Poll : What do you think aobut the DTM?

Just boring
Good, but can be better
Great series
I don´t know the DTM
Quote from Kalev EST :Oh dear god!

gotta love german language

back to topic:
Visited 3 races live this season (Hockenheim, Norisring and NĂĽrburgring) and it always was worth the money Since Opel dropped out there have been some bad and boring races but still there are some great ones like Norisring this year. Overall i'm quite happy that the DTM still exists and i hope that with the 2011 rule changes and maybe new manufactures the series becomes more interesting again.
i like them, went to see them for the second time at brands a couple weeks ago, the racing is ok, could be beter, but the sound is amazing lol
I saw DTM gradually becoming F1-wannabe since 2004. Pitstops and fuel strategy instead of face-to-face fight on track. Pit-stop window in 2008 that made everything predictable. Too much aero. Commentators always speak of F1, like of an elder brother. Scandals like in F1 (when was it that Audi quit a race, 2007?).

WTCC is much more worth watching. Still, DTM cars look and sound great.
DTM - Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters (German Touringcar Masters)

Tracks: Brands Hatch, Barcelona, Zandvoort, Dijon
Cars: V8 Prototypes which are close to fall apart after the slightest contact

The current DTM is a big joke, the races are boring, overregulated and way too long. The 2 must pits are stupid. This are no touring cars, this are highend carbon prototypes which roughly only share the name and the shape with their production counterpart. Thats also the main reason why only Merc and Audi are doing it. I can hardly think of any other company being so stupid and making a prototype racing car which you can only use in one series which doesn't even offer good racing 80% of the time.

If I want touring cars I watch BTCC or WTCC (stupid diesels btw!).

/rant
#31 - 5haz
Quote from three_jump :I can hardly think of any other company being so stupid and making a prototype racing car which you can only use in one series which doesn't even offer good racing 80% of the time.

Toyota, Ferrari, Renault etc?

I agree that DTM is pretty dull, keep the powerful engines yes, but lets go back to modified production car shells.
DTM sucks for deep!

Im watching more like F1,moto GP and WTCC
Quote from Kalev EST :Oh dear god!

Ain't a hard word.

And I guess it's Veranstaltergemeinschaft without the d.
Thanks, BaSh0r and ACCAkut. I have to say, you guys must have a very tough time in spelling contests.
I want to thank "amen1" for creating this Poll.

It was my idea to create this Poll in many international Motorsport (and Forums who interested in Motorsport) to find out how famous the DTM outside from Germany is. And these are the results after 4 days (24.09.2009):

"Great Series"
29 People (11,24 %)

"Good, but could be better"
101 People (39,15 %)

"Just boring"
112 People (43,41 %)

"I don´t know the DTM"
16 People (6,2 %)

The most People think that the DTM is "boring". But also many people think the DTM has the potential to be a great Racing Series, like in the 90ies.

There are 258 Voters at the Polls and I´m think it´s representative for a Poll of a normal Motorsport-Fan. But it would be not bad, if some more People could take their choice at my poll.
Was watching sometimes in past but stopped it because races were quite boring and as far as I can see it's still the same.

Just hoping it won't become another F1-like business full of scandals and other crap stuff. Also only 2 manufactures are not enough, since Opel left it's even more boring than it was.
The DTM is hoping for an BMW-Entry. But the Munich-Manufactor wants an other DTM-Reglement. They want to have a Series with cars you can put into several Racing-Series (Like GT and S2000). At the Moment the DTM-Cars are just for the DTM (and f.e. the czech Endurance-Championship). What do you think ???
Which Rules are the best for the DTM, to become an really exciting Racing-Series like in the 90ies.

- The GT-Rules ???
- The S2000-Spec ???
- Is the current Reglement the best ???
- Do YOU have a great Idea ???
Quote from Helmpflicht99 :The DTM is hoping for an BMW-Entry. But the Munich-Manufactor wants an other DTM-Reglement. They want to have a Series with cars you can put into several Racing-Series (Like GT and S2000). At the Moment the DTM-Cars are just for the DTM (and f.e. the czech Endurance-Championship). What do you think ???
Which Rules are the best for the DTM, to become an really exciting Racing-Series like in the 90ies.

- The GT-Rules ???
- The S2000-Spec ???
- Is the current Reglement the best ???
- Do YOU have a great Idea ???

S2000 would be the greatest solution to bring out some real touring car action, but then it would really kill the DTM's value IMO, as basically this would put it on the same regulations than the WTCC, and would make the DTM look like a national class championship. I think that the DTM has a strong identity nowadays, because of the current technical regulations, and it would be very hard for everyone to destroy that by changing the rules completely, even if it would probably the best solution overall.

In the end, to bring back the most hardcore nutters behind their screens, cmon, there isn't many solutions, just put some proper tracks on the calendar ! What about a championship with the A1-Ring, Donington like on the early 2000s, Monza or Imola, the best tracks of the current calendar(Norisring, Dijon etc), and eventually a finale at the Ring ! Would be nice, eh?
I love the strategy part, it's only there is too much aero to make passes possible, like F1 last year. So if they'd do something about that, it would be perfect.

and yea, these aren't really touring cars, more like GT2 lemans spec car which is not necessarily bad
:bump:

Anyone with an half-decent stream for today's finale? I don't mind it it is low-quality/in Finnish/or whatever, as long as it is smooth enough to be viewable
Danke sehr
Massive, thanks Timo
Too bad, Ekström DNFed. Race will be boring as usual now, Scheider only need to get 5th. :/
5 lap sprint for the title.

G'wan Paffett
Quote from JackDaMaster :5 lap sprint for the title.

G'wan Paffett

Scheider is 2nd, there is no way he won't finish in the top 5.
pff. Gary should of bunched them up more.
And Audi wins the championship for the third year in a row.

Your oppinion about the DTM?
(57 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG