The online racing simulator
How To Render LFS Cars?
(35 posts, started )
I've obviously mastered both. :rolleyes:
Attached files
exotic_dance.zip - 363.2 KB - 470 views
I have finally managed to do this, with a huge help from Si_Si and ofcourse the scenes from ds-autos. There is one thing I am stuck on though, I'd like to know how to change the background to something like this or just a simple colour change, but I'd like to do it without hunting through google for hours...?
Yes i would like to know
You make a floor using a primative.
Apply a colour - say dark grey - using the materials (drag the blob onto the bit you want the material applied to.
Make a target stop light and put it high in the scene. Aim it. Set the light intensity to whatever you want. Fiddle with all the settings, and turn on shadows.

Render.

It's not as easy as that, but that's the general gist. Unless you want someone to give you a several hour lesson the easiest way is to google or just play and see what happens.
Quote : Apply a colour - say dark grey - using the materials (drag the blob onto the bit you want the material applied to.

Can you change the colour of the sky/background by doing that too? Whenever I try to create something for the background (like a plane) I cannot get it off the floor.
To change the background (other than using a plane or other geometry) go to the rendering menu and choose environment. There you can edit the 'sky' colour, or put a picture (say of clouds). But if you're using Brazil then this might be slightly different, and I can't help in that scenario as I don't use Brazil.

Have you had a peek on dSRC's forums - they are very nice and helpful, and Ian.H has more experience with Brazil than me. I learnt a lot about LFS rendering there. Also Master Skinnerz has a forum devoted to rendering, and is popular with many of the great renderers here, so more help may be available (don't forget to search ).

Glad you're sticking with it. It's NOT easy this rendering malarky and it would be all to easy to give up.
Thanks for the quick reply.
I have looked through the rendering options but I can't find the option to change it. Although, I did find a ground plane in the rendering options and I assigned one of the ds-auto's lovely floor materials.
I will check out the dsrc forum tomorrow, I have given up with 3DSM, just for tonight...
NOOOOOOOOBS! Max Is User Friendly Compared To Some Others, Especially Rendering. Easy- Import, Texture, Save, Render.
biggest bump, what i ever saw...
Quote from raif995 :NOOOOOOOOBS! Max Is User Friendly Compared To Some Others, Especially Rendering. Easy- Import, Texture, Save, Render.

It looks like you're the noob here.

How To Render LFS Cars?
(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG