The online racing simulator
Codemasters Formula1 2011
(106 posts, started )
Quote from Flame CZE :It just looks like these new games don't handle wheels well.

Wouldn't blame the game... Responds fine here with or without vsync. It's more likely to be on your end.
Quote from Bose321 :Wouldn't blame the game... Responds fine here with or without vsync. It's more likely to be on your end.

That's weird then, and indeed I had the same problems with NFS Shift / Shift 2 as well. My GFX card is an ATi Radeon HD 5770, CPU is AMD Phenom II X6 1055T (2.80 GHz), RAM 4 GB.

So I will probably stick to keyboard in these games. :/
Quote from Flame CZE :That's weird then, and indeed I had the same problems with NFS Shift / Shift 2 as well. My GFX card is an ATi Radeon HD 5770, CPU is AMD Phenom II X6 1055T (2.80 GHz), RAM 4 GB.

So I will probably stick to keyboard in these games. :/

My Phenom II X3 720 (2.81GHz), my HD5750 and my 4GB DDR3 ram handles the game at full graphics without problems

EDIT: just opened the game to check once more that I have everything set to the max, without V-Sync, at 1440x900
Quote from Bose321 :Wouldn't blame the game... Responds fine here with or without vsync. It's more likely to be on your end.

Quote from Whiskey :My Phenom X3 720 and my HD5750 handles the game at full graphics without problems

Yep. I have good performace too at full details but the input lag is still there.
I found some pretty nice wheel settings for G25/27...

Profiler Settings...
Overall Effects Strength = 104%
Spring/Damper Effect = 0%
Centre Spring = Off & 0%
Degrees of Rotation = 350

Game Settings...
Advanced Wheel Settings...
Steering Deadzone = 0%
Steering Saturation = 35%
Steering Linearity = 20%
Throttle Deadzone = 0%
Throttle Saturation 10%
Brake Deadzone = 0%
Brake Saturation = 10%

Force Feedback Options...
Environmental Effects = 20%
Feedback Strength = 100%
Wheel Weight = 30%

This setup feels great to me, even though you dont actually use all the 350 degrees rotation (think the lock is 220 or something) it allows the onscreen wheel to turn the same rotation as the wheel you are holding (shame you cant switch the on screen wheel off!), but still feels silky smooth
Quote from Stiggie :Anyone else having horrible deadzone with the G27?
If not, could anyone post their settings?
I don't understand how Codemasters still have not figured out how to make the most popular wheel (G25/27) out there work properly with their games..

Also, I have to select my G27 instead of keyboard in the controls menu every single time i restart the game, and reconfigure the button mapping, what the ****?

exactly the same problems here

also some very weird ffb. sometimes it feels like it's not there and then suddenly all force turning the wheel left. it's pretty much unplayable atm...

EDIT:
i tried with a saturation of 15% and linearity 0% with a rotation of 360° in the profiler. that seemed to work until i restarted the game...

EDIT #2
about the controller reset...
Quote :for the people having issues with the settings not being saved. do NOT use the keyboard to move through the menus or the load screen when loading the game. use the wheel buttons only(or shifter buttons) and your settings will not reset.

<- well done codemasters...

Codemasters Formula1 2011
(106 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG