The online racing simulator
Lfs S3?
(42 posts, started )
Lfs S3?
hi. I was wondering, if LFS S3 comes out, will we have to pay extra like you did for LFS S1?

if so, i'll stick to demo for now and upgrade later.
S3 won't come out for years, and either way you will pay the same amount, just some now, and some later if u buy S2
Yes, you will have to pay the upgrade.

But why don't you buy your S2 license and then upgrade when S3 comes out? The total sum will be the same.

You are missing a great sim
Yes, if you wait for S3 you'll have to pay £36 to get it.

But if you buy S2 now for £24 you'll only have to pay £12 to upgrade to S3 -> total cost = £36

If you had bought S1 for £12, upgraded to S2 for £12 and then upgrade to S3 for another £12 then you pay a total of £36.

So, it makes no difference when you buy it, you'll pay the same. All you do is miss out on the experience of licenced online play, and learning the cars.
yep, no point in waiting.. wont do you any good
Its £24 for LFS S2, and i suspect tis going be anouther £12 to upgrade the S3 when its available, so you wont save any money at all. You might as well buy it now and then when S3 is out get that.
#7 - Jakg
Quote from tritoch :if so, i'll stick to demo for now and upgrade later.

why? youll pay the same whatever you do!
Yes, I recommend you get S2. It will cost you the same amount in the end. We don't know how many years it will be to S3, after S2 is finished.
#9 - Jakg
Quote from Scawen :Yes, I recommend you get S2

omg! thats such a suprise!

Please note that Scawen the super coder is ALWAYS right. Disobey him at your peril!
how do you know prices? maybe S3 will cost 24 GBP + for example another 24, equal 48?
#11 - DeKo
because hardly anybody would buy it if it was 48 quid.
#12 - Jakg
it has been said by the devs before that each stage costs £12, and that each previous stage must be owned to get the next

S1 = £12
S2 = S1+S2 = £24
S3 = S1+S2+S3 = £36
hmm, nice system
Quote from alliennas :how do you know prices? maybe S3 will cost 24 GBP + for example another 24, equal 48?

Im unable to find it, but im sure somewhere on lfs home page mentions about the three versions costing £12 each.
So S1 = £12
S2 = S1 + £12 = £12 + £12 = £24
S3 = S1 + S2 +£12 = £12 + £12 + £12 = £36

Edit : Damn me not refreshing a thread before posting.
Quote from alliennas :how do you know prices? maybe S3 will cost 24 GBP + for example another 24, equal 48?

Expecting a big increase in the costs involved in typing in code ?
#16 - wE1l

If the price increase corresponds to the leap of quality in S3, then I'd be glad it's 48 quids.
Quote from Scawen :Yes, I recommend you get S2.

Taken out of context that line is great.
Quote from Scawen :No, I don't recommend you get S2.

illepall

Answer was two posts above ...

Quote from Scawen aka Scavier aka Coder :Yes, I recommend you get S2. It will cost you the same amount in the end. We don't know how many years it will be to S3, after S2 is finished.

you do realise that by S4 it will cost £48 according to your logic.

I don't think anyone will buy after that. the dev's will have to cap their price at £35 or somwthing similar and after that, offer free upgrades.
No they wont. I will pay 12 pounds for each and every stage update, as will many, many other drivers. And, there has been no mention by the devs of an S4. They have said they will go up to S3. Anything further is anyone's guess.

MAGGOT
i thought they said, S3 will be the final game? in the lfs saga
yep.. at the very beginning they were thinking 4 stages, but at this rate, there is no purpose in making a 4th stage

i still dont get your logic tritoch, do you just have no money and trying to come up with a reason to not buy the game or what? because the price will never change, 12 pounds a stage, 3 stages, and its going to stay that way
the S1 is not buyable...
Quote from Live For Kill :the S1 is not buyable...

There was never anyone online in the S1 servers anymore anyway

Lfs S3?
(42 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG