The online racing simulator
GFX Card Question, a strange one
(4 posts, started )
Question for somebody who must know When you look on a GFX card, inbetween the memory chips, there is tiny, sliver like things, sorry. Can anybody tell me what they are.

I am currently talking to BFG about putting there mem sinks on there BFG 5500 gfx card, but if I put them on, then they touch these tiny little silver things, and they don;t know what i am talking about.

Thanks

Fordie
Most likely resistors and capacitors. If they look like what I've circled in the picture then R means resistor and C means capacitor, ie R393 or C98.

Probably best not to tuch metal across them, but you can insualate them with a small piece of electrical tape if you need. Just placed over them.
Attached images
5500.jpg
thanks for you reply. When I sent them the same picture ( off Google Images ) they replied

"This will invalidate your warranty "

So guess I won't be adding BFG Mem Sinks to a BFG GFX Card, hmm, nice compatability issue there me thinks
In my experience any modifications, in terms of cooling to a graphics card will invalidate your warrenty unfortunately

You get bullshit statements like "this cooler was optimised for this specific card" - which is bollocks because as soon as I put an artic cooling on mine it went from the high 70's to the mid 30-45's

(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG