" or un/misinformed then I can only pity them.

Same for relationships, I've been in my fair share, not as many as others but then mine have probably been for longer than others (my shortest one was 11 months). I don't know everything but I know from seeing and speaking to friends, people and girls in general (as you do) that many of them don't even know what they want in a guy. I hear "it's fun until you actually get into a relationship and then I find out they're not who I wanted..." so go figure.

Quote from brandons48 :I agree with all of this, you can't just generalize all young people as baseball hat wearing knobheads.

Sorry but do you take offense? Stereotypes are stereotypes for a reason. I don't agree with stereotypes in most cases but there are some that are true. Most young men nowadays are the definition of chav. As with all things, some are and some aren't...but most are.

Quote :Same for reaching a certain age were you suddenly know exactly what you want - Some people like to plan their lives out and want to live to a plan.

Yup.

Quote :However I just go with the flow,

Which is what I do, but I like just like to have a destination that I reach. I don't mind so much how I get there, what matters most of all is that I reach my targets and goals.

Quote :at the moment I'd quite like to have a girlfriend which is why i've been working on a girl recently, we're getting on very well and we're both very open with eachother with our feelings and thoughts. We could talk about anything really.

Good luck with that. Not being sarcastic for a change.

By the way, I think Dan is the only person in this thread who REALLY UNDERSTANDS ME. :sadbanana He just gets what I'm trying to say.
Where are the pictures This isn't the 'Talk about girlfriends and girls - thread" is it?
I think most of you seem to post like this
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Let's look at life further afield from relationships. By the time you're 21 (just a nice number between 18-25) if you don't have half a clue, career and relationship wise then by the time you hit 30 you'll still be working in a junior role and dating a different girl every month.

Sorry but what the **** are you talking about?

When I was 21 I was living on a different continent, touring with a band, doing whatever the hell I wanted to do, having a total riot of a time and not thinking about the future in the slightest. When I was 30 I'd already been through one career path, started a new one, become self-employed, and been in a relationship with my current girlfriend for four years.

I'm 36 now and I still don't know what I want to do with my life.
I'm glad that life worked out well for your Kev but nowadays with the credit crunch and life generally being a little bit harder, I don't think peoplehave the chance to not have a career path or at least have a goal. I would love to do what you did but I simply can't.

For example, I didn't know what I wanted to do aside from something to do with IT...I lucked into one of the best IT Academys in the country, plus it didn't cost me a penny. Further from that I then managed to get a job with a small but quickly growing (and very profitable) value added distributer in the Network Security/VOIP solution sector.

Is that entirely the area I wanted to go in? No...but I'm growing into the position and even if I did want to change jobs, I haven't the fniancial security nor the savings to be unemployed. It's not just my future but that of my children that one day I shall have and the wife I one day will marry.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :...and the wife I one day will marry.

I heard Inouva is single.

To be serious. I'm kinda like you. Didn't know what to do besides IT, and joined an academy, and I'm now an trainee (internship) at a small, but quite big (in what they do) web developing company (We had 5 people at office, which is the record (that's how small it is)). Can't really follow this whole discussion btw, don't understand why it's all about, are you guys worried about having no girlfriend? Do you feel like you NEED to have one or you won't fit in? Sure I want one, but I surely don't worry about it currently... You're young, and you should let your school and education first IMO.
(I hope I make any sense at all, because I didn't read the discussion)
Quote from S14 DRIFT :I'm glad that life worked out well for your Kev but nowadays with the credit crunch and life generally being a little bit harder, I don't think peoplehave the chance to not have a career path or at least have a goal. I would love to do what you did but I simply can't.

For example, I didn't know what I wanted to do aside from something to do with IT...I lucked into one of the best IT Academys in the country

umm.......are you contradicting yourself there?

Anyways you can enjoy life and not have a goal/plan. It's working fine for me so far.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :I'm glad that life worked out well for your Kev but nowadays with the credit crunch and life generally being a little bit harder, I don't think peoplehave the chance to not have a career path or at least have a goal.

That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard, no offence.

Have fun living in your purgatory, I'm going to have fun with my life. Which, by the way, is entirely possible even in a "credit crunch." Contrary to what your teachers and parents may tell you, you don't need to lock down a career job in an office as soon as you get out of school to be successful. That's just not having the balls to forge to your own path and take risks... That's just playing it safe, that's not living at all.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Cool, so in 6 months (or less) she will do exactly the same to you.

LOOSE FOR KLUTCHY!

lol where's your female subject? other than your mother or pet?

LOOSE FOR S14 DRIFTY!
Quote from S14 DRIFT :I'm glad that life worked out well for your Kev but nowadays with the credit crunch and life generally being a little bit harder, I don't think peoplehave the chance to not have a career path or at least have a goal. I would love to do what you did but I simply can't.

Oh yeah life was a piece of piss when I was a kid. I grew up in one of the poorest families on my council estate, Thatcher had just resigned after 11 years as PM when I left school, she'd closed down all the industry in my bit of Yorkshire, the country was entering a recession, unemployment figures were actually higher than they are now despite the newly-introduced youth training schemes to keep the numbers down, yeah it was easy to just waltz into a job.

Once again you're arguing from a position of ignorance. When I left school in 1992 things were seriously ****ing grim in this country, and particularly in the north.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Once again you're arguing from a position of ignorance. When I left school in 1992 things were seriously ****ing grim in this country, and particularly in the north.

Well he wouldn't know anything, what with all the southern economy supported by the government and all.
Quote from Bose321 :I heard Inouva is single.

AWESOME LOL

Quote :To be serious. I'm kinda like you. Didn't know what to do besides IT, and joined an academy, and I'm now an trainee (internship) at a small, but quite big (in what they do) web developing company (We had 5 people at office, which is the record (that's how small it is))(I hope I make any sense at all, because I didn't read the discussion)

Good luck in that area my friend, there is alot of room for talented web developers with all of those shocking websites out there! Once fully qualified it's practically a job for life.

Quote from rich uk :umm.......are you contradicting yourself there?

Anyways you can enjoy life and not have a goal/plan. It's working fine for me so far.

Maybe a little contradictary I will admit, I mean I was lucky to get in becuase I was 18, almost 19, and the course is really for 16-18 year olds! I got my MCDST, MCP and A+ qualifications there, along with a Level 3 NVQ in IT. Without those I wouldn't have really gotten into any sort of support job.

I agree life can be more enjoyable without plans but I guess I'm just nervous of uncertainty, to a point.

Quote from MAGGOT :That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard, no offence.

None taken

Quote :Have fun living in your purgatory, I'm going to have fun with my life. Which, by the way, is entirely possible even in a "credit crunch." Contrary to what your teachers and parents may tell you, you don't need to lock down a career job in an office as soon as you get out of school to be successful. That's just not having the balls to forge to your own path and take risks... That's just playing it safe, that's not living at all.

I understand where you're coming from but it's nothing that my parents or teachers have told me... just because I'm young doesn't mean that I bow down to everything I think and do is because of them! I'm way past school (3 years infact) and never have been one for taking advice from my parents nor my teachers! I moved out when I was 18 and that is mainly why I can't afford to take risk...been self supportive of myself for over a year now! Oh the joys of life! ....

Quote from BlueFlame :lol where's your female subject? other than your mother or pet?

LOOSE FOR S14 DRIFTY!

I have a girlfriend. I do not feel a need to explain myself to you nor validate the existance of my girlfriend. I mean the whole "he he he what your mum or your cat he he he!" thing is very...childish.

Quote from thisnameistaken :Oh yeah life was a piece of piss when I was a kid. I grew up in one of the poorest families on my council estate, Thatcher had just resigned after 11 years as PM when I left school, she'd closed down all the industry in my bit of Yorkshire, the country was entering a recession, unemployment figures were actually higher than they are now despite the newly-introduced youth training schemes to keep the numbers down, yeah it was easy to just waltz into a job.

Point taken, though I presume you at least had a family to go back to if everything went back? If not then, well done for making the right choices while you were doing the things you did!

Quote from BlueFlame :Well he wouldn't know anything, what with all the southern economy supported by the government and all.

Yeah our economy is supported by the government, funny...that's why it took me 8 months to get into some sort of education in the field I wanted which eventually gave me a half decent job.

I haven't been through the whole benefits system and got completely ****ed over by both that and the "supporting" government because my mother (who is disabled and cannot work) was told to kick me out BY THE GOVERNMENT when I turned 18, and had to do so (she helped me find my first flat!) - The same government who are supposed to help people who genuinely need it, and when I went to them asking them to provide me with some financial help which I genuinly needed, while I went out EVERY DAY to find any job I could basically told me to **** off, while the drug using and alcohol binging neighbours I had for a short while were getting £400 a week in benefits and they didn't even attempt to get a job.

Then again you wouldn't know any of that. Being German and all.
dont get me started on the benefit system...

makes me fking rage
Quote from S14 DRIFT :I haven't been through the whole benefits system and got completely ****ed over by both that and the "supporting" government because my mother (who is disabled and cannot work) was told to kick me out BY THE GOVERNMENT when I turned 18, and had to do so (she helped me find my first flat!) - The same government who are supposed to help people who genuinely need it, and when I went to them asking them to provide me with some financial help which I genuinly needed, while I went out EVERY DAY to find any job I could basically told me to **** off, while the drug using and alcohol binging neighbours I had for a short while were getting £400 a week in benefits and they didn't even attempt to get a job.

Then again you wouldn't know any of that. Being German and all.

How do you know that I am German? Is it that obvious?
Well you are racist and lack interlect (sic)... Pretty on par for a Nazi, then we can infer that you're German from that.

(And I have successfully invoked Godwins law.. Thread over?)
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Point taken, though I presume you at least had a family to go back to if everything went back? If not then, well done for making the right choices while you were doing the things you did!

As it happens my dad used to kick me out pretty regularly when I was doing my GCSEs, I spent a lot of nights sleeping in doorways and under bridges. When I finished school I moved out and no I didn't have the choice to go back home until I was 21, when he died. By that point I wasn't even living in the UK any more in fact I only found out he'd died when someone decided to get in touch with my mother on my behalf (I didn't know they were doing it).

I'm not trying to say I had it worse than anybody else, just making the point that there's no "right way" to live your life. I was always a bright kid I could've probably gone to a good university and got a good job if circumstances had been different, but I decided not to get a degree or a good job. And I don't think it did me any harm in the long run.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Well you are racist and lack interlect (sic)... Pretty on par for a Nazi, then we can infer that you're German from that.

(And I have successfully invoked Godwins law.. Thread over?)

I am not a racist, I hate all equally.
Well, unless they're towelheads, then you wish they'd intergrate or go back to their own country like those BNP interlecturals say so?
"Random crap" thread

-------------------------------

"Post Your Girlfriend" thread

The line has been drawn.

Post Your Girlfriend / Love Life Advice 101
(5206 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG