The online racing simulator
Running an AGP card and onboard graphics together?
This is going to sound really noobish, but is running my AGP card aswell as my onboard graphics car possible? I just upgraded to Windows 7 and when on the AMD website, the idea popped into my head.
You need to enable Hybrid Crossfire, so you need compatible graphics cards and enable both cards in the BIOS.

I'm planning to do this when I buy a new graphic card, so I can't help more by the moment
#3 - amp88
Whether or not you can do this depends on a few things. The motherboard you have (if its hardware and BIOS will allow the use of the onboard graphics and a discrete graphics card at the same time), the make of the onboard chip and discrete card and your computer's operating system.

For example, my home server's motherboard (ASUS M3A78-EM) has built-in support for "Hybrid CrossFireX". This apparently (I've never used it) allows you to team the onboard graphics chip (Radeon HD3200) along with a discrete ATi graphics card. However, it does state that this can only be done using Vista and there is a restricted list of discrete graphics cards you can use.

I've never attempted to use it, but if you provide the details above maybe someone else could help you out more than me.
#4 - Jakg
Quote from Whiskey :You need to enable Hybrid Crossfire, so you need compatible graphics cards and enable both cards in the BIOS.

I'm planning to do this when I buy a new graphic card, so I can't help more by the moment

No, you dont - that only works with low-end cards anyway.

I am currently running a 4830 for 2 monitors and an onboard HD3300 for my third monitor though, and after some jiggery pokery in the BIOS it works ok actually.
CPU Intel® Celeron® D356 Processor (3.33GHz)
Motherboard Foxconn P4M800P7MB
Memory 512 MB DDR RAM - PC2700
Hard Drive 160GB UDMA 7200rpm
CD / DVD Drive Dual layer DVD±RW
Video / Graphics Card VIA/S3 UniChrome Pro IGP 64MB Shared - Crappy on-board isn't ATi, will it make a difference? ATi Radeon X800 PRO VIVO 256mb AGP
Sound Card Realtek AC'97 audio AudioPCI 5200 (Creative SoundBlaster really)
Network Card Realtek 8139 / 810X (Onboard)
Ports EiSystem E214 case and port information
Mouse Standard PS/2 mouse 99p Stores mouse
Keyboard Standard PS/2 Keyboard Old Packard Bell

Things in bold are things that weren't standard, but I use now.
Quote from shaun463 :
Video / Graphics Card VIA/S3 UniChrome Pro IGP 64MB Shared

I am fairly certain that your BIOS on the Foxconn will only allow AGP or Onboard, not both together.

SD.
Okay, thanks for the replies .

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG