The online racing simulator
[ASK] I Want to Ask About Logitech MOMO Racing Force Feedback Wheel
Hello you all guys in this forums. Good morning everybody.
Btw I want to ask you all about the steering wheel Logitech MOMO Racing Force Feedback Wheel for PC. And my question is : how many wheel turn/rotation degrees of this steering wheel (Logitech MOMO Racing Force Feedback Wheel)? And btw does this steering wheel (Logitech MOMO Racing Force Feedback Wheel) have any force feedback effect features or just vibration feedback effect features?
Okay that's all about my question. Please reply all of my question above soon, guys. Thanks in advance, guys.
#2 - Hahmo
270 Degrees of rotation if I remember correctly. It does have some feedback, although it isn't that great. I would buy Logitech DFGT instead of the momo wheel.

I had one of these, and wasn't impressed.
- The stick is made badly, the plastic parts holding it in place inside the case are flimsy. Fortunately, if they break, you can open the case and use the ones from the other side.
- The pedals are too soft, and the potentiometers will become inaccurate. The latter can be worked around with DXTweak2, the former with a tennis/squash ball or something if you like modding. Otherwise, they lack any feel at all.
- The wheel's motion is very slow when force feedback is enabled. So slow, that counter-steering is a frustrating affair.
- It has "proper" feedback, not vibration.

It's a cheapo wheel, expect cheapo performance. It's usable, but if you can get a a DFGT or something better, do so.
Quote from Hahmo :270 Degrees of rotation if I remember correctly. It does have some feedback, although it isn't that great. I would buy Logitech DFGT instead of the momo wheel.

Okay guys btw thanks for your replies.
The degrees of Logitech MOMO Racing Force Feedback Wheel wheel rotation/turn is about 270 degrees. It does have some force feedback effect instead of vibration feedback effect. And it's good steering wheel for playing some racing games in the PC platform.
Oh yeah, btw can we change/adjust the wheel turn/rotation of this steering wheel Logitech MOMO Racing Force Feedback Wheel? For example we can adjust the wheel turn/rotation in Logitech Profiler, control panel, or Logitech MOMO properties, etc? Please reply my question soon guys. Thanks in advance.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :
I had one of these, and wasn't impressed.
- The stick is made badly, the plastic parts holding it in place inside the case are flimsy. Fortunately, if they break, you can open the case and use the ones from the other side.
- The pedals are too soft, and the potentiometers will become inaccurate. The latter can be worked around with DXTweak2, the former with a tennis/squash ball or something if you like modding. Otherwise, they lack any feel at all.
- The wheel's motion is very slow when force feedback is enabled. So slow, that counter-steering is a frustrating affair.
- It has "proper" feedback, not vibration.

It's a cheapo wheel, expect cheapo performance. It's usable, but if you can get a a DFGT or something better, do so.

Okay guys thanks for the replies to my question.
btw can we switch/change/adjust with the steering wheel turn/rotation of this steering wheel (Logitech MOMO Racing Force Feedback Wheel) for example we can switch/change/adjust it in the Logitech Control Panel or profiler or Logitech MOMO Properties? Reply my question soon please. Thanks in advance.
#6 - Hahmo
What about you Google the answers instead of asking us obvious questions..

270 is the max degree rotation, you can reduce it in the Logitech profiler.
Quote from Hahmo :What about you Google the answers instead of asking us obvious questions..

I don't belive you can change it. At least not with the profiler I used back then.

I had that wheel before my G25, I miss the thick rim, but that's all. Although it was a great wheel at his time now it is just an old 'crappy wheel'.
Quote from Hahmo :What about you Google the answers instead of asking us obvious questions..

Yeah, okay guys btw thanks guys for replies.
Oh, btw the max degree of wheel rotation is 270 degrees lock to lock for this steering wheel Logitech MOMO Racing Force Feedback Wheel. But I see in the youtube site, some people drifting in LFS using this steering wheel Logitech MOMO Racing Force Feedback Wheel, they turn their steering wheel left or right is just about not more than 90 degrees per side (left & right) or only 180 degrees lock to lock (90deg turn left + 90deg turn right).
This is the videos showing some drifting in LFS using Logitech MOMO Racing Force Feedback Wheel :
www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLK1VwYmxAs
www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bjayJmnBY0

:laola:
Quote from Whiskey :I don't belive you can change it. At least not with the profiler I used back then.

I had that wheel before my G25, I miss the thick rim, but that's all. Although it was a great wheel at his time now it is just an old 'crappy wheel'.

Thanks so much guys for your replies in this thread.
Quote from imthebestracerthereis :The Logitech MOMO Racing Force (black, the one you commonly see on YouTube) has 240 degree lock, see video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=qZmHJPC2Dc0

Here's the two, comparing the first (Logitech Momo Force, Red) and second generation (Logitech MOMO Racing Force). The original MOMO had 270 degree lock.

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racing_wheel

Okay btw thanks for the replies from you in this thread.
Btw that's right that the newest generation of the Logitech MOMO Racing Force Feedback Wheel has 240 degrees lock. Btw it has 240 degrees per side (240deg turn left & 240deg turn right) or 120degrees per side (120deg turn left + 120deg turn right = 240deg)? Okay guys please reply my question. Thanks before.

:rock_band :rock_band
120 degrees on each side, this is why when you see people drifting with this wheel, they don't usually go more than 90 degrees on each side.
Quote from imthebestracerthereis :120 degrees on each side, this is why when you see people drifting with this wheel, they don't usually go more than 90 degrees on each side.

Yeah that is right, I see people do some of drifting using this steering wheel and they don't turn their wheel more than approximately 90 degrees on each side. So that, it can be assumed that this steering wheel has 90deg + 90deg = 180deg (lock to lock) of steering rotation. Btw I am sorry if i am wrong. Btw for the master over here please correct me and post all of your opinions here. Thanks before.
Why would you assume every drift is done at the maximum steering lock? Neither 240 nor 270 are 180, or 90.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Why would you assume every drift is done at the maximum steering lock? Neither 240 nor 270 are 180, or 90.

Because I see a few videos on youtube people do drifting using this steering wheel (Logitech MOMO Racing Force Feedback Wheel) with steering wheel rotation degrees no more than 90 degrees of rotation. For example, see some of LFS Onboard Drifting Videos below :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDmVpF2WCx8/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XyZ_33IF-0k/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-o-0aG1HA8/
www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bjayJmnBY0/

btw correct me if I am wrong. Thanks in advance. :laola:

:rock_band

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG