The online racing simulator
Need help with my ATi Mobility Radeon HD 5145...
Hey guys I'm wondering if there's something wrong with it since it idles at 65 deg C most of the time and the fan is running at 30% all the time regardless of the temperature (according to GPU-Z). I'm afraid it might melt my card and mobo down in a very short time. Can't change anything in RivaTuner anyways so can anyone tell me how to change the fan speed to improve cooling using some other ways? Thanks!

P.S. Now that I'm running Powerbot and surfing web at the same time, it's idling off at 80 deg C and I know that's very hot. Fan speed is at 30% still.
powerstrip should be able to modify your clocks, i think it also has some fan control, but since you're using ati, give atitool a try.
Okay I'll do that for now.

P.S. ATI Tools don't work for me since the driver refused to install so nothing showed up, furthermore the Tool is from 2006 so I doubt it works for my card. Trying Powerstrip now.

P.S.2 Powerstrip don't seem to work either. Any other ways to change fan speed?
if either of those don't work, probably not. mobility chips are kindof hit-or-miss.
Ah well, I hope it's sturdy enough to withstand that much heat over a long time.
there is one final option, but i really don't recommend it.

if you can find out which R### chipset you're using, you might be able to flash the mobility with the desktop version's BIOS (if one exists). a quick look would lead me to believe it's an R710.

as soon as you have a desktop BIOS installed, all the locked stuff should get unlocked.
I really don't think he should be attempting to flash his video card's BIOS. Don't do it.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG