The online racing simulator
My3id Gaming turns 2!
(35 posts, started )
My3id Gaming turns 2!

I'm happy and proud to announce that My3id Gaming turns 2 today! 2009 has been an extremely eventful year for us where many positives can be extracted.

First of all, I want to say a big thank you to Zafar Iqbal (r4ptor), from all of My3id Gaming for the tremendous hard work you've done over the past years. You were a driving force behind the teams success and you deserve lots of credit, so thank you!

League news:
January saw our very first Masters of Endurance podium in the 24hrs of ASGP. This thrilling race gave us great confidence for the rest of the year knowing that we were now a driving force in LFS. The rest of the MoE season, however, was laden with hardware issues and bad luck.

Throughout the year, there were many personal achievements from the members of My3id Gaming. Hugo Luis won 5 Brazilian League Championships this year bringing his total to 8 overall. The young Brazilian also became the most successful league racer on spdo's event database this year, surpassing former SK Gaming driver Nils Naujoks.

Niki Dakovic and Karolis Kliaudaitis both participated in their respective National Leagues. Niki dominated the CRO Team Racing League winning 5 of the 6 races while Karolis finished 3rd in the Baltic Cup. The Lithuanian faired better in the Race Of Champions and Murray Motorsport Cup leagues, runner-up in both.

My3id Gaming entered the LFS Pro Series with David Williams and Hugo Luis. They finished in a very respectable 2nd place behind #low Racing with Dave finishing second in the individual championship.

David Williams and Niall McEvoy won the team championship for My3id Gaming in the RSWC, winning 9 of the races as well as Hugo Luis winning 3 more for the second My3id Gaming team. Dave also won the individual championship.

My3id Gaming had another triumph when it won the spdo GP2 league thanks to guest appearances from Jack Basford, Martijn Bont, Leonardo Forcinetti, Hugo Luis and Karolis Kliaudaitis, with several of them claiming race victories.

In the 12 race season of OLFSL, Hugo took 5 wins, but with 3 unfortunate disconnects and 1 missed race, he finished 6th overall. There was also 1 win each for Dave and Karolis.

In IGTC we were also unlucky not to take the title having a string of hardware issues mid-season which massively reduced our points haul. But we didn't give up, winning the last 3 rounds in succession for a strong fight back, almost taking the title in the process. Unfortunately for us, spdo finished well enough to take the title in the final race. Congratulations to them on winning back to back titles!

In September our attention turned to the new season of MoE. This year for the first time we entered a car in both classes. The season started on a high with the GT1 team of Jack, Hugo and Dave dominating round 1, claiming My3id Gamings first ever Masters of Endurance race win. The GT2 team had a strong debut also, finishing 2nd in class.

For rounds 2 & 3 our regular GT1 drivers were split up due to other commitments, despite this a 3rd and 2nd place finish were achieved respectively, maintaining our recent string of podium finishes. This places our GT1 team just 8 points from the championship lead at this point in the season. Our GT2 team finished 2nd in round 2, but Round 3 was one to forget with the team running out of fuel on the last lap, demoting them to 10th at the flag.

Recruitment:
We feel we have made some very good signings this year. Young talents like Reno Koots have injected raw pace into our strong lineup. Rik de Jong rejoined us after a period with CoRe Racing. In August, Cai Yufeng and Laszlo Kotrocz joined us.

We would also like to thank former members for their contribution to the team while they were with us.

Future:
The future is bright for My3id Gaming. Once the Masters of Endurance season is complete we will form a new division on iRacing. Several of our current LFS drivers have been impressed with this simulator and would like to take on new challenges presented there in the future, whilst maintaining a presence on LFS.

Thank you to all our competitors, friends, supporters for making 2009 a great year. Hopefully 2010 can be a better year!

Happy New Year!

---

Source: My3id Gaming news section
#2 - Fuse5
Congratulations guys! \o/
Great news, good luck guys. Happy birthday
Nice, happy birthday and good luck in the future. Both in LFS and iRacing.
Happy Birthday, My3id Gaming.
Happy birthday guys!
Congrats!
#8 - Seb66
Congratz and happy birthday
#9 - Foqs
HB lads!
Nice write-up
Happy birthday
Happy birthday and good luck
Quote from niall09 :
First of all, I want to say a big thank you to Zafar Iqbal (r4ptor), from all of My3id Gaming for the tremendous hard work you've done over the past years. You were a driving force behind the teams success and you deserve lots of credit, so thank you!

Grats with the 2 years, and ty ^^ I had a great time with 3id.
Great news Niall, keep going 3id
grats!
Congratz
Happy Birthday My3id!
graattz
Congratz
grats
You're only 2 years old??

Gratz anyways - and here's to many more
happy birthday
Gratz and Happy birthday !

You guys are very fast !