The online racing simulator
Remember guys the NASCAR weekend starts tonight.
Yup, truck race is tonight
With Andretti possibly fielding a Dodge and Petty possibly switching back to Dodge, I sure hope Kenseth doesn't take the career ending path down that road.
Scott Speed on pole for a while. Almost scary lol
He actually put down a beast lap.

In other news, BK is an idiot.
High winds just hit Kentucky, qual will be delayed.
They're finishing up now. Thankfully no rain so far. Hoping it blows over.
Dillon's car fails post-race inspection: #3-Austin Dillon's car failed post race inspection. It was too low in the rear. Penalties are expected to be announced Tuesday.(6-29-2012)

Too bad he'll keep his win.
Quote from PMD9409 :With Andretti possibly fielding a Dodge and Petty possibly switching back to Dodge, I sure hope Kenseth doesn't take the career ending path down that road.

Nothing wrong with Dodge, or any of the makers. The issue with Dodge is they do not offer a ton of support for the teams to run their badging. At the end of the day there isn't THAT much different between the makes. All are custom built cars with custom built engines for each track. That badge on the front of that is only that, a badge. NASCAR makes a big deal about the badging to give the car makers an incentive to push money/parts to the teams running their cars.

IMO Roush needs to make room for Trevor Bayne, Kenseth knows this and has the respect for Roush to step away from the team to free up his ride. Money is tight everywhere and teams just cannot support many high profile drivers. Shame to see him go, I watched Kenseth/Rieser cut their teeth on the local Wisconsin shorttracks. But it makes business sense, Bayne is good to drive for what.... 25 years? Kenseth has what? 3-5 seasons tops?
Nothing wrong with Dodge, it's the teams moving to it that IMO would be an issue. Also Ricky is much better than Bayne. Bayne has that 500 win yes, but the future talent is in Ricky. Unless Jack keeps a hold on Trevor (which he probably will), I see Kenseth lasting longer (as in 10 years).

Also on topic of Kentucky: Recorded a Dale Jr onboard for nearly the entire race. Can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... sV54&feature=youtu.be
Loved the kyle busch one was funny to listen to him complain about everything.
Kenseth has a good 5-8 years left
Quote from PMD9409 :Dillon's car fails post-race inspection: #3-Austin Dillon's car failed post race inspection. It was too low in the rear. Penalties are expected to be announced Tuesday.(6-29-2012)

Too bad he'll keep his win.

Actually, at Kentucky a low rear would be a disadvantage (which was the penalty I do beleive.. I've been offline for almost a week now )

In other news, Kentucky Speedway's traffic problems are more than fixed. Race wasn't bad either
That's just for how the car is sitting still, doesn't mean it is like that when it compresses in the corner.
And again.
Quote :Dillon's qualifying time disallowed after penalty
By David Caraviello, NASCAR.COM
July 06, 2012 5:57 PM, EDT

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- Austin Dillon's pole-winning qualifying run was disallowed after his No. 3 car was found to have an illegal modification, NASCAR announced, making Ricky Stenhouse Jr. the official pole winner for Friday night's Nationwide Series race.

Dillon won the pole at Daytona International Speedway with a speed of 177.340 mph, edging Stenhouse for the top spot. Shortly after the session ended, NASCAR announced that Dillon's time had been disallowed because of an open cooling hose found under the cockpit. The infraction violates the part of the rule book pertaining to permissible duct work and is thought to have provided the car with an aerodynamic advantage.

As a result, Stenhouse moves to the front spot and becomes the pole winner of record, while Dillon will have to start 42nd in the 43-car field. Any further penalties for the infraction will be announced early next week, according to NASCAR.

It marked the second consecutive week that Dillon's car has run afoul of the NASCAR rule book. The rookie was docked six points on Tuesday after the rear of his car was found to be too low in inspection following his victory June 29 at Kentucky Speedway. The penalty cost Dillon the series lead, which he had taken from Richard Childress Racing teammate Elliott Sadler after the win.

Crew chief Danny Stockman Jr. said Thursday that the Kentucky violation occurred because the team mistakenly used an incorrect bolt that was vibrated loose by the rough track surface during the event. "We'll be paying attention to the details a little bit more," he said.

Edit: Tony caught with the same thing. His 2nd place turns to 43rd.
Kurt got lucky with that caution
umad? No reason for excuses. He drove through everyone. Ricky wrecked two people tonight and had Kurt all out of shape at the line. Austin plain wrecked himself though there at the line. The whole race was pretty good, too bad about that big wreck in the middle.

Finally won TS pick'ms tonight as I picked Kurt. Oscar however picked Brian Scott (car fail), Clint Bowyer (crash), and then Danica Patrick (crash) and finally Hornish who got hung out at the end.
Quote from PMD9409 :umad? No reason for excuses. He drove through everyone. Ricky wrecked two people tonight and had Kurt all out of shape at the line. Austin plain wrecked himself though there at the line. The whole race was pretty good, too bad about that big wreck in the middle.

Finally won TS pick'ms tonight as I picked Kurt. Oscar however picked Brian Scott (car fail), Clint Bowyer (crash), and then Danica Patrick (crash) and finally Hornish who got hung out at the end.

No im not mad, just stating he got lucky with that caution
Another driver caught being involved with drugs it seems..
Quote from R34GTR :Another driver caught being involved with drugs it seems..

Yep Dinger. What an idiot.. He got caught and he knows it
Hornaday failed a drug test a while back. Reason? Prescription medicine. Still think he's an idiot?
Quote from DieKolkrabe :Hornaday failed a drug test a while back. Reason? Prescription medicine. Still think he's an idiot?

Well, I just got aggravated because hes got the opportunity to do well with Penske. I hope its that that would be great.
Junior 1st DNF of the season car didnt pass line :|
What a boring race.
Weird race. Wish they could get the pack more spread out somehow. Makes it like a lottery with all the big crashes that are bound to happen.

All the best cars were in contention for the win at the finish, but they mixed it up too much and allowed everybody else to have a chance to put the field into a blender.

I'd say that 'Dinger wouldn't have been suspeneded if it wasn't some serious and obvious kind of infraction. Othwise they would have waited until following the race you'd think...

Nice to be reconnected to the internet again, but then again, a break is always nice

2012 Nascar Thread for Rednecks
(1589 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG