The online racing simulator
Need help with stubborn LAN Driver Please
Hi guys,

I hope you don't mind me posting this here, but I feel more people read this forum than the hardware/software forums, so that I can get my LAN driver issue resolved faster.

Basically I'm having trouble installing the LAN driver for my new motherboard, and until I get this solved, I have no internet access. And in effect, any sims that need to be reactivated through the internet don't work. (Live For Speed included). (I'm posting this from my Laptop LOL).

When I go to install the LAN driver (and it is the latest version), it says it has installed it. But then, when you go to the Device Manager, it still has a yellow question mark over the LAN Device.

Try to install any wireless LAN devices, and they don't do anything, because the LAN driver doesn't install.

Anyway, hope someone can help me. I'm sure others have dealt with this issue before, and hopefully someone has a basic procedure that works, that I can follow to get my LAN driver installed properly. So I can start driving Live For Speed again. :-)

System specs:

Windows XP Pro with SP2 (won't be installing SP3, read several times that it only slows things down and doesn't really give any useful updates) :-)
ASRock AM2V890-Vista Motherboard
AMD Athlon64 X2 6000+ CPU with Arctic Cooler 64 Pro cooling fan
Corsair Dual-Channel RAM (4 Gigabytes)
OCZ 600 Watt Power Supply
Belkin Wireless LAN device USB (have a PCI one as well, neither will work, until the LAN driver gets installed. They worked fine before the computer upgrade.)
Acer 22" widescreen monitor
Logitech G25 wheel
GPL, RBR, GTR2, rFactor, Live For Speed, and Netkar Pro

Any info I'm missing that would be helpful, just let me know, and I'll post it.

Thanks so much for the help. And again, sorry if I shouldn't have posted this in this forum. But I really want to get this solved.

Best Regards,
Aly

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG