The online racing simulator
Italian training
(8 posts, closed, started )
Italian training
Hi all.

I just started translating training lessons in Italian.

I see that for each lesson there are lots of files for different languages.
All these files, like "Acceleration - GTI_Deutsch.txt", have "@LESSON_NAME" as first line, while the corresponding "default" English text file ("Acceleration - GTI.txt", with no language in the file name) is without the "@....".

Can someone help me understanding better ?
the @lesson_name represents the name of the lesson in language it is in. So if it's in Acceleration - GTI_Deutsch.txt, the text after @ will be in Deutsch language.
Thanks Flame.

That's what I'm doing:
  • I copy the first lesson "Testdrive - GTI.txt" (the file is in English, without the @ line) two times.
  • I rename the two new files in "Testdrive - GTI_English.txt" (only to preserve the original text, just in case) and "Testdrive - GTI_Italian.txt".
  • I open "Testdrive - GTI.txt" and "Testdrive - GTI_Italian.txt", translate one, and then copy+paste over the other.
  • In the "Testdrive - GTI_Italian.txt" file, i add the first @ line with the correct lesson title (I don't know why in fact, I do so only to mantain the general structure).
  • Close and save.
  • In the game I have now the translated training text.
Is it correct ?
Just copy and paste "Testdrive - GTI.txt" and rename the copy to "Testdrive - GTI_Italian.txt" and add the @lesson_name to it and translate. That's my opinion.
That's what I thought too, and I started like you say, but the game kept on using the default english "Testdrive - GTI.txt" file.

I think that the @ charachter is there for a good reason, but still don't catch it.
Anyway after some trial and errors, I came up with what I described before and it works: the "active" file used is indeed "Testdrive - GTI.txt".

A bit strange but it works.
Try to use LessonName_Italiano.txt.
That's it !!
Changing the file name to "italiano" made it !! Thanks a lot !

Edit: finished translating, checking started, Scawen informed.
Thanks. To avoid any confusion I'll close this thread now. I will get the translations and any updates or fixes from the other thread.
This thread is closed

Italian training
(8 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG