The online racing simulator
G27 wheel not responding, everything else works.
I have a logitech g27 that is just 3 days old now. I connected it and installed the software and everything was working fine for 2 days. Today when i turned on my pc the wheel did not rotate for the calibration like it usually does. and inside the games everything works fine except for the steering wheel. The wheel seems to be dead. No response at all. I checked all the cables and power and also tried unistalling the logitech gaming software that came along and resinstalled. but still it doesnt work.
when i have everything connected the shift indicator lights on the wheel stays on all the time. Another thing i noticed is that the power light on the shifter is a bit dimmer than what it used to be.

Does anyone else here had this issue or have found solutions to this?
Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide.

PS: Using logitech profiler version 5.08.146
The power light is blinking until the wheel calibrates it self. It's strange that yours is on all the time
Try connecting it to another pc and see if it calibrates. If it wont calibrate its probably broken. I had a same problem with my old g25, had to get it replaced. Try contacting logitech support, theyre really helpful.
sounds like the power is not getting to the wheel. Try a different power source, and if that fails try to get Logitech to send you a replacement power adapter. if that fails I can send you one. If that fails, get a replacement g27
Logitech Customer Service totally unhelpful / offensive
Quote from brambram :Try connecting it to another pc and see if it calibrates. If it wont calibrate its probably broken. I had a same problem with my old g25, had to get it replaced. Try contacting logitech support, theyre really helpful.

I tried contacting them and because I cant give them proof of purchase (although wheel wasnt bought from them) they wanted to close ticket i had raised with customer service.
Bearing in mind g25 comes with a 5 year guarantee (logitech) they came up with a ridiculous statement (made by there head of customer service dept i might add)
"that they didnt replace second hand controllers (even if it was still under warranty they still wouldnt honour there 5 year guarantee) because i bought it on EBAY it was obviously a second hand wheel ....er nope cost 160 uk pounds.

emails went like this

me.....
Id like a replacement for my g25 as the pedals spike when i press them down,all 3 pedals cause it (added 2 videos of spikes being shown in dxtweak2 (logitech software) and severity of them making pedals totally useless (reminiscent of momo bug the hardware fault/design flaw in momo wheel that logitech still deny is a problem of there making)

logitech
We require a photo of your g25 serial number (yeah np)
also photograph of proof of purchase.
If you do not respond in seven days this ticket will signed off as RESOLVED

me....
er.... wait a minute,i didnt buy it it was a xmas present off my aunt

logitech....
Thankyou for update......

me...
my aunt says it was bought from a shop on ebay,but she has no receipt,nor can she remember what shop she bought it from.

logitech....
Thankyou for update
We do not replace second hand controllers

me...
wait a god darned minute,its far from resolved,my aunt says she can prove she bought it new with bank statements,but it will cost her £11 pound for every statement she'll have to request off the bank until she finds it. a cost she is not willing to pay.

logitech...

Why do you need proof of purchase when it wasnt bought from logitech?
... there was and is no mention of proof of purchase being required for guarantee to be good,when she bought it nor on any of documents that came with g25,nor any mention when it was registered at logitech 2 days after purchase.

logitech....

oh come on be reasonable ,other companies that offer a guarantee require no such photos of this and that, just that you send it back in original box etc (which i have).
as far as she knows there are no bootleg g25's being sold on black market,or anyone selling copy's of g25s so why proof of purchase requirement?

logitech...(Head of customer service no less)
thx for update kevin...
If you do not respond to this email within seven days it will be closed off as resolved

me..
Ok,so your willing to lose our custom, we have spent at least 1000 uk ponds over last 2 years alone on your momo, g25 and headset products all because you for what ever reason you wanna come up with need proof of purchase

logitech
thx for update

me...
well ****K YOU
Isn't that the way your last relationship ended?
#7 - dadge
Quote from BRiT_ORC : ...

can't your aunt check her ebay purchase history and track the wheel that way? once she knows the retailer, she can request a duplicate invoice. that what i did and now i use a spanking new G27
also, you could of handled the emails a bit better. one line emails are never a good way to get your issue across.
did you mention that the wheel was bought from an Ebay retailer or just Ebay? did you ask for advice on how to gain a proof of purchase? did you ask why Logitech have this policy in place? when dealing with call centres (via email of phone), the person asking the questions is the person controlling the conversation. you'll find this is very important to know when you have to deal with agents (or managers who are just better paid agents).

oh aye, how much is 1000 uk ponds actually worth
Quote from BRiT_ORC :Bearing in mind g25 comes with a 5 year guarantee (logitech)

It does not - it is 2 years.
Does not replace seccond hand controllers? Why the heck did they give me 50% reduction on all of their products on my 4 year old, seccond hand DFP then? :

I have to agree with dadge, you could have emailed them being more politely and giving the more information. Took me 2 emails to them to handle things.
UPDATE : Sorry i know its a bit late but i thought i'd still go ahead and update the info for the sake of others who are facing similar issues cos when i had this issue i never found a proper answer.

So what we found out was that since my G27's other functions were all running and the shift indicator lights are also on everything was alright with the USB connectivity part of it. The only part that takes power from the external power supply unit is the steering wheel and the two force feedback motors thats linked to it since it requires a lot more power than what the USB can provide. So my issue was narrowed down to an external power supply issue.

So i took it to the service center and they said the power adaptor had to be replaced and that my actual wheel doesnt have an issue. But since they didnt have any spare power adaptors they could give me, they replaced it completely. What more could you ask for! From then on i lived a happy life.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG