The online racing simulator
Tyre mark
(16 posts, started )
Tyre mark
I know update soon but:
LFS makes wat too much tire marks! take Bf1 for example, then have a 20 lap race at as7 with 20 racers, the whole track is full of tire marks, if this was in real life the track would be burned up.

So i hope new update is: more grip and less tire marks
Quote from aroX123 :I know update soon but:
LFS makes wat too much tire marks! take Bf1 for example, then have a 20 lap race at as7 with 20 racers, the whole track is full of tire marks, if this was in real life the track would be burned up.

So i hope new update is: more grip and less tire marks

You haven´t read Scawen´s thread have you. In the next patch there will be less grip.
Quote from Deutschland2007 :You haven´t read Scawen´s thread have you. In the next patch there will be less grip.

i did read it, but why would there be less grip?
Quote from Scawen : ...the LFS tyres had too much grip...

But yes, there are an awful lot of tyre marks in LFS races. More visible that RL tyre marks.
Quote from aroX123 :i did read it, but why would there be less grip?

Road tyres have too much grip, that´s why the devs postponed the Scirocco because they couldn´t get it handle like the real one because of the current tyre model. Slicks also have too much grip. I mean, just look at what the fastest way of getting off the line is. Floor it and then hammer it into 1st gear when the lights go green. That´s by no means realistic. I think they have too much grip in turns too. Just look at the G-forces you can get while cornering in a BF1. They´re just too high.
yeah, that could be. Because in 2007 (or earlier) at the warmup lap that have full speed and the tires are spinning to warm up the rear tires, and tc is still on.
Maybe more exiting races now?
Also, when you compare LFS to real life, don't forget that real life racers don't all lock up in the first few corners, because they do tend to have a degree of patience. Unlike most LFS racers, where that shit has to be won within the first lap.
Tyre mark factor is too sensitive, there is more factors before a car start burning rubber to the car.
Scawen never said there would be less grip, he just said this,

Quote from Scawen :

While we were working on the Scirocco in December, we found that we could not make the LFS model handle as well as the real car. One of the reasons for this was that the LFS tyres had too much grip and this was causing the inside wheels to lose too much load while cornering. But simply reducing the grip would not have been a good approach... the result would have been just the same old LFS but at lower speeds.

We decided to look into a completely new core tyre model.

so there will not be less grip, but a totally new feel altogether. but as Arox said earlier about the burning track thing, that's what gets me
if he says lfs has too much grip do you think the improvement will be more grip?
Quote from John5200 :if he says lfs has too much grip do you think the improvement will be more grip?

Well he also said that reducing the grip wouldn't help. So I think that it won't have more grip, neither less grip, it will be just more realistic.
It might not be too much or too little, but the wrong method of generating grip - load sensitivity, sidewall stiffnesses, internal resistances (hysteresis) etc etc. So whilst the absolute lateral grip might remain about the same, we might find longitudinal grip, or the way tyres lose and regain grip differs, as well as how setups influence that...

If it's as simple as 'lowering the grip' then I don't think it's especially exciting, but it isn't, so it is.
if it doesnt have more or less grip it would be the same. i think it ll have lass grip with cold tires and more grip with hot tires.
Quote from John5200 :if it doesnt have more or less grip it would be the same. i think it ll have lass grip with cold tires and more grip with hot tires.

Tyres are slightly more complex than that. You could complete change the tyre code and the way they behave on track, and yet still have the same level of 'grip'.
yes but if he says it has to much grip he will defenitly change something in the grip level wich is 99% less grip (atleast at times)

and i never sayed it isnt complex
Yeah, the new tyre physics may improve the tyre marks as well... However, I don't find the marks too much, it's just that they're too dark at the lower levels (they should start barely visible)...

Tyre mark
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG