[G27] Car with 6th gear, only semi-automatic
Hi, I have the G27 and like to drift in LFS, but when I use cars with a 6th gear, LFS won't let me shift manually, even though I have a 6th gear assigned.

For that wide array of 6 gear cars, the program only lets me use the flappy pedals, which I don't like. Is this problem caused by my G27, by the game, or by my inability to choose correct settings?

Thanks in advance
LFS simulates real gearboxes, which means that the cars that have sequential gearbox must be used like that (XFR, FXR, XRR, etc). On the other hand, cars with H-gate shifter can be used with whatever shifter type you want.
Quote from Whiskey :LFS simulates real gearboxes, which means that the cars that have sequential gearbox must be used like that (XFR, FXR, XRR, etc). On the other hand, cars with H-gate shifter can be used with whatever shifter type you want.

Mhh.. i was wondering does it work if u tweak the car settings so it has H-gate?
I've never learnt how to use tweaks (properly), but if it allows you to change that I'm pretty sure you could then use the shifter.
you can change gearboxes with many of the tweak programs. If you have any scripts assigning buttons you may need to edit those too

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG