The online racing simulator
Centralising league news
(144 posts, started )
Only league origanizators can test it?
Let's see if this is MoE compatible
hehe guys, the test just entails some people entering news as a test to see if there is anything unclear, missing or could be done different. So there's no need to consider upcoming races for the test - you'd just have to enter an old result and see if all is OK.
Quote from Victor :
So if you feel like testing, please post in this thread and I may pm you.

If you still need someone to test it, I got some time today and tomorrow.
I want to register the austrian championship league, but if I press the 'Register a league for news submission' nothing happens
That's cool Victor but when I press "resgister a league ..." nothing happens...
It loads but nothing
EDIT: You were faster Brilwing
RE-EDIT: It works now
yep, just noticed and fixed now
Thanks Victor for being so fast
Is there a "league list" somewhere?
Because I'm not sure if it worked when I putted LFS Endurance Series
no, there's no league list yet. But there will be later on.

HOWEVER you should see your submitted league on the "League editors" tab.
LFS Manual
Yep it's ok now
I'll test it the 16 November after the 12h of Aston GP
Victor,

In the options to select the league type, there is only:

24 Race
Single Event
GTR League
Single Seater League
Normal Road Car League
Endurance League
Drift League

There are at least two leagues out there that have multiple series with different types of cars: LOTA and OLFSL.

LOTA has series for GTRs, open wheels, road cars, rally series, etc etc. Can you add an option for "Multiple Series"?
how about Mixed Series instead? Or do you really mean, LOTA is a collection of different leagues, for different types of cars?
Yes a mixed series please Victor. LFSBC uses GTRs + Road Cars + SS

Works a treat btw, can't wait for the auto-race results thingy to work

EDIT: BTW, I think he means what the LFSBC/OLFSL is - series that uses many different types of car.
"Mixed Classes League" has been added. Please reload LFS World with F5 to make it work properly.
Quote from Victor :"Mixed Classes League" has been added. Please reload LFS World with F5 to make it work properly.

Thank you Victor.
and just for those who don't understand yet why those league options are needed (because they are currently not reflected anywhere) - in the future there will be news filters for example, so you can filter neas by league / type, etc.
Plus it prepares for a league listing (and again plus filters) for who knows what purpose It's just good to have all that info for when it will be needed.
Quote from Victor :how about Mixed Series instead? Or do you really mean, LOTA is a collection of different leagues, for different types of cars?

LOTA is a collection of different leagues, so maybe "Multiple Series League"?

EDIT: Who approves the news posts?

EDIT2: How about an option to not show the league title if the logo is clear enough?
Quote from banshee56 :LOTA is a collection of different leagues, so maybe "Multiple Series League"?

how many leagues in LOTA then?

Quote from banshee56 :EDIT: Who approves the news posts?

EDIT2: How about an option to not show the league title if the logo is clear enough?

Atm I approve them, but I'll be looking for some people to help with that and to help with looking over people's comments (when I've added that).

About the league name, I'd like to keep it visible for consistency in news titles.
Number of leagues in LOTA: in the past 2 years, we've run 14 different types of series: http://www.lfs-lota.net/index.php?action=rlm_league;sa=about That number is likely to increase over time when we come up with different racing ideas.

Some more thoughts/questions on this interface:

1) Is each news post intended to be for a single event? Can a news post be made that defines a series/league and then be able to submit event results multiple times so that each event's results show at the bottom of the series post?

2) Attachments: will there be a way view all the attachments uploaded for multiple use? Are only the attachments that I upload viewable by only me? Can the [img] tag be added to reduce the number of images uploaded to LFS servers?

3) manual Results columns: can we add multiple columns with the same header? i.e. race and bonus points?

4) Calendar events: how about a spot on the post interface to add race dates to the post, which will then be transferred to LFS Forums calendar? is that even possible?
Potential problem, registered my league, then remove myself as editor by accident, now I can't do anything with the registered league, because no one can access it, and no one can make it again, because it's already there.
Quote from banshee56 :Number of leagues in LOTA: in the past 2 years, we've run 14 different types of series: http://www.lfs-lota.net/index.php?action=rlm_league;sa=about That number is likely to increase over time when we come up with different racing ideas.

Some more thoughts/questions on this interface:

1) Is each news post intended to be for a single event? Can a news post be made that defines a series/league and then be able to submit event results multiple times so that each event's results show at the bottom of the series post?

2) Attachments: will there be a way view all the attachments uploaded for multiple use? Are only the attachments that I upload viewable by only me? Can the [img] tag be added to reduce the number of images uploaded to LFS servers?

3) manual Results columns: can we add multiple columns with the same header? i.e. race and bonus points?

4) Calendar events: how about a spot on the post interface to add race dates to the post, which will then be transferred to LFS Forums calendar? is that even possible?

1) well, it's kind of intended for single news 'events' yes. But, you can edit your post as many times as you want and you can add multiple results per post, so you can keep adding to a post as you go.
But if you'd do that, currently the post timestamp would remain the same, so the post would not appear on top, in the public eye when you add results, unless people will filter by your league (not yet added)

2) was thinking of reusing uploaded attachments yes. Yet another feature that must be added still. But I'd like to avoid the [img] tag though and let everyone upload their images to lfsw. I don't mind the room

3) mm yes you can add multiple columns of the same type. But atm the total amount of columns is restricted (to prevent a table from becoming too wide) so you cannot add an unlimited number of columns.

4) yeah, calendars I need to think about a bit more, but i definately want to add that functionality. And a more comprehensive calendar than here on the forum, though I'd like to let the forum's reflect the ones on LFS World.
Quote from danowat :Potential problem, registered my league, then remove myself as editor by accident, now I can't do anything with the registered league, because no one can access it, and no one can make it again, because it's already there.

That's actually a feature for in case a league would end and all editors would quit. The editors can be removed while the league entry remains, so news items can still be displayed.
If re-activation (re-adding of a user) is needed I can do that. I guess I should do that for you then? (if you can tell me the name of the league)

Centralising league news
(144 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG