G24 destroyed. >=]
(39 posts, started )
Quote from JasonJ :It's a warranty claim on a broken G25. Logitech require proof that you destroy your old one because it's cheaper than getting it shipped back and repaired.

I thought it only required you to cut the ends of the cables, then send them pictures or to send the plugs in the mail.

I take it this has changed now, to stop people soldering the plugs back on?
Quote from JasonJ :destroy your old one

sorry,

destroy = cut a wire
or
destroy = melt

I don't know their policy at this time.
Quote from logitekg25 :cheaper, if that is true then logitech should lower their prices big time!!

You know it only costs like 44cents to mac a Big Mac don't you? 1000% markup. Like any company, logitech are there to make money, not make people happy.

They 'could' do what most companies do and charge you for returning goods on warranty. So they are not so bad completely. BTW, I think the G25 is worth every cent. Try build one yourself, you would want $2000 for your time and labour.

H-Gated shifters and clutch sets were over $2500 when I first got into gaming. So $330 AUD G25 is a bargin in my books.
Quote from JasonJ :It's a warranty claim on a broken G25. Logitech require proof that you destroy your old one because it's cheaper than getting it shipped back and repaired.

What about if i do some extreme photoshop on the picture i take from my G25? I dont have wheel, but still. Its a interesting question ...
they wanted me to ship mine back when i exagerated a little about the problems i was having (profiler not working [still doesnt :shrugusually)], in sequential not sensing any shift down)
Quote from hazaky :What about if i do some extreme photoshop on the picture i take from my G25? I dont have wheel, but still. Its a interesting question ...

How many years for fraud in Estonia
Quote from JasonJ :How many years for fraud in Estonia

fraud what? I dont know what this word means

Anyways, yea i got the point now. Is it on all logitech products? Or its how the warranty law (or something?) is for speciefied product?
Quote from hazaky :fraud what? I dont know what this word means

Anyways, yea i got the point now. Is it on all logitech products? Or its how the warranty law (or something?) is for speciefied product?

Fraud would be when you "scam" someone. For example, if you photoshopped a picture to make a G25 look damaged, then sent that to logitech as proof in order to get a new one, you would be in some serious trouble if they found out (which they most likely would if you attempted to edit the photo. ), which they could take you to court for if they liked.
Quote from hazaky :fraud what? I dont know what this word means

It might be different with your logitech distributer. Personally I bought mine from a shop that offers (extended) 5 year full replacement warranty on the G25.

12 months standard warranty on all other Logitech products. But like I said, it's different depending on where you bought it from.
that is a very good deal!
Right so if you have proof of purchase which would confirm the warranty is still in date you still have to destroy it? i'd just say "nah you're alright ill spend a bit more on a Fanatec wheel and not bother with Logitech stuff anymore" see what they'd say then.
You're getting a brand new replacement free. With most warranty returns you have to send the defective product back to the supplier/manufacturer before you get the replacement or fixed product back. Logitech do it this way is because then no postage has to be paid to ship the faulty product back (and sometimes the customer has to pay that postage back) and it's quicker because rather than waiting to receive the product then fixing it or sending a replacement they can just send it as soon as you tell them you have a faulty product. People thinking it's a bad thing for them to request you to destroy your original product clearly don't understand the situation. Read the warranty next time.
Quote from trebor901 :Right so if you have proof of purchase which would confirm the warranty is still in date you still have to destroy it? i'd just say "nah you're alright ill spend a bit more on a Fanatec wheel and not bother with Logitech stuff anymore" see what they'd say then.

"Here, take 2 wheels. That should cover up your problem. But u better take care of them now" ... - "ok" ... - "now GTFO"
i refused to destroy my MX Revolution and said i wouldnt buy another Logitech mouse and they soon replaced it.

G24 destroyed. >=]
(39 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG