The online racing simulator
Wreckers, once again....
(93 posts, started )
Babelfish has this to say:

Quote :I have noticed that many Germans to have gepostet here, therefore my statement in addition on German if one wants to absolutely translate for the not Germans is he it calm to make!!! We are Newbies, have the play only for approximately 2 weeks and are therefore not particularly good, we also still drive with keyboard!!! so one can drive stop not particularly well and turns more frequently than one reasonably drives!! But wait it at the beginning already as well as now??? We were concerned before with no running play, have therefore no experience with Rennsimulationen!! We have also a clan in which we Counter Strike to play, and h0lz came on the idea which we also times a running play on-line plays could. I fande that a good idea am and we bought the S2 license. We so often drive we can and to try become better only why we muck with run in such a way sometimes to make are actually simple! If times running ran completely properly a few rounds, but then due to a driving error or due to the keyboard price increase a turner or a Crash happened, we despair nearly with the play because nothing to function want!! Then we could drive on the others those to rage well and want them then to away-ram! Is actually daemlich however in such a way react we to stop! I find that actually also shits!! Only if I then times another out-provided of the distance push moves derjeige mostly onto unf insults yourselves for us equal!! Only can we for it which we to Newbies are and not yet well to drive be able?? And it is not correct as was stated, to crashen which we only bought the license around muck to build and all different!! It does to us wrong which we in such a way reacted and to try us in the future to improve, we also about any assistance to make happy whom we get could itself (setups, fahrtipps, ideal line etc..) Again apology for the drivers, whose Hotlaps and/or running we ruined,

I say they are still muppets...:smash3d:
lol
very rough translation!!!
but i hope that all can understand it !!
thx for translation!!!

and........

thx for the nice post,too (f1racer)
Nunja, es ist verständlich, dass man sich ärgert wenn mans mal wieder verhaut, aber das gibt euch noch lange nicht das Recht das Rennen anderer zu zerstören. Zu sagen "naja, so reagier' ich halt" ist schonmal garkeine Ausrede, sondern ein deutliches Anzeichen dafür, dass ihr was an eurem Verhalten ändern müsst. Auch wenn das jetzt ein (vielleicht unfaires) Schubladendenken ist, aber eine andere Reaktion auf das "Verlieren" hätte ich mir von dem Durchschnitts-CS Spieler auch nicht erwartet. Was in CS die Teamkiller und Cheater das hier die "Wrecker".

Naja, soviel zu den bösen Worten, jetzt zu den Tipps :
  1. Ladet euch mal ein paar Weltrekords-Replays runter (aus LFS World) und seht den Fahrern zu, das sollte schonmal bezüglich Ideallinie und Bremspunkte einiges bringen
  2. Setups gibt es schon einige, wenn ihr hier nix findet, versucht mal die alten RSC Foren oder das Setup Field
  3. Das Verhalten auf der Rennstrecke sollte, vorallem wenn man noch wenig Erfahrung hat, sehr defensiv sein. Geht die Kurven ruhig und gelassen an - ein Dreher schadet nämlich viel mehr als was man durch die aggressivere Fahrweise wett gemacht hätte. Smoothness is the key to speed!
  4. Bezüglich Bremsen in der Nähe anderer Wagen: Relativ früh zu bremsen beginnen! Besser ein bisschen langsamer durch die Kurve als das halbe Feld abzuräumen. Ausserdem, für jeden Wagen vor euch müsst ihr ein paar Meter früher zu Bremsen beginnen, als ihr das bei einer Hotlap tun würdet. Ihr müsst ausserdem damit rechnen, dass der Vorderwagen früher als normal bremsen könnte, also Achtung!
  5. Kauft euch ein Lenkrad. Das Fahren wird dadurch deutlich einfacher und gleichzeitig realistischer. Wenn möglich sollte es ein Lenkrad mit Force Feedback sein, im Notfall geht aber auch eins ohne. FF macht das Fahren nochmal einen Tick einfacher, da man viel mehr fühlt was der Wagen gerade macht, ob er Grip hat oder nicht, etc.
  6. Üben, üben, üben! Die anderen Fahrer haben auch nicht nach zwei Wochen so schnell fahren können, sondern fahren wahrscheinlich schon mehr als zwei Jahre.
  7. Siehe Punkt 6.
#79 - mr_x
Quote from AndroidXP :Nonono, there's a BIG difference between crashing and intentional wrecking.

Intentional wrecking is like parking in a chicane, with the intention to ruin someones race, like that sonic and holz guys did. Usually it's very easy to distinguish between intentional wrecking and an accident.

If you brake too late into a corner or clip someone slightly and he spins or you mess up in some way or another, this is an accident and nowhere near banworthy. I wouldn't even kick you for that, as I account that to the "noob-factor" or just a lack of experience. These things happen all the time and even pros make such mistakes.

that wasnt my point... just u used 'Mr X' (my racer name btw) as an example, i know u mean anyone by that and not me in particular! jst bein picky that all now im just confusing myself so i will shut up

anyway *gets back OT* there is NO excuse for just stopping in turn 1, even if you are new!! even newbies tend to stop on the edge of the track and not on the apex of a corner blocking the track, its just common sense to stop on the grass!!

hope that made some sort of sense, im veeery tired

Chris
:ices_rofl Oops! No sorry, I didn't mean you
#81 - tpa
Well sonic, I am not sure about you but h0lz parked his car in t1 right after he joined the server, and not just after a couple of laps, as you claim!

I especially dislike what you wrote here:

Quote :
Dann haben wir Wut auf die anderen die gut fahren können und wollen sie dann wegrammen ! Ist zwar eigentlich dämlich aber so reagieren wir halt !

"Then were are mad at at the others that are good drivers and wanted to ramm them off the track. It's kind of silly but thats just the way we are"

illepall

I don't know, I guess it was just a question of time until CS kiddies like you burst into the LFS scene. You are the teamkillers of LFS, ruining the fun for everyone else.
If you were actually serious about this game you would have completed the training or at least have practiced offline so that you could get a clean lap on the track, before joining servers.
No, I was not as quick as I am now when I first started playing LFS but I know that I have always tried to be a good racer and I have never pissed off other racers purposly.
Your behaviour just shows your massive immaturity, as does you post trying to justify this behaviour, which by the way lacks any kind of real argumentation.

You have to understand that LFS, or every other racing simulator, is very different from games like Counter Strike or whatever.
In CS you might be the hero of your team one round, because you killed every member of the opposing team with a lucky headshot, but in LFS there simply is no luck! You will never get a fast lap, just because of luck in every corner. LFS is all about skill and pratice (= time). If you want to be fast, you have to pratice hard and a lot.
And once you have invested enough time to be competitive and go online to have fun races with other equally enthusiastic racers, your race is spoiled by some idiots that are pissed off because of their inability to keep their cars on the track... you have to understand that people will become angry at these idiots.

The people on the servers will share their setups 99% of the time, if you ask them nicely. Also, if you need advice about driving the cars, almost all of the faster drivers will give you some! Just ask.
It will also help to start off with the slower cars like the UF1, the XF GT or the XF GTI. Learn to drive these cars fast, and then move on to the quicker cars!!! Back in the S1 days we didn't have any of the really fast cars. AND WE LIKED IT!

so... either you guys become somewhat serious about playing this game, or piss off!
If you want to become serious, the first thing to do is buying a proper wheel.
@s0n!c. The german community is very big, and many members have good skills in english, I'm quite sure you can find someone to translate in english.

Da Hoe can do that maybe. And I think you know him very well : he was leading the race when you parked both in T1, ruining his race.

ps : s0n!c played with kb, but hOlz has a wheel, and it seems s0n!c can drive well whith kbd, when he wants, for example to hit his friend, or to join him in T1.
Quote from tpa :

1. You will never get a fast lap, just because of luck in every corner. LFS is all about skill and pratice (= time). If you want to be fast, you have to pratice hard and a lot.

2. And once you have invested enough time to be competitive and go online to have fun races with other equally enthusiastic racers, your race is spoiled by some idiots that are pissed off because of their inability to keep their cars on the track... you have to understand that people will become angry at these idiots.

First of all, i also can't understand the behaviour we saw here:
Then we are mad ... and wreck them of the track.

1. Completely agreed. It's about practice, and you can learn a great deal when you just take a look at other more experienced racers on how they drive, where they brake and how they attack corners.

2. Not completely agreed. Well it's simple to say you have to practice offline and when you're good go online. But it's an online simulator, so you can't just tell people to stay offline until they're good. It's also possible to drive online, even if you're not good (fast), and drive clean. I think one will learn faster if he drives online and take a look at the other drivers then to learn by himself offline. Being a slow or a fast driver has nothing to do with being a clean one. What newbies have to understand is only that in the beginning it's probably more important trying to keep the car on track even if they're slow, cause i'd like to think that there isn't such a thing like ' inability to keep the car on track'. It's only a matter of how fast you're going and where you're limit of car control is. Ie if you drive BWGP with a GTI sey at constant 50 kp/h it's hard to crash, no? So it all comes down to your speed. Well it's clear that most poeple try to push, even in the beginning, and that accidents are a logical cause of this.
Well for the first time "EVER" that i can remember i have just experienced sort of wreaking behaviour. The person I feel sorry for is Solar Hydro. he got voted off for hmm, nothing in my eyes. I tried in vain to stop the vote, but in the end, he got fed up and left

So called Team. Team IF| ( not registered with LFSWorld)

What on earth has happened here? With Licensed drivers also? Come on? This is getting out of hand, and well I know its a little bit more work, but surely the Devs can have an overal say in this sort of behaviour?

When me and Tweak started CRC in S2 demo, we said, CRC should not be needed when S2 Alpha comes out.

Seems we was wrong?
#85 - ysu
Quote from ColeusRattus :Sorry for O/T, but arguing pro death penalty with "costs" is quite distastefull ...

We are on different opinion here. but yes it's O/T, maybe some other time/place. I don't believe in religions either. :-)
On topic:
I've seen son1c yesterday night joining to our server, I was ready for some hardcore crap, but somehow nothing happened. He either was kicked in short order by an admin or he did behave...
I'm sorry my first post on the new forum is such a negative one but after seeing the replay of Aston, I got really upset.

I do understand that people new to simracing have problems controlling the cars, getting up to speed and doing consistant laps. I also understand that using a keyboard maybe an extra handicap. I too was a rookie once, we all were, we all made mistakes at one point or another...

That being said, your apology would we a rightful one if it made any sense. Unfortunately, it upset me more than your stunts on the track. Do you really expect people to believe your post after watching the replay?

How can you say you're sorry after ruining the race for several people, blaming it on your on lack of driving skills when one can clearly see in the replay you and your friend hitting eachother and others with only one intention: making as big a pile-up as possible...

Secondly, if it was truely a driversmistake, it is always nice to say "sorry" on the server itself. A simple "sorry" never killed anyone. Clearly, neither of you guys even considered doing that. In fact, you just reposition your cars skillfully in the same blocking position to create mayhem yet again. What suddenly happened to your lack of driving skill there huh?

Replying here on the forum could have been a step in the right direction. Unfortunately, you're not even admitting you were doing something wrong but instead blame the whole thing on your lack of driving skill and/or experience... that's just plain stupid.

I've had many many races with people on the track that were considerably slower than most of the drivers but they never caused a deliberate wreck fest like both of you clearly did.

It's not your driving skills that have to improved dudes, it's your attitude.

Until you realize that, go back to your own CS servers where you can be king of the hill by fragging your own team members ...

Wim

EDIT: Maybe some think this is an isolated case... in a way it is, fortunately I would say. But imo it can set a certain mood resulting in people getting kicked or banned for unjustified reasons if no action is being undertaken against the stupid behaviour shown in the posted replay.
s0n!c: if you and your buddy keep this work up, then you most likely will be banned from most servers.
Being a "noob" by myself (well, played a few weeks S1 after release but had to quit soon lacking of time) I know how hard it is to keep the car under control (no other driving simulator driven since my old S1-expirence). For me the border of when being ready to join (not compete ) online-games is very hard to locate.

At the moment I'm refusing to join online-session and train offline several basic tracks with the XR GT instead. Building up a solid knowledge and feeling of a RWD-car. Now I'm already beginning to drive some constant laps without spinning off the track. With the feeling of having the car under control comes also the speed. The hardest lesson to learn was not pushing the car over it's and my limits. Big advantage is also that the tires will start to build up more grip. When you're resetting the car (in offline-training) after every corner the tires are always at low temperature = less grip = more frustation.

I think (you tell me) that's about the time to join online races and learn how to drive with other cars on the track.

But maybe you need to be 28 years old (and therefor have the money to buy a steering wheel when you are in the mood) to go this way.

Cheers
Teufel aka Mathias
#89 - Jimi
Quote from s0n!c :Ich habe bemerkt das hier viele Deutsche gepostet haben,
deswegen meine Stellungnahme dazu auf Deutsch,
wenn einer unbedingt für die nicht deutschen übersetzen will soll er es ruhig machen !!!

Wir sind Newbies , haben das Spiel erst seit ungefähr 2 Wochen und sind deswegen nicht sonderlich gut, wir fahren auch noch mit tastatur !!! so kann man halt nicht besonders gut fahren und dreht sich öfter als man vernünftig fährt !! Aber wart ihr am anfang denn schon so gut wie jetzt ??? Wir haben uns vorher mit keinem rennspiel befasst, haben daher keinerlei erfahrung mit Rennsimulationen !!
Wir haben auch einen Clan in dem wir Counter-Strike spielen, und h0lz kam auf die Idee das wir ja auch mal ein Rennspiel online Spielen könnten. Ich fande das das eine gute Idee sei und wir kauften uns die S2 Lizenz.
Wir fahren so oft wir können und versuchen besser zu werden
Nur warum wir manchmal so Mist bei rennen machen ist eigentlich simpel !
Wenn mal ein Rennen ein paar Runden ganz ordentlich lief, aber dann durch einen Fahrfehler oder aufgrund der Tastatursteuerung ein Dreher oder Crash passiert, verzweifeln wir fast bei dem Spiel weil nichts funktionieren will !!
Dann haben wir Wut auf die anderen die gut fahren können und wollen sie dann wegrammen ! Ist zwar eigentlich dämlich aber so reagieren wir halt !
Ich find das ja eigentlich auch scheiße !! Nur wenn ich dann mal einen anderen ausversehen von der Strecke schieben regt derjeige sich meistens auf unf beschimpft uns gleich !! Nur können wir dafür das wir Newbies sind und noch nicht gut fahren können ?? Und es stimmt nicht wie behauptet wurde, das wir uns die Lizenz nur gekauft haben um Mist zu bauen und alle anderen zu crashen !!
Es tut uns leid das wir so reagiert haben und versuchen uns in zukunft zu bessern, wir würden uns auch über jegliche hilfe freuen die wir bekommen können ( setups, fahrtipps, ideallinie etc.)

Nochmals entschuldigung für die Fahrer, deren Hotlaps bzw. Rennen wir ruiniert haben,

mfg. s0n!c & h0lz

That's extremely impudent...
Quote from Teufel :Being a "noob" by myself (well, played a few weeks S1 after release but had to quit soon lacking of time) I know how hard it is to keep the car under control (no other driving simulator driven since my old S1-expirence). For me the border of when being ready to join (not compete ) online-games is very hard to locate.

At the moment I'm refusing to join online-session and train offline several basic tracks with the XR GT instead. Building up a solid knowledge and feeling of a RWD-car. Now I'm already beginning to drive some constant laps without spinning off the track. With the feeling of having the car under control comes also the speed. The hardest lesson to learn was not pushing the car over it's and my limits. Big advantage is also that the tires will start to build up more grip. When you're resetting the car (in offline-training) after every corner the tires are always at low temperature = less grip = more frustation.

I think (you tell me) that's about the time to join online races and learn how to drive with other cars on the track.

But maybe you need to be 28 years old (and therefor have the money to buy a steering wheel when you are in the mood) to go this way.

Cheers
Teufel aka Mathias

the problem is not about being inexperienced and going online, it's about being careless and going online. none (well not many) of the drivers have problems with slow cars on the track. the day it isn't allowed to drive around the track while not being as fast as the leaders will be the death of this game. this kind of thinking doesn't belong in a game called 'ONLINE racing simulator' - not allowing new users that paid for it to drive online...

drivers like you (and probably me) aren't the guys that ruin the races - as long as you try not to mess up the other drivers races and stay out of their way while being lapped, there's no need to practice offline only. and if you stick to the cars you can control, you will have fun online even without perfect driving skills

i haven't raced the FO8 online because i can't control it - but knowing my limits i can still have fun online racing with some not as difficult to control cars. there's a large german community with some fun-events where also slower guys kan participate over at the german forums and also some newbie friendly league racing is going on at the OLFSL
CS - no alarms and no suprises there. Just seems to breed em Some people need to learn that you don't play LFS like CS - i.e., you don't KILL people, you race them

Simple, you noobs (if, in fact, your assertion that the foolishness and wrecking was a result of inexperience and not plain old stupidity) - don't race online until you can beat the AI on Pro without crashing. Suck with keyboards? Practice! People unhappy with you on a server? Leave! There's usually a crash server somewhere. Don't know English? That's ok! Just let people race ffs...
Quote from Hankstar :Simple, you noobs (if, in fact, your assertion that the foolishness and wrecking was a result of inexperience and not plain old stupidity)

There are two replays as attachement in this thread. As S2 licensed, you can see by yourself. IMO, this definitely not inexperience, there are'nt noobs, but real wreckers.

ps : they're already banned for a lot of french servers for a while, at least til REAL & SINCERE apologize, not this sort of stupid draft I've seen.

ps2 : As I said before, I've posted a link on this thread on LFS France forum, and some french racers replied : hOlz & s0n!c were already well known as wreckers by other french racers
I saw the replay and that's why I said "if". I didn't think for a minute those actions weren't plain stupid.
Cheers though
-
(aroX123) DELETED by aroX123

Wreckers, once again....
(93 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG