The online racing simulator
LFS with Windows 8
(13 posts, started )
#1 - pitu
LFS with Windows 8
Hello there! Just bought a new laptop - asus s400ca with i3 and intel HD Graphics 4000. Seems to be powerful enough to have 60+ fps in lfs with max setting, but in some reason, I have only around 30 fps. It has 1.8ghz and 2-quad cores, so why it's working so bad with Windows 8? I finished all the programs, so only lfs is running. No idea, why so slow. Maybe you can help me? And I tried to update videocard drivers. I installed new driver from 22th of march of this year, but lfs even did not started

P.S. Buy windows 8 they said, it will be faster they said
Quote from pitu :Hello there! Just bought a new laptop - asus s400ca with i3 and intel HD Graphics 4000. Seems to be powerful enough to have 60+ fps in lfs with max setting, but in some reason, I have only around 30 fps. It has 1.8ghz and 2-quad cores, so why it's working so bad with Windows 8? I finished all the programs, so only lfs is running. No idea, why so slow. Maybe you can help me? And I tried to update videocard drivers. I installed new driver from 22th of march of this year, but lfs even did not started

P.S. Buy windows 8 they said, it will be faster they said

LFS only uses one core, so its really only 1.8ghz
#3 - pitu
But still, how can I improve my fps?
Lower the resolution and settings. The specifications sound very weak to achieve proper frame rates.
#5 - pitu
Quote from Bose321 :Lower the resolution and settings. The specifications sound very weak to achieve proper frame rates.

I tried, but it did not make a lot of difference. I got another laptop with i3 and it have over 100fps on autocross for example, but it has windows 7. maybe the problem is in windows? My specs are good enough to play Dirt 3, so why can't I play lfs?
Which i3 models are we talking about? As anbiddulph told, LFS only uses one core of the CPU whereas DiRT uses all of them. You're CPU-bound it seems.
#7 - pitu
Quote from Bose321 :Which i3 models are we talking about? As anbiddulph told, LFS only uses one core of the CPU whereas DiRT uses all of them. You're CPU-bound it seems.

I don't know anything more than it's i3 with 1800MHz :C
I used to have worse computer and I had better FPS. I'm sure that problem isnt in PC specs
#8 - pitu
oh, it's i3-3217U, if it makes difference
LFS had lots of problems with Windows 8 when I tried it, the FPS was significantly lower than with Windows 7, I guess that's the case with integrated Intel graphics too.
I actually don't notice a difference at all, perhaps one or two FPS higher on Windows 8.
#11 - pitu
but is there any solution to improve fps?

And why when I tried to install new graphics driver lfs wasnt even starting? There was a black screen and a sound of error, but I couldnt look which error it was
Quote from pitu :but is there any solution to improve fps?

And why when I tried to install new graphics driver lfs wasnt even starting? There was a black screen and a sound of error, but I couldnt look which error it was

yes, throw away windows 8 and use win 7. alway's works. dual boot if you do not want to throw away win 8
#13 - pitu
i can't throw win8 - it's one of the most important reasons why i got new laptop and i have a touch screen here
well, thanks, i will try to get win7, in case there aren't easier ways

LFS with Windows 8
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG