The online racing simulator
MP3 Players
(33 posts, started )
Quote from The Moose :BOSE

Buy Other Sound Equipment?

Anyway, like others said- If you can find an X5, buy it.
Some 8Gb creative?
Quote from Thunderhead :Buy Other Sound Equipment?

Anyway, like others said- If you can find an X5, buy it.

What's wrong with Bose? Those are really good, havn't heard anything better.
Quote from Bose321 :What's wrong with Bose? Those are really good, havn't heard anything better.

Read any professional review, then you know...
Quote from Bose321 :What's wrong with Bose? Those are really good, havn't heard anything better.

As i said, Their marketing dept is fantastic

If you haven't heard anything better you haven't been listening properly.
Quote from The Moose :

As i said, Their marketing dept is fantastic

If you haven't heard anything better you haven't been listening properly.

i didn't meant the sound systems, more those headphones
Got the Creative Zen (just Zen - the original) for £70 recently. Brilliant little thing! 8gb of storage, small, great sound quality, great screen, plays music, videos, has an fm radio, records sound, you can put music on it really easily - if the pretty good 'Creative Media Explorer' fails, you've got WMP etc - you can put photos on it, it has an SD card slot if you run out of space, long battery life and you can create playlists. The latest software update can cause it to crash pretty frequently, but you can just reset it without losing any data, and it makes .wmv files sound even better!

No, I don't work for Creative! Just thought it might be handy.
Quote from pb32000 :I've heard good things about the X5, isn't it a fair few years old now though?

Yeah, although why the age of the design is an issue I don't know, seeing as it supports all the modern features most people are going to want. I'm sure I've read rumours about there being a replacement model, although nothing has materialised, and I can't think what they'd really do it apart from restyle it, increase the hard drive size (oh yes please), move some of the extra sockets back into the main unit so you don't need the dongle, and add DRM support for the suckers who buy crippled music.

The thing I dislike about it the most is the stupid "colour sound" text down the side of the screen. I thought that was part of the film that you peel off when you buy it, but sadly not.

@The Moose - I thought sound quality was one the one thing of substance the ipods could pull off (not counting any factory supplied earphones of course)?

MP3 Players
(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG