The online racing simulator
i need Visual basic program for school :p
(16 posts, closed, started )
#1 - G!NhO
Hi lfsforum,

I need to make something in VB 6 on school, but i dont know anything about it.
So does someone have a small/simple program for me that he wants to share with me? please

Thanks in advance

please do not flame me or anything
Wait do you need a program that was coded in vb 6 and the source? Or do you need a program that you can code vb 6 in?
#3 - wien
Please do your own homework. Thank you.
How about you start paying attention in class instead? You know, then your education might not be a complete waste of time.
#5 - G!NhO
Quote from master_lfs.5101 :Wait do you need a program that was coded in vb 6 and the source? Or do you need a program that you can code vb 6 in?

create a prgram in vb6
Quote from G!NhO :create a prgram in vb6

That's still ambiguous.

If you do want example source, then <insert favourite search engine> might be a good place to start.
#7 - G!NhO
Quote from Bob Smith :That's still ambiguous.

If you do want example source, then <insert favourite search engine> might be a good place to start.

create an application then?
How about starting out with just an empty frame.
The style that frame.
Then add an element, like a text box.
Then style that text box.
Then ad an element like a button.
Then Style the button.
Then add an event to that button.
Then add an event to the text box, that fires off when the button is pressed (for example, to change the style of any element.
Then ...

My point is, play around, you never know what you might learn from just trying.
(Can any one point him to a good resource for looking up properties and functions for vb6, I think that would be most helpful.)
All I had was VB6 Enterprise and the help file back in the day, even the teacher didn't show up to class. That was hardcore
Heh, that reminds me of our C++ teacher. "Here are your assignments. If you need me, I'm in my room."

Indeed he was; loudly snoring, with his only company being an empty bottle of alcohol. Good times
Here, I'll even give you the source to my batch setup tyre brand changer app: http://lfs.thefloatingwidget.n ... anger_%5bVB6Source%5d.zip (the compiled program can be downloaded here). That's about the simplest VB6 app I've got lying around, only 8 elements to the GUI, 257 lines of coding, dealing with GUI stuff, user defined types and read/writing files. You'll probably still need to read up up VB6 a bit before it makes any sence though, especially if this is your first programming language.
ok thanks, ill try something
I'm kinda surprised anyone has posted any code, especially Bob, since you've effectively flat out demanded someone do your homework for you, and all you've got is something that was easily accessible via any number of search engines.

I've closed the thread as I feel that you've got the answers you need. If you want it reopened please PM me rather than starting a new one.
Sorry to sneak in after you've closed the thread but:
Quote from the_angry_angel :I'm kinda surprised anyone has posted any code, especially Bob

In fairness, if you search for code examples online, you normally get functions that solve whatever issue some person was having, or example programs that show off certain features/techniques. G!NhO did seem to be asking for a real world, complete program, that was small/simple, and I do not see his post as actually asking for someone to write code for him, or even post code that would be all that helpful for his project. In fact, he's not even told us what it is he is trying to achieve.

Although hardly ideal as it is devoid of any comments, and perhaps a little meaty for a VB6 newbie, it is at least related to LFS (something I presume is a common interest among us), and not that much more complex than my first VB6 assigment, back when I was learning it at University.

G!NhO, assuming you can make any sense of it, I'm happy to answer questions by PM, or maybe re-upload the source with a few comments thrown in.
This thread is closed

(16 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG