The online racing simulator
Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
Quote from goncoll :Turbo with 2 webber 45 45 but aren't view the compresor
1rst photo from MTC, the second from LAMUEDRA, and the last one are a swift's interior?
you are worst than enanex

The first two pics look like they're from a different car
And I just got a virus alert for opening the second pic. Kinda odd..
Quote from sgt.flippy :And I just got a virus alert for opening the second pic. Kinda odd..

i got one for opening the first one
I also got some Trojan stuff... Avira Antivir FTW.
Yeah it's interesting how those pictures seem to include a trojan.

And the line about stage 2 turbo is interesting when I can clearly see in the second picture that there is no turbo at all.

Third picture clearly features a more modern cars interior I'm pretty sure.
It seems strange that these images would contain any malicious content since they were uploaded as attachments several weeks ago and no probs have been reported until now. Can anyone confirm that an actual trojan exists or is it just a false positive?
Quote from Gunn :Can anyone confirm that an actual trojan exists or is it just a false positive?

Confirmed.
Attached images
trojan.jpg
I opened then downloaded two two of the images and scanned them and got no report of a trojan. Could it be a particular anti-viral program that is reporting it as an infected file?
-
(ussbeethoven) DELETED by ussbeethoven
my Avira Antivir found the trojan too, TR/Spy.Banker.vk.1. The warning came up when i opened both pics
Quote from ACCAkut :my Avira Antivir found the trojan too, TR/Spy.Banker.vk.1. The warning came up when i opened both pics

Sure, but if that particular anti virus program is reporting a false positive then everyone who uses it will also think there is a trojan, when there may not be at all.

Please can some other members try scanning the images with a different program?
I did some hunting and found three other instances on the Net where people had reported the same warning after clicking on an image and they were all using Avira software. Seems like a false positive, but until other members can verify I can't be sure.
I installed Avira Antivir last week, before I had NOD32. I remember opening these images, and I didn't get any warning from NOD.
yep no warning with nod
Thanks guys. No warning with AVG either, plus I searched my registry for the entry that this trojan is supposed to create and I didn't find it. Running a Spybot check now, then I'll reboot and check the registry again.

*the other reports on the Net that I found dated back to June and September. You'd think that Avira would have fixed this issue with their software by now. That's why I'm still being cautious.
BTW the trojan in question is a keylogger/password stealer, so it's worth taking the time to investigate this properly.
McAffee said its a virus too
90% through my Spybot scan and we had a power outage, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Scanned the registry and no malicious entries there. Scanned my system32 folder and no probs there either.

**2am here, must go to bed.

Anyone with concerns should be cautious and run a proper scan, but it looks like a false alarm so far.
Quote from evilgenius :McAffee said its a virus too

+1
using shitty macaffee.
warning came only at first pic here, the other two where "clean"
The image in question is fscked and while not a trojan itself, contains things that an image shouldn't contain!

<!-- INICIO - PUBLICIDAD POP-UP UNDER -->
<IFRAME SRC="http://www.[redacted]/ar/popunder/p_submit.asp?site=[redacted].ar" width=1 height=1></IFRAME>
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
//<!--
for (var i=1; i<15; i++){
setTimeout('self.focus();',i*30);
}
//-->
</SCRIPT>
<!-- FIN - PUBLICIDAD POP-UP UNDER -->

Not what I'd expect to see at the end of a JPG file

Not much of a surprise to see a LACNIC domain in use for malware however.

Regards,

Ian
Quote from BastianB :really nice bmw you have there

Agreed. Classic car in perfect condition.
Quote from Ian.H :The image in question is fscked and while not a trojan itself, contains things that an image shouldn't contain!

<!-- INICIO - PUBLICIDAD POP-UP UNDER -->
<IFRAME SRC="http://www.[redacted]/ar/popunder/p_submit.asp?site=[redacted].ar" width=1 height=1></IFRAME>
<SCRIPT LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
//<!--
for (var i=1; i<15; i++){
setTimeout('self.focus();',i*30);
}
//-->
</SCRIPT>
<!-- FIN - PUBLICIDAD POP-UP UNDER -->

Not what I'd expect to see at the end of a JPG file

Not much of a surprise to see a LACNIC domain in use for malware however.

Regards,

Ian

Thanks Ian, I have removed the offending image as a precaution.
Quote from Gunn :Thanks Ian, I have removed the offending image as a precaution.

No probs. I'd guess at it needing quite a specific exploit to work, but not right nonetheless

Here's a NULLed version if Inouva wants to reattach it to her OP

Regards,

Ian
Attached images
_a1.jpg
My MKIV 93 n/a j-spec supra
Attached images
my2.JPG
13102008314.jpg
03102008303.jpg
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Agreed. Classic car in perfect condition.

Agreed again, love those E21s especially when they look like yours!
This thread is closed

Post your Car!
(15536 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG