The online racing simulator

Poll : Did Lewis Hamilton deserve this title? (i do) :P

Closed since :
Yep!
No!
Dont know
Quote from BlueFlame :Sorry dude, you're trying to play around with your English but it's not working out, it doesn't make sense.

The term 'Classy' Only applies to women, a man can't be 'classy' even sarcastically or it sounds like you're a bit ginger beer...

I'm sorry "dude", but his English was perfectly good.

Also, the term "classy" is not gender specific, and is quite common to call a man "classy". If anything, it's you that is struggling with their English

As for the F1, it was exciting, and the best man won
Who thinks he will win it again next year? I think this would have given him a big confidence boost and next year he may possibly be even quicker. I think there is a lot more to come from Hamilton, he is going to go a long way.
Do you guys believe there is a lot more to come from Hamilton?

Also, Bruno Senna may have a drive with Honda next year. Let's see if he is as good, worse or better than his great uncle, Aryton Senna. He will have a lot to live up to though.
Just to add some fuel to the Glock fire - he actually could have pitted for wets at the start of the penultimate lap and kept P4 .
< 24 sec to enter the pitlane, change tyres, leave pitlane, drive down the slow, narrow exit road?
Quote from joshdifabio :Just to add some fuel to the Glock fire - he actually could have pitted for wets at the start of the penultimate lap and kept P4 .

I might be mistaken, but if I remember right, Glock was behind Kovalainen, before the rain at the end of the race... So, by keeping the dry tires and not loosing time in the pits, he in reality gained one place, finishing 6th instead of 7th.
Quote :and despite all that we still get tons of idiotic posts about how the fia will find a way to grant massa the title but a similarly stupid conspiracy theory gets ridiculed

*scratches her head* - i'd probably joke about it, but even the FIA wouldnt go that far. Although I have said such things before and found that they did... But seriously, your post even admitted that FIA have been hampering McLaren as the dominant team, then you flame people for being cynical about it? Not that I personally read the posts you seem to have beef with.

Quote :Hopefully with the level(ish) chance for more teams to be equal next year

Alas no, after every major rules shakeup the teams are more spread out, it will probably be 2 or 3 years for the racing to get to the level we have now. Rules need stability for the teams to all reach the zenith.

I'm no more clued in who's going to be winning than everyone else, but by round 4 expect 1 team to have emerged as the dominant car for the season. I kinda hope its the Ferrari because without a racing driver in the number 2 car it would be a pretty poor championship if McLaren was the fastest car next year.
Toki (hun), you are so bitter.

do you suck on a lemon every morning?
Quote from NotAnIllusion :< 24 sec to enter the pitlane, change tyres, leave pitlane, drive down the slow, narrow exit road?

Close to 20 seconds lost in total for Kubica's late stop.
Quote from sam93 : Also, Bruno Senna may have a drive with Honda next year. Let's see if he is as good, worse or better than his great uncle, Aryton Senna. He will have a lot to live up to though.

I hope Bruno won't be like Piquet is right now.
Do you think that this conspiracy theory is possible? I mean, i don't want to watch any sport thinking that these things are possible, but seriously, there are some really astonishing things happening in F1 that Hollywood would be proud of.. I mean, this race was bore-festival for the majority of it, then those last couple of laps were mindblowing...
Maybe it's possible that Ferrari had a deal with Toyota (check out where the Trulli was in quali). The only one who could benefit from Toyota staying on dry tires were Ferrari and Massa, and it almost payed off... It sounds impossible, but at the same time very possible... They had no chance, Hamilton hamered the 5th position, only possibility for them was this deal with Toyota..

I mean, it's a circuss, the media and broadcastings is where the majority of F1 founding comes from..
Quote from joshdifabio :Close to 20 seconds lost in total for Kubica's late stop.

It'd be very, very close if Glock kept the position. If the gap was 18 sec at the start/finish, his pitstop would have had to have been at least 2 sec faster than Hamiltons. Or?
Fair play to McLaren as they are now saying they knew they would catch Glock on the last lap!!! That's bold

Shame McLaren didn't win the Constructors this year..... I thought Kovi might have done better this season to support Lewis...
Best finish I've seen ever for a Formula 1 season, I couldn't even remain seated...

Even I was confused to see Hamilton in 5th... "Wait, is that an error on the scoreboard or what position has he got to have to win? Is he really champion now?"

But, as pointed out by Prüller, our commentator, the WDC didn't even got over 100 points, which kinda goes to show that way too many errors have been made by both contestants throughout the season...

A real shame about Coulthard - his last race should have been better than to end in the second corner... I would have liked to see more of his helmet camera too...

Anyway, I can't wait to see what all the teams have up their sleeves for next year, may it be a good one!
Ahh yes the conspiracy theories.

It looked much more convincing to have Glock stay out and be passed at the last corner. How OBVIOUS would it have been if Glock had just pitted when Hamilton did to maintain the gap, and keep Hamilton in 4th/5th place anyway?

Perhaps McLaren also hired the Chinese to seed the clouds with silver-iodide rockets so that it would rain JUST enough to slow Glock and Trulli down the required amount?

Anyhoo, a spectacular end to a decent season in my opinion. I wasn't too bothered about who won, Massa was great for most of the season, Hamilton too, but both made their mistakes. To say Hamilton deserves it simply because the FIA "favour" Ferrari is doing Massa a disservice, he's just a driver, I really don't think he would want to win in "controversial" circumstances any more than Lewis did after the BMW fuel irregularity issue last season.

Both need to get their act together in a few ways for next year. Alonso would have beaten them both given a competitive car in the early stages. If the Renault is strong he will be a massive favourite, he just has that ruthless winning consistency which I feel the other top drivers occasionally lack.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Sauce?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/h ... t/formula_one/7705641.stm

Quote :
The teams have GPS maps showing them the exact location of all the cars at all times and Martin Whitmarsh, McLaren's chief operating officer, said the team's computer data was telling them Hamilton would catch Glock on the final lap.
"At the end, we could see the rain coming, the pressure was building, we know how slippery and difficult it is in those conditions and we made, I think, all the right calls," he said.
"But we had to believe in ourselves that we had made the right calls, that we shouldn't have taken big risks defending against a charging Vettel, who had none of the pressure Lewis had.
"It was super-disciplined to believe that, in not out-and-out fighting and potentially losing it with Vettel, in the course of that final lap we would catch Glock." He added: "But it's one thing having that belief and that view. Once you get into that last lap you start to wonder if you've got it right.

Quote from sinbad :Alonso would have beaten them both given a competitive car in the early stages. If the Renault is strong he will be a massive favourite, he just has that ruthless winning consistency which I feel the other top drivers occasionally lack.

I think if Renault can get a competitive car for next season, an Alonso/Hamilton fight would be brilliant!
Quote from StableX :I think if Renault can get a competitive car for next season, an Alonso/Hamilton fight would be brilliant!

And I'm sure the Renault can improve a lot until the next year

I think Alonso have something that many other drivers do not, and it's an ability to develop and set his car... I don't think it's a coincidence that Renault have improved so much since the begining of the championship (something that they didn't last year when Alonso was at McLaren)

Hope next year with slicks and less aero all the cars will be more balanced and that can bring epic fights between Hamilton, Massa, Raikkonen, Alonso, Vettel, Kubika and maybe another surprising driver
Quote from RocksGt :I think Alonso have something that many other drivers do not, and it's an ability to develop and set his car... I don't think it's a coincidence that Renault have improved so much since the begining of the championship (something that they didn't last year when Alonso was at McLaren)

I always thought Alonso lived in Oxford and worked with the chassis guys, but maybe he also pops over to Viry-Chatillon to work on their engines too. Presumably Renault employ those hundreds of people to manufacture the parts so Alonso doesn't have to do that, giving him more time to concentrate on designing everything.
Quote from RocksGt :And I'm sure the Renault can improve a lot until the next year

I think Alonso have something that many other drivers do not, and it's an ability to develop and set his car... I don't think it's a coincidence that Renault have improved so much since the begining of the championship (something that they didn't last year when Alonso was at McLaren)

Hope next year with slicks and less aero all the cars will be more balanced and that can bring epic fights between Hamilton, Massa, Raikkonen, Alonso, Vettel, Kubika and maybe another surprising driver

Agreed, to all
Quote from thisnameistaken :but maybe he also pops over to Viry-Chatillon to work on their engines too

Only when he's not sorting gasoline molecules based on octane rating.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I always thought Alonso lived in Oxford and worked with the chassis guys, but maybe he also pops over to Viry-Chatillon to work on their engines too. Presumably Renault employ those hundreds of people to manufacture the parts so Alonso doesn't have to do that, giving him more time to concentrate on designing everything.

What I mean is that he knows how to communicate the reasons why the car is not as fast as the others to their engineers, who, obviously, are the ones who work on the improvements
I'm under the impression that Kimi's been cornered into winter testing with Ferrari.. something he hates to do but his slack approach and lack of off-season testing is what Ferrari are seeing as the reason for his lack-lustre performance this year.

Alonso, however, is very good during off-season testing and will drive a car all day and give good, usable feedback to the engineers.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG