The online racing simulator
New PC, requesting help.
(19 posts, started )
New PC, requesting help.
Basically I'm looking for a new gaming computer, and the amount of money I'm willing to spend is €800.

Doesn't matter what you use, as long as it's a high-end gaming computer.
I got a week left before I hear if I passed my exams or not (definitely pass), and if I do pass indeed, my dad will buy this computer for me.

You guys decide the computer I get

Thanks in advance,

super wok
Do you need case and HDD?
i5 2500k, 8 gig ram, decent psu ( 700+w ) 7xxx ati or similar Nvidia + case and aybe a small SSD..

do yo have any parts to carry over ?
Quote from Whiskey :Do you need case and HDD?

It's gonna be completely new, so yes.

Quote from theirishnoob :i5 2500k, 8 gig ram, decent psu ( 700+w ) 7xxx ati or similar Nvidia + case and aybe a small SSD..

Nope, gonna be brand new. I'm keeping the PC I got right now as a download station and server station, and my new PC for gaming.
Bumpitybump
#6 - troy
Quote from theirishnoob :i5 2500k, 8 gig ram, decent psu ( 700+w ) 7xxx ati or similar Nvidia + case and aybe a small SSD..

700w psu? Unless he wants to power his vacuum cleaner with it too that is seriously overkill. You rather get a premium psu with max 500w which will still be too much for the parts suggested.
#7 - dadge
and so it begins...
So far I'm thinking of an i5, 8GB ram, 2TB SSD.

The rest is up to you guys.
A single 2TB SSD is probably overkill, an SSD with enough space for all your apps + a big HD for data would be more cost effective and would give you a separate drive for system backups.

It was also mentioned in a similar thread that there are a new generation of nvidia cards out soon, could be worth getting a cheap card for you old box and using the card you have until they come out and that motherboard chipsets are changing as fast as the weather atm so could be worth looking at the lower price end of quality motherboards for now.

TBH, if I was putting together a PC now everything other than the power supply, case and possibly CPU would be at the lower end of the price scale as it seems things are moving fast and current high end parts will get old quickly.
You'll need a whole lot more than 800 euros just for 2TB of SSD space alone. Even a 120GB SSD is pushing it very tight with that budget if you need a complete build.
Nevermind the SSD then, I'm buying a
Hitachi HDS5C3020ALA632 instead.

Quote from stan.distortion :A single 2TB SSD is probably overkill, an SSD with enough space for all your apps + a big HD for data would be more cost effective and would give you a separate drive for system backups.

It was also mentioned in a similar thread that there are a new generation of nvidia cards out soon, could be worth getting a cheap card for you old box and using the card you have until they come out and that motherboard chipsets are changing as fast as the weather atm so could be worth looking at the lower price end of quality motherboards for now.

TBH, if I was putting together a PC now everything other than the power supply, case and possibly CPU would be at the lower end of the price scale as it seems things are moving fast and current high end parts will get old quickly.

I'm not getting a cheap card, because this 1 works fine and I'm not gonna replace parts.

Edit:
What about this setup?
500W power
AMD FX-8150
8GB RAM DDR3
AMD Radeon HD7770
Chipset AMD 760G
2TB SATA HDD
Buy a small SSD (60-120 GB) and install Windows and all your programs/games on that. And buy a 2 TB HDD for data storage.
Quote from wildstyle :Buy a small SSD (60-120 GB) and install Windows and all your programs/games on that. And buy a 2 TB HDD for data storage.

I could do that but I guess I'm just staying with the 2TB SATA.
Quote from super wok :I could do that but I guess I'm just staying with the 2TB SATA.

You will regret that. My SSD is, hands down, one of the best upgrades I've made in the recent years. I'd definetely buy one if I was in your shoes.
Yep, spinning disks are going the same way as tape, too slow for anything but backup. SSD performance leaves them for dead, software will start expecting those fast transfer rates before long and will pause and hang while data is loading if it doesn't get them. Lot to be said for 10 second boot times too
I don't really care about boot time, since my computer is gonna be on 24/7 anyway...
Also, the data transfer speed doesn't matter that much either, as long as it gets the job done.
So I passed my exams, and my dad is gonna buy this pc for me:
http://www.alternate.nl/html/p ... 010778/?tk=13&lk=2560

Specs:
Voeding
Omschrijving 80 PLUS Gecertificeerd
Vermogen 600 Watt
Processor
Omschrijving Intel® Core™ i5-3570K
Modelnaam Ivy Bridge
Kloksnelheid 4x 3400 MHz
Level 1 Cache 4x 64 KB
Level 2 Cache 4x 256 KB
Level 3 Cache 6144 KB
Instructieset SSE4.1/4.2, AVX, Intel 64
Bussnelheid 5000 MT/s
Geheugen Controller
Geheugenkanalen 2
ECC-geheugen wordt ondersteund Nee
Registered-geheugen wordt ondersteund Nee
Fully Buffered vereist Nee
Core Ivy Bridge, 22 nm
Opmerkingen Turbo-Modus: CPU tot max. 3,8 GHz; GPU-snelheid: 650 / 1150 MHz (Standaard / Turbo)
Max. Stroomverbruik 77 Watt
Bouwvorm FC-LGA4
Socket 1155
CPU-koeler
Stock koeler
Geheugen
Omschrijving 8192 MB DDR3
Totaal capaciteit 8.192 MB
Aantal modules 2
Standaard DDR3-1.333
max. 32.768 MB mogelijk
Grafisch
Grafische chip AMD Radeon HD7850
Geheugen 2.048 MB
Chipset
Intel® Z77 Express
Moederbord
Aansluitingen 2x USB 3.0, 8x USB, 1x PS/2, 6x Audio, 1x Optisch, 1x Coaxiaal, 1x RJ-45, 1x DVI-I, 1x DVI-D, 1x DisplayPort, 1x HDMI
Netwerk
Gigabit-LAN, WLAN (300 Mbit/s)
Optische drives
Blu-ray-Brander
Harde schijf
2,5" SSD, 120 GB, SATA III / TRIM
2.000 GB, SATA II / 5400rpm / 32MB
CardReader
Formaten SD, SDHC, MMC, MS, MS PRO, MMCPRO, miniSD, RS-MMC, MS Duo, MS PRO Duo, miniSDHC, microSD, microSDHC
Features
WL-364 WLAN adapter
Besturingssysteem
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
Software

Costs €1099,-

New PC, requesting help.
(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG