The online racing simulator
Videocard broken??
(7 posts, started )
Videocard broken??
Last saturday i was playing LFS, when i exited lfs i got suddenly a colored snow screen if you know what i mean. i restarted the computer several times but still this colored snow screen. also in the startup time ( dos ) or something.

does this mean my videocard is broken? it is an old one ( ATI RADEON 9600 256MB DDR AGP. from 2003

thnx
Great chance it is. Did it overheat?
Quote from henrico-20- :Last saturday i was playing LFS, when i exited lfs i got suddenly a colored snow screen if you know what i mean. i restarted the computer several times but still this colored snow screen. also in the startup time ( dos ) or something.

does this mean my videocard is broken? it is an old one ( ATI RADEON 9600 256MB DDR AGP. from 2003

thnx

Probably the memory has gone, you're experiencing artifacts. New card I'm afraid.
sounds like the same sort of thing that happened to my X1600 a couple of years back, and as the others have said it does mean a new card.
ok thnx guys for yr quick anwser and i will buy one this week i hope

- yes it could be thats it got to hot.. i don't know much about it.

thnx all
Installed a new one today,

i've bought a Club 3D 2400PRO 512MB GDDR2 AGP card.

is there anything i should check? like updates or anything and where can i find them?

i know ATI had an updates page.
Just go to their website and look for drivers for their graphics cards, and download and install the driver for your card. You'll want the newest driver, but whatever they offer should be, the newest. Just select the right driver for your OS, ie; windows xp, vista, etc etc. If you haven't already done so....

Here's where you start.

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

Videocard broken??
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG